Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storytown

ChandierChandier Posts: 104 Member
Storytown
Welcome to Storytown, where characters are pulled from the pages of books and put into the world of sims.

Faq:
1. What is Storytown? Storytown is a sims game I decided to play because when I am not working on my legacy games I tend to create random sims from some of my favourite books. I decided it would be fun to ‘clean out’ a town and add Story book characters to it and write a story about the different families.
2. Can we help pick the characters? YES! I will put up a voting section at the bottom of this post. Just check it to see if a vote is happening. If you want to vote just say who/which house you want to vote into the game. The only catch is they MUST be people from a book/story.
3. Is Storytown a challenge? No, it is not so far as I know a challenge of any sort. It’s just something I thought would be fun. There are no rules aside from one’s I choose to add into the ‘behind the scenes’. These are generally things that have to do with the characters from the books themselves. IE.. That character wouldn’t start a fight with someone in the book so in the game they won’t have an evil trait.
4. Are all the couples Cannon? No, some of them are and some of them are not.

**WARNING**
strong language
Adult situations

Current Vote
Which Family should join the world next?
A. Harry Potter
B. Outlander
C. Wheel of Time
Voting Ends 5/9/2016

This round of voting is over, stay tuned to meet...the family from Harry Potter. ;-)

Chapters
Riva
Bree
Bolton
14fcafd9-71de-4635-bdee-01614b7c5a6c_zps9rcmirvq.png
Post edited by Chandier on

Comments

• Options
    Riva
    96c1337e-cb6a-4171-b7aa-5084f372e003_zpsfajimq4i.png

Where do I start, well I guess the obvious. My name is Garion, some people call me Belgarion, but that’s really just for ceremony. I am the king of an Island called Riva, or at least I was a few hundred years ago. You see I’m a sorcerer a wizard. I have lived through age’s past and watched as everyone I knew passed on to the shadow world. Well, everyone but my wife C’nedra. She’s not even a human; she’s what they call a Dryad. We met a long time ago when I went on an adventure with who I thought was my aunt Polgara. Well she WAS my aunt Polgara just…many times removed. Her twin sister was my ultimate grandmother.

Enough rambling though, C’nedra and I decided a change was in order. Like I said, everyone we knew had died and the castle was falling to ruins…nobody lives in castles anymore. So C’nedra, my tree loving wife decided we needed to move to a place with more woods, or maybe it was more water. We took what gold the treasury had and off we went to this island. We purchased a nice little plot of land and had this house built. It’s a lot smaller than the castle was, but it’s a serviceable house.

5316267c-974d-4052-a133-a4f0cda8ceb9_zps4mv6qkjl.png

Our first order of business was to try and fit in, so we got jobs. C’nedra decided to be a Chef; I think aunt Pol’s constant cooking had rubbed off on my tiny wife. Ever since we moved she’s always cooking, and she’s hardly even burning the food anymore. I took a job as an athlete, a water boy. I suppose that means I’ll be bringing people drinks of cold water well they run…Hopefully that doesn’t last too long.

5468065b-c7b9-4bf4-ad65-dbb4db104020_zps9wtytrp0.png

We moved into a pretty quiet neighbourhood, C’nedra and I spent a lot of time at home. It was such a quiet place, and we really didn’t know very many people. Or maybe nobody else actually lived here; we didn’t really look into it. C’nedra decided to plant a small garden out front of the house, it helped to keep her busy she said, “I need to feel nature, dear” were her exact words.

71133454-6705-4f6e-abba-2aa3094d3177_zps6u6xxnei.png

Which was fine by me; don’t get me wrong, I love my wife. I just needed some time to myself sometimes. Especially now that I had one of those jobs. I needed to work on, well, working out. I needed to stay in shape if I ever wanted to be more than just a water boy.

a1987bd8-8717-4108-83a4-ab200f89e1e1_zps7cobbcmb.png

It wasn’t long before C’nedra took up doing Yoga, she said it helped to center her. Relieve the stress of her work nights. I suppose being cooped up in a hot kitchen for hours on end isn’t really something a person of her nature is good at. She had a hard enough time staying in doors to sleep.

