Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Sims 2 Baby Glitch!!!

emmasims199emmasims199 Posts: 96 Member
My pregnant sim gave birth to twins and the game won't let me name or hold them. I have mods so I took them out of the game and tried again, but the same bug happened. Did this happen to anyone else and does anyone know how to fit it. I love playing the sims 2 and growing families, so if anyone knows how to help please do. Oh also when this glitch happens it always says she is having twins.

I am playing on the sims 2 ultimate collection and windows 10.

Comments

• taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Try going into Origin and right click on the Sims 2 icon and repair the game. Hope that helps.
  • emmasims199emmasims199 Posts: 96 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Try going into Origin and right click on the Sims 2 icon and repair the game. Hope that helps.

Ok will try that hope that helps too.
    Oh, remove all your custom content. It might be a mesh or skin messing up the game.
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Oh, remove all your custom content. It might be a mesh or skin messing up the game.

My sim I was playing didn't have any cc on and i did the fix thing and kinda made things worse, the screen was really close up and did not get rid of the glitch...I hate to do this but i might have to uninstall it and reinstall the game.
    So the glitch seemed to magically fix itself... I still don't know what was wrong, but i hope it never happens again.
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    My pregnant sim gave birth to twins and the game won't let me name or hold them. I have mods so I took them out of the game and tried again, but the same bug happened. Did this happen to anyone else and does anyone know how to fit it. I love playing the sims 2 and growing families, so if anyone knows how to help please do. Oh also when this glitch happens it always says she is having twins.

Argh... my sim did this yesterday! I've tried three times to let him have his baby. He keeps getting bored during the birth and walks away. Renders the game unplayable because everything is stuck waiting for him to finish having his baby, and he's in another room dancing or something stupid.

Argh... my sim did this yesterday! I've tried three times to let him have his baby. He keeps getting bored during the birth and walks away. Renders the game unplayable because everything is stuck waiting for him to finish having his baby, and he's in another room dancing or something stupid.

Yes This is exactly what happens! Mine just kinda fixed itself, but it is really annoying and I hate not knowing what caused it.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member

Just out of curiosity, do you also have the UC and Windows 10? I'm wondering if your game is glitching because it's having compatibility issues with your operating system? I know from reading other threads that many people seem to have issues with the game if they have Windows 10. Which for me just adds to the very long list of why I don't EVER want Windows 10.
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member

Just out of curiosity, do you also have the UC and Windows 10? I'm wondering if your game is glitching because it's having compatibility issues with your operating system? I know from reading other threads that many people seem to have issues with the game if they have Windows 10. Which for me just adds to the very long list of why I don't EVER want Windows 10.

Sorry everyone. This was a case of 'all my own fault'. I downloaded something, at the behest of someone, in attempt to fix something else wrong with my game. Turns out, I needed a companion hack to go with it. I was carelessly downloading. My bad. I fixed it. He had his baby. It was a boy.

Thanks your your concerns.
    I'm glad you figured out the problem! Congrats on the little boy!
    Does anyone know how to fix the flashing on the screen because when I fixed my game to get rid of the baby glitch it started happening and I don't know how to get rid of it. So anyone who could help would be much appreciated.
    edited May 2016
    What do you mean by "flashing?" Are you playing on full screen and hitting "start" to get back to the desktop so you can go back and forth between the game and the Internet and that's when a kind of rapid "blinking" occurs? If so, I have that happen too. I think it has something to do with the graphics card, but if you just wait for a while, it will stop eventually. It's annoying but I don't know that there's much you can do about it. I know some people say to update your graphics card/driver/whatever, but I won't do it because you have to know what your graphics card and drivers are and what kind you need, and I don't, so I refuse to mess with it. It doesn't stop the game from running, it's just annoying temporarily.

