Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Favorite Assassin's Creed Game

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited May 2016 in Off Topic Chat
As the title says...

My absolute favorite Assassin's Creed game is definitely III. o:)

AC III is, perhaps, one of the best AC games ever made - it is based off during the British Colonial times of the United States. I am extremely fond of learning everything there is to know when it comes to the U.S. o:)

I have purchased Syndicate earlier today since it was on sale for $17 via Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Syndicate-PC/dp/B00X87O5T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462149655&sr=8-1&keywords=Assassin's+Creed+Syndicate+PC

I have also purchased my new headset, the SteelSeries Siberia 150. o:)
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-150-Gaming-Headset/dp/B016YGMJ34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462149691&sr=8-1&keywords=Siberia+150

Both the headset and game arrives May 26th. :D

Or even perhaps earlier. :p
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Played the first one. Shift+right click+space+w to run. Who thought that was a good idea?
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    The second one for me. I have a thing for renaissance Italy, and I'm in love with Ezio. The soundtrack is the most gorgeous one I've ever heard for any video game, including The Witcher II, and that's saying something!
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Copying my post from RPGwatch:
    joxer wrote: »
    Because there is spring sale on uPlay store, it's maybe the good time to write a few words about these games. Keep in mind none of AC games is RPG. All are enviroment puzzlers and most are openworld.
    I'm listing games chronologically, these are just subjective remarks of mine so please, if you have another opinion on a title, add it!

1. Assassin's Creed (2007)

Basically a tech demo, worth some cash, but definetly not necessary to have or play. The story it starts about Altair is retold in later games and besides it doesn't end here. The only positive thing about it - this is the only AC game available also as DRMfree on GOG.

1.1. AC: Altair's Chronicles (2008) and AC: Bloodlines (2009)

These two are practically phonegames that were available on some garbage gadgets. I've never seen them and probably because of that I didn't go blind yet. You know what I think about these stuff? Skippit!

2. AC2 (2009)

It uses interesting UI that is same for controllers and KB+M, you won't see press WASD or press ABXY or some triangle/rectangle insults. Icons are unified. PC port is very good.
    You're playing as two characters, Desmond in modern time and Ezio in the past with mentions of the character from the first game.
    I suggest not gathering all treasure chests nor feathers as rewards are not worth it and it's all basically a boring filler. Do however solve all cutscene sequnce puzzles because the complete cutscene is a spectacular lore input.
    DLC is almost rubbish and adds nothing worth $. However uPlay exclusive map that you unlock by just playing the game is nifty lore addition so do register the game on uPlay and don't skip that one!

2.1. AC2: Discovery

Another let's milk fans with handheld crap. Avoidware.

3. AC: Brotherhood (2010)

Some say this one is the best AC game ever and I can't put any valid argument against it, it's just that there is one other AC game I loved a bit more (rogue).
    The Desmond/Ezio story continues and while AC2 took place in Venice and it's surroundings, here we're in Rome.
    UI is now different and adapts to whatever input method you're using, definetly a good port.
    Just as in AC2, I recommend not collecting all filler objects (flags/feathers/chests) as rewards are underwhelming.
    Most of DLC is an utter disappointment and worth hate towards Ubisoft. The only DLC worth a bit is Da Vinci Disappearance, but even that one is not essential.

4. AC: Revelations (2011)

You'll play two or three characters here. Desmond episodes are optional (and very annoying). Other two characters are Ezio and Altair and this game closes their story arc. The game takes place mostly in Constantinople and adds some new stuff to enjoy.
    Not sure why but some people didn't like it, maybe because to them the oddlooking architecture. However this is the only game ever I've seen Piri Reis as NPC - he is possibly the most important historical figure when it comes to mapmaking and mapcopying, yet very little is known about origin of his spectacular maps that survived to this day.
    I know I loved every bit of this game with Ezio and Altair under my fingers.
    DLC is horrible beyond words, singleplayer The Lost Archive is primitive platformer while the rest of DLC are aimed to multiplayer rubbish. Avoid at all costs! Someone should have sued Ubi for charging cash on this garbage.