89ebf724-4638-4c69-9ff1-fbe2ea970149_zpszn1951nh.png

I took this as a good time to get out of course. I went for my usual evening jog before stopping at a nice little fishing spot. Who can turn down a good fishing spot? I’d learned to fish from Durnik. He was the blacksmith at the farm I grew up on, a good man; he loved aunt Pol like you wouldn’t believe. I’m not a very good fisher by any means. All those years sitting on a throne did little for my fishing skills, but it was still an enjoyable past time.

e6ecdb7d-3758-4f28-a337-f167de0d5c2e_zpsxbwkohxa.png

C’nedra’s little garden bloomed quickly; which really wasn’t a surprise seeing as she is a ‘tree sprite’. Her family was all still alive back on the forests of Tol’Nedra; see where her name comes from. She was an imperial princess; and a royal pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when we were young.

df13fe44-300a-4d18-a538-49b1fa17b575_zpsqsfbyeid.png

For all that she was demanding and fiery like her fierce red hair I couldn’t help but love her. She was sweet when she wanted something and always compassionate. She always tried to make everyone happy, even if it meant watching a horror movie and spending the rest of the night cowering in terror.

43edc1bc-7484-4b58-9035-4528a24c1add_zpsephgeq5n.png

Ah well, life was good; quiet maybe, but we were sure that would change once we got settled. It was nice to just enjoy one another’s company between our work shifts. It was even nicer to be busy and doing something again. The world would change and we would just have to change with it.

bdcaab66-4a30-4b05-a974-71c74eaa06e3_zpsznbvzcz0.png

Bonus Image
    6d3688d3-a075-4917-a2c9-ba4ccc5552e0_zpseo60h5i8.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Bree
    784208e3-8eb9-44d5-b128-bfe06b5faed8_zpsvzyia35o.png

Look at that man, ugh. He’s just so…so gorgeous. Wulfgar, even his name is powerful. If only Bruinner could be alive to see us now. We moved out of the mountains, but not exactly out of the ground. Neither of us knew how to live above ground like regular humans. A girl raised by dwarfs, and the Viking her dwarf father had adopted.

04fad8b7-d5b1-44f9-b1c5-16c66a956566_zpstabj1fdh.png

It wasn’t exactly hidden, but it would get there. I would make Clan Battlehammer proud to call me there daughter; even if I didn’t have a beard. The name is Cattie, Cattie Bree and my husband Wulfgar. We came to these lands seeking fortune and maybe a fresh starts; away from all the mayhem of our earlier life. It wasn’t hard to convince someone to build our home underground, of course they only made it through half the work before decidin’ it was a silly project. Ah, well, it’s our home and Wulfgar and I both know a thing or two about diggin’ underground.

4fefd46b-f128-49e6-97a1-593096d43335_zpskzttcq0u.png

It helps that Wulfgar has arms like tree trunks. He’s always flexing his muscles and working out. Of course it only made sense for him to take a job as an athlete, really isn’t much need for a Warhammer wielding berserker in these parts.

1451d07f-5c0d-46f7-9e04-c0ce4bba3769_zpscqqxogc2.png

I took a much simpler job, a business job. I spend a lot of my time sittin’ on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and staring at this blinking screen. It isn’t exactly my dream job, but if I work hard; and you know I will; I have the potential to be making a lot of money. Now that is something every dwarf wants.

da8abee4-e388-4f6d-943f-e04cabc6da01_zpssg5e8z72.png

We were not in our home but a few hours when a nice fellow showed up, said he went by Garion. I didn’t really talk to him much, but him and Wulfgar really seemed to hit it off. Turns out they were both working for the same company, rival teams of course.

2f231e27-302c-48e4-89f3-7f8d1e8c974e_zps9k9kw7sz.png

I love my wife, I do. Sometimes a man just needs to get out though. I heard about this party going down, a knight’s night. It sounded like a good time; I’m actually not sure if it was. I had a few to many glasses of juice. Could have sworn I was sitting at a table with two knights passing the night. I’m pretty sure Garion invited me out, I’ll have to check with him…once my head stops pounding.

de2764c6-1d89-4e51-bd07-56a469e7aa91_zps71a8otan.png

I’m just glad I have today off work, I can nurse this headache and maybe get in a few more hours of working out. I know it’s probably not the best thing to push my body so hard, but I want to bulk up before the next season. I want to make the team; and maybe a salad. I think Cattie might like if I make her dinner.

fe72ff16-cf8b-4840-ab24-3d3ee6649286_zps0cckhckr.png
    …Or she’ll just grab something from the fridge…

Oh well, I ended up heading over to Garion’s place. I met his wife C’nedra, she’s tiny like a little bird; or maybe I’m actually that big. She seemed like a nice lady, very soft spoken. Garion and I decided to go on a job around the block, it was really nice to have a friend who was into the same things. Jogging wasn’t my favourite sport, but it was nice to get some fresh air.