Edited to add: I have noticed that if I use Ccleaner to clean out the temp files on my computer and in the browser, it does temporarily help stop the blinking.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    EA recommend that when playing Sims2 you don't have background programmes (especially anti-virus) running or the internet.
    I appreciate that players do this and if you elect to, perhaps you should play in Window Mode?
    It is easy to change - on your latest Sims2 expansion pack icon, right click properties and add -w to target.
    As you have Windows 7, printing screen will now print your Sims2 game playing instead of just your desktop.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    flashing areas especially on your sims maybe, are your cc you removed but didn't go to the mirror to switch it for something else, like hats or earrings.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    I don't think flashing was the right words to use sorry about that, what i mean is when i'm playing there is like a screen glitch, it doesn't break the game just very annoying.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I don't think flashing was the right words to use sorry about that, what i mean is when i'm playing there is like a screen glitch, it doesn't break the game just very annoying.

Do you have the smooth edging on high? If not you should turn it up.
    I don't know I will have to check that next time I play but I will keep that in mind thanks
    @emmasims199 if you're wanting twins and you're using a mod, there's no need because all your sim needs to do is eat cheesecake while pregnant, which only needs to be once and any time from the sound of the tinklebells right up to just before the birth. I forget which expansion pack cheesecake came with, may have even been the base game, or might have been Seasons. Anyway, if cheesecake is available at any of your restaurants or one of your sims has a high enough cooking skill that it comes up as an option for them to be able to make it themselves, then it is hunky dory. Your sim can even eat cheesecake and guarantee twins when there is only enough room in the house for one baby, he/she will still have twins, although I've never tried it with an alien impregnation of a male sim.
    @DivinylsFan

I don't have a mod to for twins, I mentioned the twins thing because each time the glitch happened it would always be twins, a boy and a girl. Which is strange unless the game preprograms which baby and how many babies you get before the birth
    I don't know if the game predetermines how many babies, but it definitely doesn't predetermine the gender of the baby, because you can save just before the birth and then exit without saving after the birth and keep coming back just before the birth until you get the gender you want. I can't remember if that changes how many babies. Usually you can tell when it's going to be twins when the mother isn't fat in the first place and her belly is rather big, and her needs drain extra badly. I remember I didn't really manage to prove to myself whether or not it's more likely in a family that's already had twins without cheesecake, but maybe it is, ya know like the genetic thing, and in all my years of playing I never had triplets, but I've seen plenty of players with mods have triplets, I don't know if it actually does occur naturally in the game but like a rare thing.
    Well then that is strange then huh... I wonder if the glitch made that happen to her. She gave birth like five times before the glitch finally went away and they were all twins and a boy and a girl. And I think you need a mod if you want to have triplets.

@DivinylsFan
    I know that if she's eaten cheesecake it won't matter how many times you exit and come back she will still have twins, but I don't know about natural twins
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    When I started playing with the base game, Nightlife and Glamour Life, nearly all the Sims I played with gave birth to twins - I don't think I even knew about cheesecake increasing the chances nor Sims2 patches but most likely the disks would have updated my game when being installed.
    Like many players, I started in Pleasantview and created a single Sim who married Mortimer Goth and they had two sets of twins.
    When I played Strangetown, Vidcund Curious and Loki Beaker gave birth to twins after being abducted by aliens. Loki's twins were so cute! :)
    Later, Vidcund married Bella Goth and wait for it...she gave birth to twins! Certainly Bella was a Family Sim in this instance although sometimes Bella shows up as a Romance Sim.
    A few months later, I discovered Sims2 websites and couldn't believe that some players had never had twins in their game and that twins only randomly occur! :)

@DivinylsFan
    Only with Bella did I exit my game without saving after the birth and when I played the lot again, it was another set of twins - so I exited again and the same thing happened yet another set of twins. I don't recall exactly the last time I saved the lot before she gave birth - but it was probably as the family were going to or already in bed - the twins were born about 3am. This makes me think a multiple birth is pre-determined by the third day?
    @LadysimPlayer8 I think you're right, the third day is when the mother is obviously bigger than normal, I could never tell on day one or two, so it probably is when it is decided. If Mortimer and Bella both had twins in different marriages, I don't know who's genes it would be that are prone to twins. On the subject of Mortimer, have you ever noticed that the Pleasants' twin daughters look like him? If and when Mary Sue in your game dies, see if he comes to watch or visit very soon after .. I think the creators when they were setting up the neighbourhood and playing those families to the stage they're at, Mortimer had an affair with Mary Sue.