Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get sims 2 store edition saved games to work in Ultimate Collection

shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
I recently switched from sims 2 double deluxe to Ultimate Collection. Now due to the store edition I can't play my saved neighborhood. Yes I tried and followed the instructions from http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/restore-sims-2-store-edition-in-ultimate-collection I spent over a year in a half building up and playing Pleasentview and now I am very disappointed because I can't play it. As I said I followed the instructions. I pulled the files from sims 2 fun with pets collection and put them in the place the link said to and I changed the names in the registry as directed, I did it manually. I tried opening the game and as the link said, it said I was running the wrong version. So after that I went and dragged and made a short cut on my desk with a new application as directed. From what I could tell I did everything right but then when I tried opening the game a popup came up saying that some files have been corrupted. I tried redoing the whole process and the same thing happened. After that I reversed the process and went back to what I had before I did any of this. Now the game works but I can't play my old saves. If I would have known about this I most likely would not have installed ultimate collection. It took 23 hours to install, so you see I am not sure if I want to uninstall it and go back to double deluxe. However I don't want to loose my saved neighborhood. Like I said I can't see what I did wrong but others have had success with getting their saves to work, so why is this fix corrupting my files?

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You should let the game generate a new Sims 2 folder and move it out of the EA games folder and place your old Sims 2 folder's files in the TS2 UC game folder after moving the other files out and copying the neighborhood folder.I've used the files out of my old Sims 2 folder with the neighborhoods folder generated in the new Sims 2 folder and added the files for the neighborhoods to that folder I wanted to load again.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    @TadOlson Thanks, I will try that!!
  • PinkseyPinksey Posts: 1 New Member
    i know this is super late lol but im wondering if this solution ever worked? or if you ever found a way to transfer your double deluxe saves to your ultimate edition. currently in the same boat and not sure how to do it
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Pinksey wrote: »
    i know this is super late lol but im wondering if this solution ever worked? or if you ever found a way to transfer your double deluxe saves to your ultimate edition. currently in the same boat and not sure how to do it

Yes that solution should work fine. Just download UC, start the game to get a full folder then just delete the contents (or just the neighborhoods if you were only interested in saves) and replace it with your old folders from double deluxe.
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Pinksey I never could get it to work. I had to start over and make a new game. It was very disappointing but I could not get it to work. I tried everything too. Sorry I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear. It's been quit awhile so you could create a new forum and see maybe someone figured it out. Best of luck to you.
    Post edited by shandra2183 on