Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed, we can't work as chefs :/ meh

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    That's disappointing... So the only job available to us is the manager? Kind of feels the same as retail in get to work...
    I'd expect them to implement more jobs because the pack is centered around restaurants. Restaurants are the main focus of the pack and they've spent a pretty long time making it. So what's the deal with not giving us more jobs?

I just want to make a quick comparison of this game pack to the retail component of get to work.
    1. We can own a store=we can own a restaurant
    2. We can manage our store and employees = we can manage our restaurant and employees.
    What's the difference??? How is this pack better? What makes it special?

THIS^
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    That's disappointing... So the only job available to us is the manager? Kind of feels the same as retail in get to work...
    I'd expect them to implement more jobs because the pack is centered around restaurants. Restaurants are the main focus of the pack and they've spent a pretty long time making it. So what's the deal with not giving us more jobs?

I just want to make a quick comparison of this game pack to the retail component of get to work.
    1. We can own a store=we can own a restaurant
    2. We can manage our store and employees = we can manage our restaurant and employees.
    What's the difference??? How is this pack better? What makes it special?

Literally the only thing I can think of gameplay wise is that sims actually sit down and stay. But with musical chairs even that might be a chore.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Lame.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought if you were the chef you would be mixing different things (I thought that might be the fun of owning one other than hiring and firing) to make new dishes, then try them out on customers. >:) Guess I can scratch that idea.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Can you assign jobs to family members like we can in retail? Then, our chef sim could work, the clumsy sim could bus and the rest of the family could fill in.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2016
    dafadolly wrote: »
    I don't understand where this screenshot is from. Can you link where that comment was made so I can see it for myself?

It's from the Sims facebook page, here is the link to the specific post where those replies are at, you have to read through to find them.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    dafadolly wrote: »
    I don't understand where this screenshot is from. Can you link where that comment was made so I can see it for myself?

It's from the official sims facebook page. The comment can be find under the "Hungry? Get ready to dig in!" status.
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Zerbu just tweeted that he maybe mod this in, depending of how the whole system is coded.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    .. oh, well. That's disappointing if it's correct. :( I really want to be able to chef it up!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hey guys SimsVIP has a post about a patch? There is a patch today?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Zerbu just tweeted that he maybe mod this in, depending of how the whole system is coded.

He already made all the careers active before (Turbo Careers) so hopefully he can do this :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I really don't get why we can't just... do all the new things in this pack by ourselves? It was possible back in TS2 Open For Business (you could easily assign your sim to be the chef or anything else), and the ability to own and work in a restaurant was only a part of the pack, as opposed to a whole pack solely about restaurants...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Haven't we learned by now that all sims trailers are fake and scripted. Just look at the Get To work trailers; they hyped the game up, but the actual game was a major disappointment (at least for me it was).

It's obvious I keep banging my head against the wall but don't seem to get the message. Argh, this is so disappointing. I was hoping one household could work the restaurant. That's how I like to play or a few good employees and my Sim doing the important stuff. Like cook.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    edited May 2016
    Are you kidding us? After all these waitings?! Very unrespectable from you :| meh:/ won't buy it
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can buy (or Build) a restaurant and hire all the staff to run it and you manage it, but some (including myself) wanted to be the chef and cook for the customers. If we can't, maybe they could create a way for our sim to do a tableside service for one table and not the whole restaurant.