5. AC3 (2012)

This game closes Desmond's story. And you'll be playing another assassin in the past. Well, not just him but I don't want to spoil it.
    The game takes place in 18th century, before, during and after the American Revolution from 1754 to 1783, and concentrates on Boston and New York City.
    Patching process is disgusting as you have to apply a patch then restart the game, then apply the next one, then restart, etc.
    The game has a few bugs left inside, UI is sometimes annoying where WASD is used a few times to emulate mushrooms = port is not as good as it's predecessors.
    The game is still IMO great.
    There are quite a few DLC with different quality. The Hidden Secrets DLC adds a few more missions in the game, each IMO nice and worth your cash. Battle Hardened Pack DLC is horse armor scamware so you should skip it. The Tyranny of King Washington DLC (in fact three of them Tyranny, Infamy, Betrayal) is played differently than the main game and contains a crazy story. Apparently it's original name was Mad King George and the title is enough to get you interested. Sadly, the lore is not that important so if you don't buy it, you didn't lose much.

5.1. AC3: Liberation (2012)

The game originates on Gameboy or Playstation1 I forgot. There is a PC port, but imagine how bad the graphics can look on this, it's probably worse than AC1.
    Ubi tried to make new Lara Croft, failed because Lara started on the platform where audience wants such stuff - PC. I never met another person who can remember the name of this girl assassin here, that explains how much the game was interesing.
    Never bought this game, never will and I suggest you do the same.

6. AC4: Black Flag (2013)

An eyecandy about… Pirates. If you've never played ship battles before in Sea Dogs, it could be interesting to you. Designs are however horrible, everything feels great first half an hour then it drops into a sea of repetitiveness. Instead of adding interesting stuff to lore, it feels like spitting on it's predecessors with newly introduced crap.
    PC port is horrible, one CPU core is hammered to 100% use all the time, second core is used about 30% while the rest of cores are doing nothing. This leads to microstutters and necessity to overclock CPUs otherwise capable of running any other existing game without a sweat on the default frequency.
    Most of DLC are again super bad. One is a mission with the girl from Liberation that brings nothing new or interesting to the table. A few are multiplayer pay2win most probably scams.
    However, Freedom Cry DLC is very good and is about a freed slave Adéwalé who becomes an assassin. Unlike other assassins however, he doesn't care much for stealth but goes rampage and fights mobs in direct combat. This DLC is so good you can buy it as a standalone product.

7. AC: Rogue (2014)

This is the best AC game IMO.
    Has the best protagonist outfit I'd want to wear in RL, immersive story, it's patchpolished and ported properly on PC, doesn't contain much filler so it's the only game I won't say don't go collectibles. Also IMO this AC game has the best soundtrack of them all.
    The only sin is that the story feels too short and unlike other AC games where I just wanted to end them to stop the torment with repetitiveness, in this one when I completed it I wanted to have more stuff to do.
    In the game quite a few people from AC3 plus Adéwalé from AC4/Freedom Cry reappear here which makes this game a love letter to fans.
    Not enough positive stuff to persuade you into buying it? Here's one more - AC: Rogue has no multiplayer nor DLC garbage! Probably because of that critics massively lowered it's score. Idiots.

7.1. AC: Identity (2014)

Don't ask me what's this about, all I know it's a phonegame. Avoid.

8. AC: Unity (2014)

Till Batman: Arkham Knight this game was considered widely as the most broken release that ever happened on PC. So much performance problems and bugs has not been seen on PC for a long time and the game was in such sorry state several patches just couldn't fix everything.
    It takes place in Paris so the environment is fantastic, but do we play games for eyecandy props? Boring protagonist, boring story, unbelievable NPCs who are not sure what are they even doing in the game especially De Sade, politically correct suspiciously high Napoleon, but politically incorrect lack of female models.
    Co-op missions are not bad though, but not bad doesn't mean mustplay.
    The game was selling like a cure thanks to the hype but is IMO the worst AC game ever and the only AC game I have that I never finished.
    As an apology to disappointed fans, Ubi made pretty irrelevant Dead Kings DLC free and cancelled season pass. That's an apology? That decision should have been made before any game development even start.
    IMO avoid at all costs.

