Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dreams & Drama Neighborhood Rotation - ENDED & Rebooted to a New Version

Comments

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey, I realized I never posted the chapters from Jessie on her experience as a surrogate! Her creator @Skcaga6 is writing a story over at Another Sims 4 World, so check it out.

The specific Jessie-as-surrogate chapters are: Taking A Chance, Wonderful News, & It's Me!
    Enjoy!
    Post edited by cecerose0208 on
    Hey y'all hey!

My story is back today! I'm so excited. Taking this break has been very good for me. I got to press reset on a very hectic July. And I got a lot of writing done. I'm so proud of these next chapters as we finish out Round 9. A lot goes down with the Blanks, then the Epsteins, and finally Ms. Carmen Butler. The next 6 weeks are gonna be a ride, for sure.

Well enough buildup, haha. If you remember, Heaven and Bo Blank had a goodbye kiss (aka woohoo one last time) before she left her family to move in with some Bros in a different neighborhood in Newcrest. That risky woohoo resulted in a pregnancy. Today we finally see her deliver. Enjoy!
    Another new chapter went up today! Heaven & Bo's new daughter, named Sky, goes home with Heaven. Heaven invites the family over to meet Sky, but the visit doesn't go like any of them have planned.
    Daniella Holloway just posted another pen pal letter to Sienna. Check it out if you can!
    edited August 2017
    Today, we hear about how Sky follows her plan and picks up her baby sister from her mother's house. The Blanks settle in with their new family member.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Such a sweet sister moment. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Such a sweet sister moment. :)

Thanks! I hope they have more to come. Though if Heaven doesn't get her crap together, Gem may end up being more like a mother to Sky than a sister.
    New post up today! We finally spend some time with Asa and see how he's handling everything that's happened to his family. Enjoy!
    New chapter up today! Hours after flirting with Robyn, Asa turns his attention back to Olivia. Enjoy!
  • SpixieSimSpixieSim Posts: 28 New Member
    3) I want to do sort of soap opera-y storylines, something like All My Children which I grew up watching. Laurel Epstein is definitely my Susan Lucci. In a weird way, I think Luca Holloway might be my Adam Chandler, I dunno. The game adds it's own drama (being the father of your sister's new wife's baby is a grand example), which is great.

I am currently doing two stories myself. One is very plot oriented. I have my beginning, climax and end all planned out. But I too also am doing one in the Sopa Opera theme. I grew up watching General Hospital. So of course I have my "Quatermaines"... lol. And The "Hardy's" and can't have a GH without Sonny Corinthos dude. It's not as easy as I thought it wou;d be. I try to focus on one family for a day or two and then move on to the next. I'm happy with it so far. How is yours doing?
    SpixieSim wrote: »
    3) I want to do sort of soap opera-y storylines, something like All My Children which I grew up watching. Laurel Epstein is definitely my Susan Lucci. In a weird way, I think Luca Holloway might be my Adam Chandler, I dunno. The game adds it's own drama (being the father of your sister's new wife's baby is a grand example), which is great.

I am currently doing two stories myself. One is very plot oriented. I have my beginning, climax and end all planned out. But I too also am doing one in the Sopa Opera theme. I grew up watching General Hospital. So of course I have my "Quatermaines"... lol. And The "Hardy's" and can't have a GH without Sonny Corinthos dude. It's not as easy as I thought it wou;d be. I try to focus on one family for a day or two and then move on to the next. I'm happy with it so far. How is yours doing?

I love that your story is inspired by General Hospital! That's really cool. I have changed sooooo many times how I do things. I notice now that I spend more time with the larger families (like the Epsteins), and less time with the smaller families (like the Butlers). I just need more days to capture screenshots for all the people.

I started with three days per family, then switched to one week, then back to three days. Now I just hope from house to house, making sure I hit all five in a given round with no particular order. I play as much as I need to to get a good story to tell (at least 4 chapters at about 1100 words each and 20-ish screenshots).

Trying to be any more uniform than that between houses has felt like a waste to me. At least now I don't spend more time than in necessary to tell a family's story and I don't leave before I get to the big drama of the round.

