Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out Screenshots

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    They say that we can't be chefs in the game. I'm assuming that is only for places that a player-controlled sim doesn't own.

They're saying there isn't a chef active career, you can still be a chef.
    That's what I meant in my comment. They say that a player-controlled sim can't work as a chef. But I'm thinking that they can still cook on the stove at the restaurants that they own. Hence that they can still be a chef, but won't be able to get paid for it.
    If that is the case I would be fine with it. As long as I have the option to be the chef and cook food for the customers, I don't care if its career or not.
    I think that we can because most of us knows by now that sims can cook things, and set them out so that the customers can eat at a bakery, thanks to GTW. The only thing about that is that our sims won't get payed for doing that, just like they don't in GTW.

• dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Actually I've been trying to get the Ultimate Collection, but EA's so called customer service....I haven't been able to get into contact with anyone.
    Aww keep trying. EA live chat works pretty well that you can do through the computer. It is usually a 5-30 min wait.

How about 3 days?

Late to this comment but I've been experiencing the exact same thing! I've gone back to my case countless times these past weeks and each time I'm left waiting for hours. It never connects me to anyone. It just sits there loading for so long that I give up :(
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    dafadolly wrote: »

Actually I've been trying to get the Ultimate Collection, but EA's so called customer service....I haven't been able to get into contact with anyone.
    Aww keep trying. EA live chat works pretty well that you can do through the computer. It is usually a 5-30 min wait.

How about 3 days?

Late to this comment but I've been experiencing the exact same thing! I've gone back to my case countless times these past weeks and each time I'm left waiting for hours. It never connects me to anyone. It just sits there loading for so long that I give up :(

If you're trying to get Sims 2 they don't have anymore codes. :( I finally did the call me option and was able to talk to someone, who sounded bored on the phone by the way.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Sigzy05 @Scobre If I do get the pack, how easy is it to get started with restaurants in the game?
    It's pretty easy and yeah like said above, all you need is the funds. I don't think SimStaffBethelle could help since her main job is modding the forums. SimGuruDrake works with the Sims 4 community and Bejeweled community, so she might be able to help or know someone to help. She's just a cool person to know in general.

Bummer about not being able to be a chef at the restaurant. :(

Yea, but the thing is you CAN be a chef. It just won't be active.
    Oh well that's ok. More freedom that way. Aww nice seeing SimGuruMeatball leave a comment too.

Ohhhhh. Maybe that was @SimGuruMeatball 's parting gift. *sniff* :( poor teddy

(fixed formatting, in case he gets notifications from here ever)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Could be. I was thinking it was Tragic Clown. Maybe he had more than one parting gift. It was bittersweet.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Sigzy05 @Scobre If I do get the pack, how easy is it to get started with restaurants in the game?
    It's pretty easy and yeah like said above, all you need is the funds. I don't think SimStaffBethelle could help since her main job is modding the forums. SimGuruDrake works with the Sims 4 community and Bejeweled community, so she might be able to help or know someone to help. She's just a cool person to know in general.

Bummer about not being able to be a chef at the restaurant. :(

Yea, but the thing is you CAN be a chef. It just won't be active.
    Oh well that's ok. More freedom that way. Aww nice seeing SimGuruMeatball leave a comment too.

(fixed formatting, in case he gets notifications from here ever)

Her name is SimGuruPizza? Freaking awesome haha.

Huh, yeah they could have replaced SimGuruMeatball with SimGuruPizza, just so there was a food related Guru around. There has to be someone with a name to keep the Gurus hungry. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2016
    Now that looks fun, cant wait to see some gameplays drop..dont disappoint me now ea.
    giphy.gif

Huh, yeah they could have replaced SimGuruMeatball with SimGuruPizza, just so there was a food related Guru around. There has to be someone with a name to keep the Gurus hungry. ;)

If I was a Guru, I'd be SimGuruCheese B)

If I was a Guru, I'd be SimGuruCheese B)
    Well there was a SimGuruGrilledCheese account. https://twitter.com/SimguruGrilledC

Anyway sorry for going OT, but here is an article with more pictures too: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/sims-4-dine-out-trailer-whats-restaurant-game-pack-every-feature-revealed-so-far-534668
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Screenshot_88.png
    This guy is talking to the guests like a manager would, and he's a playable character. So new manager position?

Have you even played TS2 restaurants? When you own the restaurant you can be any position you want, chef, waiter, host or just nothing (manager).

No, I haven't.... :/:|

That s the manager
    Screenshot_88.png
    This guy is talking to the guests like a manager would, and he's a playable character. So new manager position?

Have you even played TS2 restaurants? When you own the restaurant you can be any position you want, chef, waiter, host or just nothing (manager).

That s the manager

What you talking bout?

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Screenshot_88.png

That s the manager

What you talking bout?

I feel like that's the owner/manager.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Screenshot_88.png

That s the manager

What you talking bout?

I feel like that's the owner/manager.

It is the manager...I'm so confused.

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    TS4_648_GP03_SCREENS_03_001.jpg

Looks like we'll be able to order our Sim's drinks for the first time, and there will be new chat pictures for the GP.

Additionally, our Sims will actually pay for their food, rather than money just poofing out of their inventory.

hLH4gCF.png

Do you know what restaurants in real life have that type of vest?

iHop and Denny's restaurant here in Chicago.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Did anyone notice the screenshot with the nautical decor?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    I did! ;)

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »

Thank you for pointing those out. I even missed the painting of a ship. Those are going in my Blue Whale pub. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Has no one noticed the shadows are coming through the windows now?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Astro wrote: »

I did.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Not until a guru said we missed something special. :p Finally! Sunshine in my house! I hope this means vampires burn when they cross the floor. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The pack looks okay but I want to see some gameplay before I buy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

I did.
    I did as well!

• Angelini55Angelini55 Posts: 64 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    All I see is wine and I'm happy.

This is how I feel about life in general
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am so happy right now. :p 3 weeks!