Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Competition Concept | Looking for collaborative partners & models

JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
So I have a concept I wanted to try and thought I'd see if there's any interest in it. I would start a new thread if there's enough simmers on board. Let me know thoughts on this (I'm looking for a couple collaborative partners) and we can brainstorm together.

"Model On-The-Job" Concept
Do you have what it takes to do the job? Models will be sent out into the work field and put on-the-job for their photoshoot challenge. Jobs will diversely vary, requiring models to either dress to impress, or throw on a hard hat and boots. Because in this competition, it's about doing the job and doing the job right!

• Models must be newly made for competition and may contain CC or be CC-free.
• Models must be aged teen to adult but can be any race, gender, shape and size.
• Photoshop may be used to create photoshoots but no photoshopping models.
• Models must be comfortable doing photoshoots in glamorous job settings, not-so-glamorous job settings, and outright blegh! job settings.
• Models will be judged on three basic things: (1) Does the model depict the job accurately? (2) Does the model incorporate an interesting pose? (3) Overall is the photoshoot appealing to the eye?
• Deliberation is executed by host and any guest judges.
• Winner receives a "Model OTJ" award! Yay :)

For those interested in being collaborative partners...
• You don't need any previous experience in modelling competitions. Just needing partners with fresh ideas for "jobs".
• You don't need any photo editing skills but that's definitely a plus.
• You would likely be needed as a regular judge, or at least, a guest judge on deliberations.

Collab partners
@Jellysimwich
@AngiesSmith
@madoka
@themysticalpoet
@Ashe89

For those of you interested in participating as a contestant...
Just sign your name below and I'll keep track of how many simmers are interested.

Contestants
@dafadolly

When would this competition happen?
There never seems to be a good time for another modelling competition, as there is always a competition currently active, so I guess just whenever we get a good handful of simmers ready to play along :) Meanwhile, things can be brainstormed and hashed out in thread before anything is set in stone.

Alright so...any collab partners or models interested?
Post edited by Jellysimwich on

Comments

• Options
    AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    I'll collab with it! I think this would be a fun and interesting competition. I have photo editing experience as well. If you want to just msg me we can start working on this whenever :) If you need to be a member to msg, then we can just talk here until I get to a member, hopefully soon *crosses fingers*
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Options
    I'll collab with it! I think this would be a fun and interesting competition. I have photo editing experience as well. If you want to just msg me we can start working on this whenever :) If you need to be a member to msg, then we can just talk here until I get to a member, hopefully soon *crosses fingers*

@AngiesSmith it looks like you're very close to becoming a full member! Yippee!

Awesome, I'd love for us to be collaborative partners :) I've already got some ideas on the back-burner, and am eager to see what ideas you have, as well. For now, looks like there's no immediate rush in getting this started (as we need models) but that gives us lots of time to brainstorm :)
  • Options
    @AngiesSmith since you have experience in PS, feel free to use the thread to share any ideas for a competition banner or logo, something we'd use for future seasons (if it came to that).
  • Options
    Ok great! I just got membership so yay! I'll be thinking about this and coming up with ideas and whenever I get one, I'll msg you.
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Options
    Ok great! I just got membership so yay! I'll be thinking about this and coming up with ideas and whenever I get one, I'll msg you.

I'm on and off in forum a lot, so I tend to get my messages pretty quick ;) So that works!
  • Options
    @AngiesSmith since you have experience in PS, feel free to use the thread to share any ideas for a competition banner or logo, something we'd use for future seasons (if it came to that).

I'll just msg you the pictures I come up with so I don't make this messy. Or we could even have an open poll for whichever one looks best
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    I'll collab- I ran a sims 3 comp once, and am currently working on my first sims 4 modelling competition, so I'd say I'm average at judging. I can also make banners/poses for rewards if you want a prize for them to grab. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    I'd love to collab and help as well! I helped judge a few Sims 3 competitions, but mainly what I can bring to the table is my PS skills and knowledge of editing and manipulating photos as I'm a graphic designer IRL. Either way I already have some fantastic ideas I could give to you.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • Options
    @themysticalpoet @kittenoxide awesome! We would love more input :) I will add both of you to our current brainstorming conversation. Real quick to get you both up to speed... @AngiesSmith has started a blog to organise and archive entries. All collab partners will be featured on there with a profile telling a bit about themselves. So be prepared to have a simself pic and a little bit about you :)
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    Does it have to be an irl (sim based off of us irl) simself, or just our preferred sim?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Does it have to be an irl (sim based off of us irl) simself, or just our preferred sim?

Missed this.

It can be your simself or an alter-ego simself, just a sim profile that represents you somewhat, so people can get to know each judge a bit.
  • Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I'd be interested in participating as a contestant!
  • Options
    dafadolly wrote: »
    I'd be interested in participating as a contestant!

Great! I'll add you to the list. As of now, we are fine tuning things, but should be up and going before we know it :)
  • Options
    Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Jellysimwich I would definitely be intrested as a collaborative partner :smiley:
    QA8gxZg.png
  • Options
    Ash89 wrote: »
    @Jellysimwich I would definitely be intrested as a collaborative partner :smiley:

Added :)