8.1. AC: Chronicles (2015, 2016), China, India, Russia

Are you Dragon Age fan? The awsome game, bad game and without-bears-would-kick-🐸🐸🐸🐸 game trilogy?
    Let's say you are. Did you play Heroes of Dragon Age on phones? Pay $ on it? Do you love it?
    Or do you think that phonegame is an insult to fans?
    AC: Chronicles exactly that to AC series. A bloody phonegame(s) insult. Or if you want to say it differently, a quick cash in.
    Skippit.

9. AC: Syndicate (2015)

Apparently some new stuff, new protagonists, new visuals… And from what I've read, still a whole lot of repetitiveness.
    No multiplayer like in Rogue, but unlike Rogue whatnot DLC returned.
    Didn't buy it, probably never will unless someone says there is something important to experience in it.

To sum it up, IMO you should buy:
    - AC2
    - AC: Brotherhood
    - AC: Revelations
    - AC3
    - AC: Freedom Cry (just that standalone DLC, not AC4: Black Flag game)
    - AC: Rogue

Everything else feel free to skip.
    AC2, AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations don't have to be bought separately as all three are inside Ezio Pack:
    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.332382700/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_Franchise_Pack_-_Ezio_Pack.html
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would have to say Brotherhood is my favorite, followed closely by AC2 and AC4. I have played these 3 games to death :)

Assassin's Creed was fun but pretty repetitive. Revelations was okay. I enjoyed the play through, but I haven't played it a second time. AC3 was okay as well, but I really didn't connect with Connor. I've only played that one once as well. Rogue was pretty meh for me. I didn't even finish the game.

With Unity, I wasn't too keen on the main story line. I thought the involvement of Elise could have been done differently. I did enjoy most the main missions though and there were a lot of interesting side missions to do as well.

Love Syndicate. Am currently on my second play through.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    I absolutely loved AC Brotherhood, also being set in my favourite place ever.. it's just so beautiful.
    Also I am really fond of the Black Flag play through even though the general consensus isn't great... I actually really loved it, I loved the whole pirate aspect.
    Currently about to play Syndicate and I've heard great things.. what could be better than victorian london? xD
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    MissBirdie wrote: »
    I absolutely loved AC Brotherhood, also being set in my favourite place ever.. it's just so beautiful.
    Also I am really fond of the Black Flag play through even though the general consensus isn't great... I actually really loved it, I loved the whole pirate aspect.
    Currently about to play Syndicate and I've heard great things.. what could be better than victorian london? xD

I loved Black Flag also :)
    I also loved AC2.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• ohnotherancorohnotherancor Posts: 68 Member
    I have yet to play any of the games past Liberation, but AC:B has my favorite gameplay, Ratonhnhaké:ton/Connor is my favorite assassin, and AC1 has the most interesting story. :smile:
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    For me it's definitely a the between 2 and Brotherhood. My hubby and I played through them together in succession and had so much fun, I helped him locate all the collectibles, we loved the story and we really loved the setting. Ezio was such a likeable character too...They did such a good job creating the Italian environment. (im also Italian so it naturally was my favorite setting of all the games)

Otherwise Black Flag was fun, the whole nautical thing was new and interesting... The most recent ones though my husband was disappointed with. Which is a shame... Ubisoft used to be so good, but they've seemed to go down in quality the last few years... At least in my opinion.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Never played... Probably have some of the older games for console unless they were sold. My husband and brother both play.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Just curious what you guys think about the newest one (sorry for bumping an old thread I just kinda love it :D)