Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Biblical Times CC

Does anyone have any links for CC clothes from Biblical times? I'm doing searches, but coming up empty. Anything that would be considered okay for sims to wear in that time will work.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    It's hard to pinpoint an exact timeframe for what you're looking for, because "biblical times" stretches anywhere from ~2500 BC to 300 AD. You could be looking for more bronze age stuff, more Romanish stuff, or more early pre-medieval stuff. For women, I'd suggest some medieval peasant clothing (found at ModtheSims) and using create a style to make it look more rough. For men, I'm totally unsure, as I believe men often wore tunics at that time as well as women. If you have WA, the Egyptian style clothes from there could be closest to what you're looking for though they seem to be more modern garb.
    Get off my lawn!
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited May 2016
    These ones? Maybe http://venusprincess-simblr.tumblr.com/tagged/male outfits (obviously not the speedo ones, LOL) she has a lot of sort of... "roman period" type things, and then a lot of other... things.. heehee.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    It's hard to pinpoint an exact timeframe for what you're looking for, because "biblical times" stretches anywhere from ~2500 BC to 300 AD. You could be looking for more bronze age stuff, more Romanish stuff, or more early pre-medieval stuff. For women, I'd suggest some medieval peasant clothing (found at ModtheSims) and using create a style to make it look more rough. For men, I'm totally unsure, as I believe men often wore tunics at that time as well as women. If you have WA, the Egyptian style clothes from there could be closest to what you're looking for though they seem to be more modern garb.

See, I'm not totally sure. It's a challenge I'm trying and the first gen is Stone Age. That was simple enough for me (thanks Flinstone's :D:D ) and I found some good CC to use. Not just clothes, but a good looking hut and baby "bassinett", a few other things. But the 2nd generation it just says:
    Gen 2: Dawn of Agriculture

(~5,000 YA) Early biblical times, or other small trading villages

I have no idea what that means. I'm not so good with history. I hear biblical times, I think Jesus time with the robes and sandals. I'll give the Egyptian clothes in WA a look thru. See if I can find something. Thanks. (Actually, thinking about it. I think I have a WA Egyptian robe-ish thing for my girls night clothes right now that might work for her.) :)

These ones? Maybe http://venusprincess-simblr.tumblr.com/tagged/male outfits (obviously not the speedo ones, LOL) she has a lot of sort of... "roman period" type things, and then a lot of other... things.. heehee.

Actually, the first two might work for my men. And the third will be really good for the 3rd generation, as it's roman times, I believe. Thanks. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I can't link right now. You can Google procrasimnation, they have head coverings you might like.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2016
    The togas from the UL exp Origin preorder whatever are perfect "Parteus Maximus statue".Male and female versions too and with the right pattern fit the theme or even fine default.Plus to boot has cute hair with olive leaves in different variations.Am not fully in game yet or would show you.Basically the Christian version of Jesus depicted in pictures and wise men,Moses etc are wearing the same thing.Simple garbs
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited May 2016
    I do have UL but I didn't preorder, so I guess I don't have those Togas. I thought I had the extra content from UL, but I don't think I ever seen any togas. Those would be perfect. If you get in game and decide to take some pictures of them, please share. I'd love to see them (who knows, I might find them lurking in all the content and just by-passed them before).

@lasummerb I bookmarked that page to go thru tomorrow. They do look like it has some good stuff. :) Thanks! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited May 2016
    @ChelleJo Check your mail,I sent you a picture of a funny cat. :D

DfydFiZ.gif
    Majority of the Bible is of Roman influence even though it is Middle Eastern North African based.. ;) Even a chapter called Romans..go figure.Togas never go out of style :p

DfydFiZ.gif
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I would use the Indian Inspirations Collection and recolour them with plain brownish colours all over
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    ChelleJo wrote: »

See, I'm not totally sure. It's a challenge I'm trying and the first gen is Stone Age. That was simple enough for me (thanks Flinstone's :D:D ) and I found some good CC to use. Not just clothes, but a good looking hut and baby "bassinett", a few other things. But the 2nd generation it just says:
    Gen 2: Dawn of Agriculture

(~5,000 YA) Early biblical times, or other small trading villages

I have no idea what that means. I'm not so good with history. I hear biblical times, I think Jesus time with the robes and sandals. I'll give the Egyptian clothes in WA a look thru. See if I can find something. Thanks. (Actually, thinking about it. I think I have a WA Egyptian robe-ish thing for my girls night clothes right now that might work for her.) :)

I think there is a Sims 4 tumblr who converted some of her Sims 4 prehistoric stuff to Sims 3, I can't remember her name, but if you Google "Sims 4 Prehistoric" her blog and the links to the content should come up.

As for the Biblical times, that's when it gets messy. For around the time Jesus may have lived, the area was under Roman rule and so they likely wore more Roman-type clothing. The Old Testament was written about 5000 years ago, but the story of Jesus not until the 1st century AD. Jesus was likely born in the year 4 AD and died in the year 30 AD, so right smack in the middle of the Roman Empire. The Romans did have a tendency to take over areas and allow them to continue their old customs so long as they paid taxes to Rome. Jesus would likely have lived in what is modern day Palestine/Syria/Lebanon/Israel area, so maybe research some of their traditional clothing to see if you can find anything that looks similar.

I wish I could help ya more. When I was playing Sims 2 I loved all the historical clothing there was, but with Sims 3 it's much harder to come by. It took me weeks to build up a decent medieval collection and even longer to get Victorian clothing. I think it's a lot harder to make clothes for the Sims 3, that could be why. I love history and I would love to play historical towns if there was enough content out there to make it all congruous, but it seems like there isn't :( or maybe I just suck at searching lol.
    Get off my lawn!
    edited May 2016
    I would use the Indian Inspirations Collection and recolour them with plain brownish colours all over

Yes, this, and also pale blues and greens. If you want to have a "nobility" family from the Roman Era, deep purples and reds usually signified wealth and/or status, as those dyes were harder to come by.

Oh and the medieval stuff I mentioned in my earlier post, a lot of that can be used for older build/buy stuff. There's a few decent collections of medieval objects out there which could reasonably fit into the early first century.
    Get off my lawn!
    edited May 2016
    there's also a few long Middle Eastern type robes in the World Adventures stuff both male and female and children I think

oh .. that's already been said .. :blush:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    The togas from the UL exp Origin preorder whatever are perfect "Parteus Maximus statue".Male and female versions too and with the right pattern fit the theme or even fine default.Plus to boot has cute hair with olive leaves in different variations.Am not fully in game yet or would show you.Basically the Christian version of Jesus depicted in pictures and wise men,Moses etc are wearing the same thing.Simple garbs

I was thinking that too.

Here's the male outfit.
    Felix020.jpg
    @girlwhocriedtaylor Wow. You found a LOT! Thank you so much! :) Next is the biblical era, then it's ancient greece/rome (that I will have to find stuff for. Yours and Gaia's will come in handy!), after that is the Dark Ages. I'll have to research what clothes I'll need in that era. After that, I think I have clothes covered from Store content. I do appreciate you doing that! I have done multiple searches and have come up empty each time. I guess I just don't know good keywords to use. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    No problem! I just put in "sandals sims 3 cc" in google or "Roman clothes sims 3 cc" and go to images. I tried Egyptian and a couple other things. I like finding cc, it's fun for me. :smile:
    @Karritz aw I joined in Sims 3 too late to get those Togas, and had the disks anyway. They weren't even in the bonus content. I was just thinking about the togas from Sims 2 the other day, they had toga parties.