Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The SHOT - The Next Photographer - Season 1 APPLY NOW!!

AshLennAshLenn Posts: 483 Member
4l3m8l.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to the SHOT. This is a contest I have hosted on another forum for Sims 2 a few years back, it ran for 5 successful seasons so I thought I would bring in back here! Although I have hosted before I am a little rusty so bare with me!

2qci5j7.png
The Shot was a reality television show created by Nigel Barker and produced by VH1 back in 2007. For this competition you will enter an aspiring photographer and compete through a series of challenges and in the end only one will have 'the Shot'.

This is how the challenges will work: Since this isn't your typical modeling completion, you may be asked to shoot various subjects such as sims/models, clothing/accessories, landscape, objects, and maybe even some celebrities, so your photo needs to be taken from a photographer's point of view or be in the photo taking the picture of subject they are shooting, which ever is specified. Each round there will be a different challenge focusing on different aspects of photography, i.e. angles, rule of thirds, lighting etc. So if the challenge is rule of thirds, you may be asked to shoot a clothing ad focusing on the 'rule of thirds'. The idea of this contest is to focus on single subject such as sim shoes, purses, or clothing and capture it in an artist and creative way, just as a photographer would.

There will be an elimination after every challenge based off of the scores you receive from the judges. You will be scored on creativity and following directions correctly, not on editing skill level.

HERE ARE THE RULES-
  • First off no negativity and you must respect the rules of the forum.
  • Copying or stealing images is completely prohibited.
  • No face-plastering.
  • Sims maybe male or female.
  • Editing is highly recommended, but not necessarily required.
  • Your sim you enter must be present in some way in the the photo you turn in and taking the picture.
  • Rounds will run for 7 days.
  • One-two day extensions are allowed if asked for 24 hours in advance.
  • Failure to turn in a photo before the deadline will result in automatic elimination.

oszoqu.png
PHOTOGRAPHER SIGNUP-
  • Photographer Name (first & last):
  • Username:
  • Headshot:
  • Bodyshot:

*Please make sure your head&body shot are on a white or transparent background!

1. reserved - @picklesthecat114
2. reserved - @abelhinha35
3. reserved - @Zita1966z
4. reserved - @KatNip

245dpuf.png
Please reserve if you would like to judge

Russell James - @AshLenn
21ers7a.png
Zanna Roberts - ?
2zp84yg.png
Italo Gregorio - ?
2z6awbk.png
5ceapok.png
Post edited by AshLenn on

Comments

• AshLennAshLenn Posts: 483 Member
    edited May 2016
    xbn1b9.png

Just so everyone has a better idea on how the challenges will work I'm going to go ahead and post the first challenge. This challenge will not be due until a week after the contest has started.

2u9pwqs.png

a couple things I will add, shoes must be in sim shoes or drawn, do not cut and paste off the internet, and the brand of your shoe ad can anything from Gucci to Sketchers, you pick.
    also feel free to use any sim/model you like but keep in mind this is a waist down shot.

Here are some exapmles to get you started:
    Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4
    Post edited by AshLenn on
    5ceapok.png
    edited May 2016
    14vrcdx.png

Photos will be displayed here.
    5ceapok.png
    edited May 2016
    208ek37.png

Judging and scores will be displayed here.
    5ceapok.png
    reserve
    5ceapok.png
    APPS NOW OPEN! Hope some of you are interested :)

@alexis3142 @bilalsaid @bobskellington @chealsycat @dollarbill88 @esharpmajor @flubber32c4 @GuruFanNo1 @ironknight35 @LemmyLouch @LeslieM25 @MizoreYukii @MaggiSimmer @megsteroo @Ojenn @PoppieGirl @Pebblycat @picklesthecat114 @pammiechick @porkipine @Rivendellstar @SakuraLeon @themysticalpoet @vampiirre @Vanderetro @YJB19299 @Ash89 @Meeshelby @LilacErin @lialia54 @Rivers @Gemmabubbles @ilovebunnys65 @Nataria @JenLadyBird88 @lovejess2 @joanb615 @panthergirl2 @Penguinwa101 @PeaceSign101 @xcheekyangelx @HannaHasSims @Kelebek @psykt @SimmerSparklezzz @MarkHarris17 @4maddieblue @ColorMePink @BeechNutBaby @xJojox @MissBirdie @InaMac69 @Eliavah @Spookshow @JoeJoe11 @Sims3fan1986 @Sims3ambitions @Lorchies @InaMac69 @pigletpooh1 @fabtiffsim @Rorygilmore34 @xProudxHufflepuffx @Maladi777 @Zita1966z @Pebblycat @Hannie @Chaos_Fairy @dafadolly @taigoesrawr @KatNip @JennaKatz
    5ceapok.png
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Omg this sounds awesome! I promised myself that I would not enter any more challenges for a while because I am so flipping burnt out lol....but this is SOOOO tempting!!!! I'll lurk for now...
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Please can I reserve a slot :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    I am a little confused,but I think with time,it might make a little sense...I'll see if I will join.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    This does sound totally different and I am also not sure how its going to work, but I am intrigued. Please reserve me a slot.
    I know I'm really bad at explaining things so if you have questions feel free to ask!

I'll post some example photos/challenges so everyone can have a better idea! @Kelebek
    5ceapok.png
    edited May 2016
    Awesome, can't wait to hear more. :)
    ok I updated the intro and went ahead and posted the first challenge so hopefully that will help clear things up for anyone that is confused! Also feel free to ask questions!
    5ceapok.png
    Thanks @AshLenn, great explanation and examples. :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Thanks for the invite. I'm in, reserve me :)
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Thanks for the invite! This is for Sims 3, right?
    Either way, reserve a spot for me! :blush:
    The list has been updated ;)
    5ceapok.png
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    I was going start a comp like this with the same name! I'm glad I didn't. I'm actually tempted to join this one, because of that. :smiley:

Hmmm...I'll think about it. ;)
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I was going start a comp like this with the same name! I'm glad I didn't. I'm actually tempted to join this one, because of that. :smiley:

Hmmm...I'll think about it. ;)

Just say yes <3 xD
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
    Really!? Great minds think alike! I would love it if you did! @ColorMePink

Well I'm hoping to get at least 8 people to join! Sorry I haven't been very active I've been out of town! So with that being said..

*bump!
    5ceapok.png