3db6f9df-734e-4eb1-9e9f-450d4f9e3014_zpsvzsszyw2.png

Bonus Image
    Why you break toilet?!
    d46c6502-374f-4711-8dcf-88c31f4d49ba_zpsxsd6ss4f.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Bolton
    b647f938-660c-479a-a442-e0271da6dc0d_zpsnzke9wmy.png

The name is Ramsey, Ramsey Bolton. You might know me from the sacking of Winterfell, but then; you might not. I know you all think I’m evil, and you’re right. I have plans of world domination. I don’t think I have a good bone left in my body, unless of course it has to do with my wife. Asha Greyjoy, the daughter of a self-made king married to the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of Bolton. Whoever would have thought such a thing would happen? The two of us are going far. After our wedding we decided to move somewhere that our name wasn’t so well known. Bolton seems to bring fear into the eyes of so many in Westeros. I’ll lay the blame on my late father, he was a wretched man….and I’m going to outdo him.
    7f88193c-39f0-451c-bb08-0d55a705148b_zpsthvmdwna.png

Our home wasn’t very big, but it was a start, and we had quite a bit of land to grow into. Asha and I both took jobs as small time criminals; I think the evilness is on our blood. My father said leeches would help with that, but they disgust me. Who wants to put leeches on their body to suck out the bad blood? I say 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the leeches, I’d rather be evil.

8b11eb95-db34-4f56-8794-563dcae8b447_zpsfgwnrgxa.png

Asha and I took a little trip to the park. We wanted to meet a few people, maybe spread a little bit of fear around town. Not too much yet, but enough that people would hear our name.

2e2bdc6b-a5e9-4597-97a9-1d3347a06e6f_zpszn7ifuci.png

Of course Asha went right to work. That sass mouth of hers is no end of trouble, but it brings me great joy to listen to her. There isn’t much better in life then a wife who can talk down to everyone she meets. She’d make a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 queen, but maybe that’s what I like about her.

5994e254-a858-42f2-a2a8-9a824f06c79c_zps9upvpguv.png

I on the other hand, I like to get close to the people I choose for my enemy’s. I like to learn their strengths and weakness’ before I take them out. I say that metaphorically, well mostly. I have no plans on killing anyone…yet.

6ab29b0f-82d9-4717-8272-b3d20f242e56_zps2na3t9fb.png

After a rather nice afternoon in the park we returned home to eat a light dinner. The welcome Wagon rang our bell midway through the meal, of course. It’s like these people time this 🐸🐸🐸🐸, they show up at the most inopportune moments.

52277ac1-9f36-4d1d-bf11-063e1b04cd0e_zpsf4pvd6nf.png

Now these two were strange, both of them were huge! I couldn’t believe the size of this guy’s arms. He was stacked, what was he taking; every steroid in the shop? Even his wife had bigger arms then me. I couldn’t tell if they were just gym nuts or if they spent their free time hauling cars around on ropes.

1cabdb1c-12f8-4b3c-8d1b-9d23ea1e839d_zps2gc6aiyz.png

Of course a second set of neighbours was with them too. Garion and C’nedra; what a strange name, and it wasn’t said like see’nedra, it was more like za’nedra. Seriously, who is naming these people? It didn’t help that both of them seemed like goody two shoes. Ugh, this was going to be a night from hell. Hosting Mr and Mrs. Happy pants; these were the ones I wanted to make my enemys.

bfae7c9e-632a-4fe6-8859-650cc0a2ebbf_zpsrgo5zjsh.png

Finally they all left and the wife and I settled down to watch an old black and white film. She loved old films, said they reminded her of Pyke. I really didn’t care, it made her happy so I’d sit and watch it with her.

