Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomous love affairs boring

There's something that bothers me a lot, do not know if it bothers the other players. In my game I have more than one household and when I'm playing on a, the other is being controlled by the game itself, even disabling the progression of the game. When I return to another household, usually one of the Sims married or even both have romantic relationships with other Sims. Remember that none of my sims have romantic trait and aspiration for romance. It makes me upset because I do not like to create love affairs. And I believe that the game programming should stop with love affairs with Sims who are married and have a good relationship with your spouse.

Perhaps increasing the chance of rejection of the romantic overtures of other sims. Or eliminating the romantic actions as flirtatious presentation, autonomous of own married sims.

110520161327.jpg
34xicg8.jpg
Family Carvalho Branco.
See my idea!

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    No idea how this is still a thing when nearly everyone (from what I've seen) dislikes it. Not to mention it seems to affect married sims more than single ones. If they wanna give out random friendships fine, but this is plum. Wouldn't be surprised if this is also a "feature" or "working as intended".
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, this is a horrible design flaw.

How could I possibly rule in a game that is constantly deciding things for me, and nudging me in its own direction??
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I don't like it one bit. Worst part of it is when I play a household and then see my Sims from other households out on random dates, when I know perfectly well that both of them are in a relationship / engaged / married to other sims :( I know they are in love with their partners, so why are they out (in public no less) on dates? Maybe they are just hanging out, but I do see them flirt so...

I WANT TO RULE MY GAME! Sorry for shouting.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2016
    Just another things which shows that they design the game only with young teens in mind as their target and don't listen to the forum.

Edit: Just to make my opinion more clear: 13 yrs old simmers could maybe think that such autonomous created love affairs are funny. But I don't believe that any adult simmers will be able to see the fun ;)
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • PdrHnrqPlay1PdrHnrqPlay1 Posts: 92 Member
    Glad to see so many players as I do not like this random system. This is ridiculous. I believe that if they wanted the producers could modify it, just as they did jealous and to the death reaction...
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The same thing happens with friendships and dislikes when you're rotating. Often those bother me even more - friendships between children and adults who aren't even neighbours, Sims I made good and cheerful suddenly disliking people, Sims I made loners suddenly having friends all over the place.

From what I understand from modders who've looked at the mechanism, the game takes some of the times that Sims are meeting in the background and puts those relationships straight to 40%, not the little tick up that it would get if we were playing those Sims.

I don't have an issue with this being done to unplayed Sims. I can see how it creates more variety in the way Sims interact in the background around my Sims. But I have a big issue with it being done to my played Sims. And I find it particularly upsetting that these new relationships get created even while other, lower-level ones get stripped out by relationship culling.

SimGuruDrake said the other day that relationship culling is working as designed (which only means that it's not buggy) but then something along the lines of feedback welcomed, etc., suggesting, I think, that they might revisit the system the way they have culling in the past. I hope the same is true of the relationship creation.

So far, the only tools modders even have for it are cudgels - stop all autonomous flirting is one, and another is to stop all the 40% relationship creation, even for unplayed Sims - but the first solves only sweetheart-creation, not other relationships and means that other Sims won't autonomously flirt with my active Sim, and the second is only a beta mod that seems, as far as I can tell, to be abandoned. I'd like to see a more appropriate fix for the issue from the devs, one that respects my rotational gameplay.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I totally Agree with Everyone here, I can not stand it when My sims go to another Sim they should not be going to and kiss them and such, I am like omg, makes me want to slap them in the face, or kill them off in My game, cause I want My sims to be faithful like they should be, also makes Me wonder if the member's of the team who put this together is the same way, and that is why they added this lousy reaction?
    edited May 2016
    @luthienrising
    It seems that the game is not making a difference of traits of the sims. If are sims, "system of autonomous relationships" incline to do what is programmed.

@BlueBlack007
    I do not remember if this problem of autonomous love affairs emerged after the expansion get together. But should probably have something to related, I guess.
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    (...)
    I do not remember if this problem of autonomous love affairs emerged after the expansion get together. But should probably have something to related, I guess.

It’s always been in the game, since its release, for all I remember it was one of the main reasons for why I stopped playing in September 2014. After almost 2 years it still isn’t changed, and I’m not sure if it will ever be. As I said before, it’s just sad.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
    edited May 2016
    Ohh, true, I had forgotten what you said. So tragic.

What a thing! If it's something that big, because they do not repaired? :(
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
    @luthienrising
    It seems that the game is not making a difference of traits of the sims. If are sims, "system of autonomous relationships" incline to do what is programmed.

@BlueBlack007

Yes it started for Me , after the Get Together came out, so makes Me wonder if they did it on purpose.
    Weird. Voeille said that his game is this problem since its launch. In my game happened a few months now, but I can not tell accuracy, but I believe it is already over six months.
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
    Weird. Voeille said that his game is this problem since its launch. In my game happened a few months now, but I can not tell accuracy, but I believe it is already over six months.

Yup seems it started at different times for different people, so that is why I am not sure why it happened as well.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Yup seems it started at different times for different people, so that is why I am not sure why it happened as well.

I think they bumped the system way up in frequency in a patch just before GT, and added the friendships and dislikes at that time. I'd never had it in my game before then either, and that's with a *lot* of gameplay time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

I think they bumped the system way up in frequency in a patch just before GT, and added the friendships and dislikes at that time. I'd never had it in my game before then either, and that's with a *lot* of gameplay time.

