Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dreams & Drama Neighborhood Rotation - ENDED & Rebooted to a New Version

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Yeah.... I was told to make a forum thread for my story. Absolutely no one ever sees this, but I'm keeping up with it just in case.

Haha well I saw it! Although now that you're going to start another challenge you may want to re-name it something so you can have all your updates on one thread. ;) This was the advice I was given after I had one for each of my stories!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Yeah.... I was told to make a forum thread for my story. Absolutely no one ever sees this, but I'm keeping up with it just in case.

Haha well I saw it! Although now that you're going to start another challenge you may want to re-name it something so you can have all your updates on one thread. ;) This was the advice I was given after I had one for each of my stories!

*is controversial* I am a fan of having separate threads for each story!

(Also, now it looks like I'm falling behind again! Ahh! Reading is in order soon :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
    *is controversial* I am a fan of having separate threads for each story!

(Also, now it looks like I'm falling behind again! Ahh! Reading is in order soon :tongue:)

Yes, I think only my story stories will have their own threads... does that make any sense? I mean the ones I write and screenshot not the ones I just play for fun and screenshot as I go like ISBI.
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I've just published my latest post. It's all about Carmen Butler since she got skipped in the normal rotation due to Laurel Epstein going into labor. Check it out see if anything happened with the oddly dressed man who caught her eye in the club.

Chapter 14: Gotta Get You Into My Life

06-01-16_1-32-09c2a0pm.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Yay! You've got a story thread! I like story threads because it gives me an extra place to chat! Ok... off to read now! I think I'll make a cup of coffee... Coffee with the Blanks!

(Is it weird that I'm sort of excited to read a chapter with Bo Blank in it? Maybe I *do* have a crush!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Yay! You've got a story thread! I like story threads because it gives me an extra place to chat! Ok... off to read now! I think I'll make a cup of coffee... Coffee with the Blanks!

(Is it weird that I'm sort of excited to read a chapter with Bo Blank in it? Maybe I *do* have a crush!)

Well... ok. After what Bo did, no crush. What's Bo thinking? Was that autonomous?

He's fascinating, though.

And Carmen is such a great Sim and great character! Also... isn't Hugo fantastic? I think it's so funny that the Windenburg crowd comes over every time Carmen heads out to her neighborhood!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Well... ok. After what Bo did, no crush. What's Bo thinking? Was that autonomous?

And Carmen is such a great Sim and great character! Also... isn't Hugo fantastic? I think it's so funny that the Windenburg crowd comes over every time Carmen heads out to her neighborhood!

No, Bo is totally crush-worthy. He's just pushing boundaries left and right. A little bit of stay-at-home Dad rebellion I think. Totally autonomous behavior on his part. I hope he doesn't make a habit of making Sims forget him, lol.

I'm really becoming a fan of Carmen. Is it weird that I was just meh about her before? She's got so much heart and she loves to party, but she's also hoping to fall in love and hoping to become am amazing artist. I'll be keeping an eye on her to see which of her dreams she works the hardest to accomplish.

So far, she never autonomously paints or flirts. She has the party animal aspiration, and has yet to roll a whim to throw a party. The only thing she does autonomously is meet new people and dance. She was literally humming and dancing while she was painting. I'd never seen that before and it was hilarious.

No, Bo is totally crush-worthy. He's just pushing boundaries left and right. A little bit of stay-at-home Dad rebellion I think. Totally autonomous behavior on his part. I hope he doesn't make a habit of making Sims forget him, lol.

I'm really becoming a fan of Carmen. Is it weird that I was just meh about her before? She's got so much heart and she loves to party, but she's also hoping to fall in love and hoping to become am amazing artist. I'll be keeping an eye on her to see which of her dreams she works the hardest to accomplish.

So far, she never autonomously paints or flirts. She has the party animal aspiration, and has yet to roll a whim to throw a party. The only thing she does autonomously is meet new people and dance. She was literally humming and dancing while she was painting. I'd never seen that before and it was hilarious.

I've loved Carmen from the get-go! SO much personality! To me, she seems like one of those Sims who's always evaluating things or checking them out or thinking about what she wants.

That's so neat that she was humming and dancing while painting!

I have my Sims listen to music while writing and painting (well, Charlie and Mae Cups do that--they're both music-lovers, so this way, they gain fun while painting and writing, as long as they listen to music.).