It's been working for a couple of rounds now, so I'm sticking with it until it stops working!

Hopefully that answers your question about how my current plan is working. :smile:
    when you build your houses, do you just build enough for a screenshot or the whole house. I spent a whole week building a mansion then realized that I only use the main living room and dining room for scenes. Sometimes a bedroom.
    when you build your houses, do you just build enough for a screenshot or the whole house. I spent a whole week building a mansion then realized that I only use the main living room and dining room for scenes. Sometimes a bedroom.

I always build the whole house. There are some part of the house, like a hallway or something, that's very well decorated, and is only seen in one itty bitty corner of a shot, lol. But still, I enjoy building, so I do the whole thing.

Most of the houses in this story are renovated from what's already on the lot. In Heaven's house I added a basement. In the Blank house, I move a wall and added a pool. In Carmen's house, I updated the kitchen and 2nd bedroom. In the Ralston-Kibo house, I fully redecorated the apartment, which we'll see soon.

The biggest change so far has been to the Epstein house. The only thing I added was the basement. I kept the rest of the floor plan, but I renovated every floor and wall and light in that place.

The next big change we'll see is the Holloway house. I kept the bones of the house, but totally redesigned it, moving walls and everything, for it to match their new life. That new house won't show up in my story until November though.
    @SpixieSim Do you regret having the whole house there when you don't use it?

Another thing, most of my building from the ground up happens in my legacy story. I really enjoy building a new house that looks like an expansion on the old house rather than a bulldoze and rebuild.
    Yea I kind of do. the new crime family I have made I am building their house and going to try my darndest to use the whole house. ;)
    Yea I kind of do. the new crime family I have made I am building their house and going to try my darndest to use the whole house. ;)

Unless you have a homemaker Sim, it's so hard to find a reason to use the kitchen. And unless you've got toddlers or pregnant women, so hard to use the bathroom. Good luck with that!
    My sims hold all their parties in the bathroom.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    My sims hold all their parties in the bathroom.

LMAO, that does seem to be a thing for the Sims. One person goes to pee, one person goes to talk to them, then the next thing you know, full party!

I've pretty much stopped that by making sure whatever level of the house my guests flock to for parties only has a small powder/half bath. Not enough room for the congregation means they stay by the bar and buffet table and music where they belong.
    Today we continue Round 9 with a switch over to the Epsteins! I've been missing them, and I hope you have too.

Laurel and Kurt have a lot of kids, you know, and they may or may not have forgotten about the birthday of some of those kids... Enjoy!
  • PhantomEnnaPhantomEnna Posts: 37 Member
    I've been following your wordpress account for some time now! I'm so glad to have found your account here.
    Anyways, just want to say that I adore this story! I love seeing all your amazing characters!
    I just enjoy playing the Sims 4 ^_^

My Wordpress
    I've been following your wordpress account for some time now! I'm so glad to have found your account here.
    Anyways, just want to say that I adore this story! I love seeing all your amazing characters!

Aw thanks! I'm happy you've found me on these forums, it's a wonderful community for us Sims and Simlit lovers. Hopefully you stick around.

Question, do you write a story? And if so, have you checked out the Writer's Lounge?
    In today's post, we get a look at Bianca and Brooklyn Epstein (Kurt and Laurel's middle daughters) as teenagers. The day they age up, they begin to put their plans to be international entrepreneurs into action. Enjoy!
    Aannnnddd, I'm back to being late on posts, lol. I completely forgot that I always have more chapters with the Epsteins. Yesterday there was a post, in case you missed it. The title is in German because the Epstein twins are making their plea to their parents. Enjoy!

Also, shout out to @Julyvee94 for helping me with the translation! You rock!
    edited September 2017
    I hope they get to go.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    There was also a chapter today. In this chapter, the Epstein household goes back to what Laurel originally envisioned: She has time to help the kids with their homework. The family all has dinner around the table. And there is room for romance with her husband. It's not how she would've planned it, but luckily she didn't have to sort the day out by herself.