Yup sounds like the same problem bout the same time , I just do not like that I can not control what My sims are doing, and for My sims to have their babies when I am not around , only to have to get rid of them and start over cause can not change the dang name they got, does not sit well with me either, makes Me sad that I have to get rid of a baby sim cause of the mess up.
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I'm so glad I ducked out when I did. I would probably be a lot worse on these forums if I created my faithful sim couples and their families from the previous games and put it into this one; especially, if I created the very first sims I made back when I was first introduced to this franchise. "Livid" would be an understatement. I know that not every marriage in real life is not perfect (this game is not based on real life) and some are faced with infidelity, but I REFUSE to have someone program my sims, my treasured creations, into trashed-up characters from some outrageous drama or ridiculous reality tv show (which this game is based off of a reality tv show or drama; don't remember, don't care). It's okay if you like that sort of chaos in your game, I have it in my game (a different one) too but not for every single one of my families. Most of my couples last until they part ways when death comes (then, once they both die, they can complain together and spook their children and grandchildren in the afterlife :D ). It's not in my sims personalities to cheat unless I say so! Surely, there should be some type of consciousness for these sims, right? Surely, TS4 sims really do love their spouses, right? Surely, they're not robotic??? Is this why sims don't have wedding rings, so they can be the "player" they want to be?

I control my sims in the way that satisfy my needs, wants, and desires. I rule. I control their lives. I decide if fidelity or infidelity should happen. I want a good majority to remain faithfully married and to have most, if not all of the kids, follow suit. What happens if I created my parents or grandparents, who are/were married and placed them into this game? Then, all of a sudden, the game makes MY FAMILY out to be homewreckers. How DARE YOU!!! How insulting!!! I should be able to freely create my family in this game WITHOUT seeing my mom, dad, grandma, granddad, and my grandparents' late spouses without...omg. I see why some players are mad, livid, disgusted. Some player out here probably have created their beloved one's and..omg. This is inexcusable-disgustingly; atrocious; vomit inducing. Fix it. *goes crazy with maniacally laughter.* Inexcusable.
    2750512.gif~c200

PandaORose wrote: »
    I'm so glad I ducked out when I did. I would probably be a lot worse on these forums if I created my faithful sim couples and their families from the previous games and put it into this one; especially, if I created the very first sims I made back when I was first introduced to this franchise. "Livid" would be an understatement. I know that not every marriage in real life is not perfect (this game is not based on real life) and some are faced with infidelity, but I REFUSE to have someone program my sims, my treasured creations, into trashed-up characters from some outrageous drama or ridiculous reality tv show (which this game is based off of a reality tv show or drama; don't remember, don't care). It's okay if you like that sort of chaos in your game, I have it in my game (a different one) too but not for every single one of my families. Most of my couples last until they part ways when death comes (then, once they both die, they can complain together and spook their children and grandchildren in the afterlife :D ). It's not in my sims personalities to cheat unless I say so! Surely, there should be some type of consciousness for these sims, right? Surely, TS4 sims really do love their spouses, right? Surely, they're not robotic??? Is this why sims don't have wedding rings, so they can be the "player" they want to be?

I control my sims in the way that satisfy my needs, wants, and desires. I rule. I control their lives. I decide if fidelity or infidelity should happen. I want a good majority to remain faithfully married and to have most, if not all of the kids, follow suit. What happens if I created my parents or grandparents, who are/were married and placed them into this game? Then, all of a sudden, the game makes MY FAMILY out to be homewreckers. How DARE YOU!!! How insulting!!! I should be able to freely create my family in this game WITHOUT seeing my mom, dad, grandma, granddad, and my grandparents' late spouses without...omg. I see why some players are mad, livid, disgusted. Some player out here probably have created their beloved one's and..omg. This is inexcusable-disgustingly; atrocious; vomit inducing. Fix it. *goes crazy with maniacally laughter.* Inexcusable.

Gives HUGE Hugs!!, Thank you so much for your post, cause this is Exactly how I play My families, I do not use them to cheat on their Spouses and such, cause I believe in Forever for My couples. so thanks again, glad I am not the only one who feels this way about their Sim Families, much appreciated.
    edited May 2016
    @PandaORose
    So I also like to play with my households and let them faithful to each other. The biggest problem is these autonomous relations that spoil the course of the game that I want to do. It has happened once with wife of son's the my Sim get irritated because of "treason."

Ahh, The Sims 4 may not have alliance, but I put a ring that represents a the alliance on my sims. :3
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's bad when the game hooks up your Sim (on rotation) with any ole townie. Worse when it started diving into my own Sims in all my households recently and hooked up those households, too. No, no, no. I didn't want Sam (my own Sim) in love 'love birds' with my Elizabeth. Talk about Story Progression ruining my Dark Shadows stories. So, now I can't send him to that house to visit because they will be making advances. See, I don't rule. It's bad enough with the townies, but now it's your own Sims in your households with each other when you aren't looking. :s

ETA: My Sim Sam in House A, My Sim Elizabeth in House B...hooked up by the game. Just no.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2016
    Very annoying that. So far it never happened two sims that are mine who live in different houses to develop these relationships.

But this is a matter of probability. Since the game creates these relationships randomly can happen this problem with anyone.
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The only way to fix this is to add story progression to the game and some options to to turn this off from happening. A good story progression similar to the mod in TS3 would most likely stop this. In that mod you could prevent married sims from hooking up with others.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    The only way to fix this is to add story progression to the game and some options to to turn this off from happening. A good story progression similar to the mod in TS3 would most likely stop this. In that mod you could prevent married sims from hooking up with others.
    Surely the way to fix it is just take out the bits in the program which force these relationships to be added?

I have stopped playing rotationally now. I do not rule my game. I am totally restricted and my creativity has been cut. I want that back.