@writtenfae Hey, just writing this so you can find my forum thread!
    I am back from hiatus and have posted a new one about the Holloway siblings! They're finally branching out and making friends. I'm not sure which is more glad they don't have to be cooped up in that tiny remote cottage alone anymore.
    06-01-16_12-25-03c2a0pm.png
    So, I kinda forgot about this thread, and I'm thinking I should put the latest posts I've been doing. I'm up to Chapter 30! Well, I've only published up to Chapter 26, but still. I'll try and get them all posted here in case anyone was looking to this forum thread for updates that my story was still going.
    This one was posted on my blog December 2, 2016. I love this chapter because Heaven finally started acting like she was a part of this family and not just the breadwinner. Also, the offspring, Gem & Asa got a chance to meet the monsters under their beds.
    11-29-16_11-51-32c2a0am.png

This one was posted on my blog December 5, 2016. In this one, Bo considered confessing to Heaven that he'd been revealing himself as an alien left and right to Sims all over town.
    11-29-16_12-03-23c2a0pm.png
    This one was posted on my blog December 8, 2016. In this one, Bo continues to reveal his alien nature to Sims and Asa is beginning to worry about his family's eccentricities.
    11-29-16_12-16-05c2a0pm.png
    This one was posted on my blog December 11, 2016. In this one, the monsters under the bed are back, and the family deals with it even more effectively than last time. Heaven considers trying to make friends and Bo gets an invitation from Laurel to bury the hatchet.
    11-29-16_12-37-31c2a0pm.png
    This one was posted on my blog December 14, 2016. In case you're wondering, I was trying out something new where I stuck with one family for a whole week, and posted seven stories before moving on. In this one, Bo has a long lunch with Laurel where they make up and she finds out--again-- that he's an alien. Asa gets invited into multiple clubs, and Gem tries not to be jealous.
    11-29-16_2-17-00c2a0pm.png
    This one was posted on my blog December 17, 2016. In this one, Asa helps Gem work to get invited into one of his clubs, and Bo heads to the Romance Festival with Carmen Butler, Summer Holiday, and Laurel Epstein.
    12-01-16_10-28-08c2a0am.png
    This one was posted on my blog December 20, 2016. In this one, Gem and Asa finally figure out the monsters under the bed. Bo worries that Gem has discovered his secret, and learns that he's really bad at making pancakes.
    12-01-16_2-51-09c2a0pm.png
    This one was posted on my blog December 23, 2016. In this one, each family from the rotation celebrates the holidays in their own way. This one really made me long for a Seasons expansion to the Sims 4, I'm just saying.
    12-09-16_1-04-10c2a0pm.png
    12-09-16_4-19-47c2a0pm.png
    12-09-16_1-44-05c2a0pm.png
    12-09-16_1-33-44c2a0pm.png
    [\center]
    This one was posted on my blog February 16, 2017. I had a big time jump here because life happened. Also, I wasn't a fan of the week-with-one-family thing, and hadn't yet worked out an alternative way to make this rotation work. In this one, I figured it out! I had Laurel create a club filled with "interesting or mysterious" people that just so happened to include all the families in my rotation. And I briefly introduced Gavin Ralston, whose family I created and added to San Myshuno. Gotta have a family from each main neighborhood, now don't I?
    02-15-17_6-28-28c2a0pm.png
    This one was posted to my blog February 29, 2017. In this one, Bo Blank and Carmen Butler have accepted the invitation to join the club, but Laurel has to work a bit harder to get the other two. She only knows of Luca because his younger sister exchanged promise rings with her son Quincy. And Gavin was recommended to her by Carmen. Introductions must be made.
    02-15-17_8-51-24c2a0pm.png
    Okay, last one, then I'm all caught up on recent posts! Well, I did post another one today for my online application to join the pen pals project, so technically second to last one. This one was posted to my blog today. In this chapter, we meet Gavin Ralston and his grandparents Cristian and Kenya. We also get to see the start of the first gathering of Laurel's new club.
    ralston-family.jpg
    02-19-17_2-04-40c2a0am.png
    This was also posted today, technically not a real update to the rotation, but an important post nonetheless. It's Daniella's Online Application to join the pen pan project.
    04-26-16_4-10-59c2a0pm.png?w=720&h=425
    Geeze, it's been so long since I've read your rotation I think I'd have to restart at the beginning to remember what's going on with everyone!
    Geeze, it's been so long since I've read your rotation I think I'd have to restart at the beginning to remember what's going on with everyone!

Feel free, there aren't even 30 chapters yet and I feel like they're mostly pictures, lol. I have to re-read the older ones too to figure out the story thread with each household. I've got my fingers crossed that this new format of having them in a club together will help the story become a bit more memorable.