c1bfe7f6-a84a-4e33-9f42-945d7a23198b_zpsrzgdych5.png

I couldn’t help it, I had to go over. The goodie goodie attitudes had left me sick to my stomach. I had to do something. So I went to visit the Riva’s; they had a pretty nice house. Nothing to fancy, but it was bright and airy inside. Lots of windows that filtered in the sunset; I poked around a bit before picking out a small lamp in the main bedroom. Peeking through the door I saw Garion reading a book, my time was now! I swiped the lamp and shoved it into my…uh…my pocket? Who knows, but I got it and he didn’t notice. I made a quick goodbye before skipping back towards home. Ramsey would be so happy with my hand work.

75c1be4c-25b3-43c7-bf0a-4140a5971381_zps4r7djsno.png

Bonus Image
    Da fork are you doing Ramsey?!
    97963161-8272-4584-90a4-2dee426f707e_zpshgzcgzh6.png
    Post edited by Chandier on
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Eep! Belgarion & C'nedra <3

Oh Gosh I think Harry & Jenny Potter would fit in well, plus it would give Belgarion some one new to talk with about the principles of magic. o:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options

Oh Gosh I think Harry & Jenny Potter would fit in well, plus it would give Belgarion some one new to talk with about the principles of magic. o:)
    Yes, it's one of my favourite books! Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I talk about it though.
    XD

Aaah, I didn't even think about that. I thought I would do a different couple if I did Harry Potter. ^_^
    I won't spoil the surprise of who though.

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I haven't read Outlander yet, but I have read the first Wheel of Time book and all of the Harry Potter series! Fantasy is my favorite genre for novels (followed by sci-fi and supernatural)!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    I haven't read Outlander yet, but I have read the first Wheel of Time book and all of the Harry Potter series! Fantasy is my favorite genre for novels (followed by sci-fi and supernatural)!

I am in the middle of Wheel of Time right now. Outlander is an amazing read and and I loved Harry Potter right until the last book when we got the huge time skip 17 years later or whatever. :x ..but I'll read anything. XD
    I love books and become so attached to the characters in them. Hence why I decided to do this little story..plus I thought it would be fun to model sims after people from books and see how they interact with one another. I can already tell I'm going to have my hands full with the Bolton storyline, I never play with evil sims.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Chandier wrote: »

Yes, it's one of my favourite books! Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I talk about it though.
    XD

Aaah, I didn't even think about that. I thought I would do a different couple if I did Harry Potter. ^_^

Have you read the second series and the two volumes one each for Belgarath & Pol? I have an almost complete set of all the books, plus all of the Hp, books, um almost all the HP books the newest one I don't think is published yet ... but I'm also a smidge out of the loop, and I didn't get any of the critter spin-offs.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Chandier wrote: »

XD

Have you read the second series and the two volumes one each for Belgarath & Pol? I have an almost complete set of all the books, plus all of the Hp, books, um almost all the HP books the newest one I don't think is published yet ... but I'm also a smidge out of the loop, and I didn't get any of the critter spin-offs.

like the Malorian and those other parts? I have the entire series including the Belgarath and Polgara books, I read them in high school and a few more times after. >..< such good books. I have all the Harry Potter ones aside from the new one as well..I also have the side books like quiddich through the ages the book of monsters annnd the poetry one..and Voldemorts wand a time turner and a dark mark tattoo. //notafan. XD
  • Options
    I almost forgot that voting ended yesterday.
    O:
    With 1 whole vote the next family to be added to the story will be from...HARRY POTTER!
    Stay tuned for that update later this week.
    :)
  • Options
    Just because I feel like adding a little sneak peak of the winning family. ;)
    Severus and Lily Snape
    57a867c7-602b-4f47-a121-d85a4feb5d63_zpsj3ltwyol.png

I had a bit of a time deciding who to make for this family, but I decided to go with something a little more...'fan fic' I suppose. ^_^
    I gave him the gloomy, creative and genius traits as well as the soulmate asperation.
    She has the cheerful, perfectionist and neat traits and the successful lineage asperation.
    I hope you enjoy the new addition to the story, expect an update in the next few days.
    <3