Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed, we can't work as chefs :/ meh

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    We need to wait for clarification on this. BUT, even if this is the case I am still thrilled with this pack. What I've seen I like.

I'm actually feeling the same way now. We have restaurants, which is what I've been wanting since it's been leaked.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    mookie1981 wrote: »
    Well what was the point of them telling the simmers to get their cooking skills leveled up. I got my sims leveled up in cooking, baking and mixology for nothing. Oh well.

Either to be funny or for those new "experimental" dishes for our sims to make
    1FKDfKj.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I think some people are overreacting. It was clear from the beginning that the focus of this pack was the dining experience as a customer (a la Nightlife). And I'm happy with that. Thy have also included the business let. Cool.

As for the chef thing: it's still not clear whether our sims will be able to man the cooking station (I would be very surprised if they couldn't). However this pack will not open up the chef career and the fact that your sim mans the cooking station will not make them an official "chef" (with promotions, etc). I don't think anyone was expecting this pack to open up make cooking an active career (and if they were, they set themselves for disappointment because it was clear this was not what the pack was going to be about).

Whaaa?? No... When was that ever clear? If anything, people were confident that there would be a balance. Especially after the leaked tweet that confirmed we could own a restaurant.
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Another illusionary pack... like all the other's of The sims 4 after all :confused:
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2016
    Aine wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The way I would want to play a restaurant is to have one of my sims own and run the restaurant, and when I play another sim I can take them there and see my first sim run the restaurant with the same sims as employees that I hired as that sim. It's not asking for much. Just a little freaking consistency. I'd like to assign my own sim to whatever role I want, and switch it at any time, and have any other employees and family members assigned to any other roles. Again, not asking much here.

Yeah, it's called OFB in TS2. I want to know the game won't explode if it remembers my Sim should be the one at the restaurant and his/her employees when I send my other Sims there to eat.
    Gawd I miss OFB SO much, and Sims 2 in general. If I could get my Sims 2 to not crash on me, I'd go back to that in a woosh.

I love Ts2 but running a profitable restaurants in Ts2 is nearly impossible. Not everything was perfect in Ts2 either. It took a while for customers to decide to eat, be seated, and be given their food/pay for it. All that process only gave $10-$75 (because non played sims never ate at restaurant in groups). That's why I never bothered running a restaurant in Ts2...
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2016
    Nah, I'm going to wait for a clarification before I get disappointed. I don't know if the SimGuru means it's not an active career or we can't cook at all at the restaurant, so I'm going to wait for the clarification. All this doom and gloom is currently unnecessary until then.
  • lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Whaaa?? No... When was that ever clear? If anything, people were confident that there would be a balance. Especially after the leaked tweet that confirmed we could own a restaurant.

Agreed. Even in that "no" statement they made sure to emphasize that we were able to own different restaurants. It's clear that the actual owning part is going to be a huge section of the game.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Money
  • TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    That's so sad... but we need clarification first from the SimGurus ^_^
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    The answer isn't clear. Maybe we can work as chef and manage it but not just been hireed as a chef (meaning, we have to manage, not another sims not in our familly)
  • JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    and I've been leveling cooking on two of my Sims all week, very disappointing.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2016
    The way I would want to play a restaurant is to have one of my sims own and run the restaurant, and when I play another sim I can take them there and see my first sim run the restaurant with the same sims as employees that I hired as that sim. It's not asking for much. Just a little freaking consistency. I'd like to assign my own sim to whatever role I want, and switch it at any time, and have any other employees and family members assigned to any other roles. Again, not asking much here.

Yeah, it's called OFB in TS2. I want to know the game won't explode if it remembers my Sim should be the one at the restaurant and his/her employees when I send my other Sims there to eat.
    Gawd I miss OFB SO much, and Sims 2 in general. If I could get my Sims 2 to not crash on me, I'd go back to that in a woosh.

I love Ts2 but running a profitable restaurants in Ts2 is nearly impossible. Not everything was perfect in Ts2 either. It took a while for customers to decide to eat, be seated, and be given their food/pay for it. All that process only gave $10-$75 (because non played sims never ate at restaurant in groups). That's why I never bothered running a restaurant in Ts2...
    I dunno, I never had that much problem with it, but then I only always tried running a restaurant when my sim already had some money - it's pretty much impossible to start with a restaurant with no money or perks, but once my sim had a couple of profitable community lots, it was fine albeit hard work. ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    OP can you edit the thread title? We can't work as chefs as an active career but we still don't know if that means we can't cook in the restaurants yet.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Kinda like real life, eh? I see nothing wrong with this. I don't always play for profit. Sometimes I play for the experience. Always striving to be a millionaire can get boring and repetitive. I've had the most fun playing sims that had to struggle to get by.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    mookie1981 wrote: »
    Well what was the point of them telling the simmers to get their cooking skills leveled up. I got my sims leveled up in cooking, baking and mixology for nothing. Oh well.

Probebly so they can cook the new recipes at home.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I don't need my Sims to be chefs to thoroughly enjoy this pack. I can understand the disappointment but it's obvious the GP team has put a lot of effort into this pack.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Management. It might be related to how it has to be non active sims who fill slots at community lots?
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I have a question for those that played restaurants back in Sims2 days.

What happened when someone came in and wanted something above the sims cooking level?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

What happened when someone came in and wanted something above the sims cooking level?
    When you assigned the menu only the level of cooking they were qualified for was available. If you wanted the level 10 dishes, you had to have a chef that did those dishes, iirc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016

I don't think those sims would pass beyond the podium, they would just get mad and go away. You see costumers in TS2 first would check out the menu before deciding to sit. And then they would order.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Well, we can't have everything.
  • lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2016

The food would be burned.. i am surprised that no one has linked this but you can the functions of the sims 2 restaurant here! It's very detailed.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Restaurant
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I don't think those sims would pass beyond the podium, they would just get mad and go away. You see costumers in TS2 first would check out the menu before deciding to sit. And then they would order.

Ok. Even though I played Sims2 back in the day, I never ran a restaurant, so I never knew how that worked.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Of course there had to be a catch. I don't see the fun of owning a restaurant if we can't do anything but sit there and watch our employees do all the work. I mean, it might sound good in real life but not on a game. If I own a restaurant, I want to be able to experience it, at least put my sims' cooking skills to good use. The last thing I want is to go from table to table asking how the food was or thanking people for coming. Which seems to be all you can do as a manager? That would be super boring. Hopefully this will be confirmed soon.