Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 is the best selling PC game of 2015!

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
http://essentialfacts.theesa.com/Essential-Facts-2016.pdf

The Sims 4 topped the list of best selling PC's game of 2015, just ahead of Fallout 4, and also in front of major release Grant Theft Auto V.
It was the best selling PC game of 2014 as well.

In comparison, The Sims 3 had dropped to #3 in it's second year. Seems those two thirds it grew by were quite substantial.
It's also awesome The Sims 4 is having longevity, rather than selling heaps early on and fizzling out.

Hopefully EA can push out some more content, so that it can hold it for a third year.

:)

Comments

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Oh wow! the question is, will they be able to hold that position for 2016? :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Finbar659 wrote: »
    Oh wow! the question is, will they be able to hold that position for 2016? :)

Not if the content doesn't get a major push soon. They would need at least two Game Packs and two Expansions to make it happen again.
    If they release one of the big 3 (Generations, Seasons or Pets) I could see it happening.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    That was a very interesting read. My age group only makes up 18% of all gamers, and I've always wondered if it's because when you hit 36 or so society has told us in the past "You're too old to play games!"?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Wow, i'm pleasantly surprised. But Maxis is going to have to push their A game if they want it to stand in the top spot again with BF1 and Civilization VI launching in October.
  • PSIPSI Posts: 55 Member
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > What surprises me is that there are four listings for TS3 EPs and TS4 is all alone with the base game.

It's not, GTW is Number 4.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    PSI wrote: »
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > What surprises me is that there are four listings for TS3 EPs and TS4 is all alone with the base game.

It's not, GTW is Number 4.

Oops you're right I missed that. I also just noticed that the TS3 starter pack in number 3.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    What surprises me is that there are four listings for TS3 EPs and TS4 is all alone with the base game.

Get To Work is up there as well. And that's normal. The Sims 2 games were still there when The Sims 3 was out also.
    People are buying because they are all cheap.

If you are worried though, Get To Work launched higher on the chart than WA/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Pets/Showtime/Supernatural/Pets/Seasons/Island Paradise/Into The Future all did.

The only EP that debuted higher than Get To Work was University Life. And Get Together only had 3 weeks on sale. It should be there next year :)
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Lol even SimCity 2013 is on that list.
    @Rflong7 wrote: »
    Woot~ The money is being made for TS5! I am so happy.

I guess if there are enough Sales of the game at half off there will be enough sales to boost it to #1.

I know what you're trying to do, but the game was on sale 4 times in 2015. The Sims 3 already had a permanent price drop by $20 at this point, and EA bundled the base game + Ambitions for $50, cheaper than what The Sims 4 is now base game only.

jackjack_k wrote: »
    What surprises me is that there are four listings for TS3 EPs and TS4 is all alone with the base game.

Get To Work is up there as well. And that's normal. The Sims 2 games were still there when The Sims 3 was out also.

If you are worried though, Get To Work launched higher on the chart than WA/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Pets/Showtime/Supernatural/Pets/Seasons/Island Paradise/Into The Future all did.

The only EP that debuted higher than Get To Work was University Life. And Get Together only had 3 weeks on sale. It should be there next year :)

I'm not worried. I know how I feel about my games and I don't need a list to tell me if it's popular or not. All I need to know is how I feel about it.

You seem worried that The Sims 4 was by itself, I've come to the rescue to let you know whats up.
    As for how you feel about the game, I never brought that up. Seems someones on edge :p

I guess if there are enough Sales of the game at half off there will be enough sales to boost it to #1.

I know what you're trying to do, but the game was on sale 4 times in 2015. The Sims 3 already had a permanent price drop by $20 at this point, and EA bundled the base game + Ambitions for $50, cheaper than what The Sims 4 is now base game only.

:lol: Trying? What I said is true.

You're implying the game only sells when it's on sale, but if that were the case EA would have reduced the price by now permanently, like they did with The Sims 3. That's all.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I didn't expect sims 4 to get that title at all to be honest. I keep thinking it might get better but I don't think I should buy anything else
    Lol even SimCity 2013 is on that list.

Yeah, cos EA sold the SimCity base game + EP + all DLC for $10 and on sale I got it for 70% off on Origin. When a game flops that hard, it gets reduced real quick. People only wanted it when it was next to nothing I guess xD Oh well, I got SimCity for $3. Score.
    I didn't expect sims 4 to get that title at all to be honest. I keep thinking it might get better but I don't think I should buy anything else

We all have different tastes :) But at least the game is appealing to certain audiences, so we know The Sims 5 is around the corner, so those who want a different Sims game have a chance at getting it xD
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Hahahaha....TS3 EP's are still at 40 euros and the starter pack is about 60 as well still.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

:lol: Trying? What I said is true.

You're implying the game only sells when it's on sale, but if that were the case EA would have reduced the price by now permanently, like they did with The Sims 3. That's all.

Why would they reduce it permently? It wouldn't be a "SALE" if it were permanent. You see, marketing works in that they keep the price High so that when a Sale hits it is seen as being so Good it must be bought. If it were always low then there would be no "SALES!"

Lol! Get it? You understand?

But if a product doesn't sell at full price, they reduce it. Which is why SimCity + All DLC became $20 at the end of 2013.
    If a product sells at full price, they don't reduce except when there is a sale. Of course EA will sell a bit more when a sale is on, but if they are meeting targets selling at full price they won't reduce the price. If they fail targets, they will of course, start to reduce it.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    These are good news. Also it's good that the source is an independent market intelligence firm :)
    edited May 2016
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

Hahahaha....TS3 EP's are still at 40 euros and the starter pack is about 60 as well still.

Link? Origin says different. Like majorly different.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top