Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Panel 2.0 ; Concept Art & Petition! (Massive update; 11/3/16) 60 Signs!

Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
kbYsPx9.png

Hey guys! Today I have something special to show you. I have recently redone my new Sims Panel concept, and I wanted to update this thread and show you guys! Below this, you will different sections that will show you around my concept. I encourage for you to read through all of this, and remember, if you like this, don't be afraid to give this a thumbs up and show your support in the comments!

x4svBpc.png

Xt7sENQ.png

VEYRLdb.png
PoSO4nj.png
These are your Sim icons! They show you every Sim you have, as well as represent the Sim's current emotion state in the background in the form of a matching color. Whenever a Sim is selected, the background of the icon is green, and the emotion is instead represented by an emote.

CyZjxfZ.png
Whenever you hover over a Sim's icon, you'll get a small information panel. It tells you the Sim's name, age, gender and their emotional state!

But you see these emotes in both of these images and you must be wondering what they are. But wonder no longer! Let me briefly explain the emotes.

Jg6hJHK.png
Emotes are the small little faces you saw in both pictures above, they are made to represent your Sim's current emotional state. Down below I have a few examples to show you guys.

dhMNtqf.png

EmyTzD8.png
NMPEeT2.png
One of my favorite things about this concept is the scrollbar! It allows further implementation of an over 8 Sim household limit, and allows the game to adjust the width for smaller resolutions, without shrinking the entire panel down to the size of a peanut!

Now you must be asking, "What are those circles to the sides of the scrollbar?". Those circles act like arrows! So if you don't like using the scrollbar, just click your way through.

sdNbwQ7.png
FHepMyg.png
Another new feature with my redesign is the filter! The filter allows you to filter your Sims panel in age and gender! Whenever you use the filter, the backgrounds of the Sims that don't match the filter settings will turn dark grey, allowing you to easily pick the one(s) you want out. But WAIT. THERE'S MORE! While the filter is active, if you start scrolling through sims using the 'spacebar' key on your keyboard, it will skip Sims that don't fit the filter and just scroll through the sims that do!

W7wKYwh.png
y5U8Mcd.png
The last feature this concept offers is the ability of smooth integration for pets. In the highlighted, blue box above, you can see that there are 2 icons. A Plumbob and a paw-print. These represent the 2 menus, the Plumbob for Sims, and the paw-print for pets. This allows you to have and be able to control pets and Sims without a cluttered screen! And it's just a matter between clicking either icons!

Welp, this is it (for now). I really do hope you guys enjoyed looking through all of this, I know I enjoyed making it. And of course, if you like this idea, don't be afraid to drop a like, or even an awesome! And write below if you have feedback or would like to sign this petition!

And the following, awesome people have signed this petition!
@NikNak, @pammiechick, @FreezerBunnyCowplant, @crazycat_135, @Luke, @mrnhmath, @keylimepiesims, @PirateJandcats, @Sigzy05, @Vines12, @allieb312, @dafadolly, @DcD2510, @HIFreeBirdIH, @Kamio, @gamingstylist, @SimsLovinLycan, @Klept0maniac94, @AmberEEC, @Dreagen1, @Keyenpeydee, @siennaStar, @Scobre, @celipoesias, @AJroxs18, @Imkiture, @AngiesSmith, @imhappy, @Maylee, @Simmer_chiyen, @Taralris94, @Finnatix, @FallenPrince, @princessdylan, @FloridaSimmer, @SnowWolf58, @totallynotmurder, @AquaSimmer1212, @NADYSOPHIE, @FranSims, @Petarce123, @TheoriesOfHapiness, @Alyssatjjee, @ElishaH, @imhappy, @BethanyXX, @Ambera, @KikiSparks1209, @BenjaminBankss, @_Renasaurus_, @OMGiLoveIceCream, @charlesberg, @SnappiTheSimmerxx, @adamzaid, @sammiehudgins, @Gamey_Bunny, @LadyLocoTaco, @HopefulSadnes, @feetinstockings
Post edited by Gabe_oz on

Comments

• NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2016
    I like it. This could also give us the ability to have more than 8 sims and still look alright in the UI. :smile:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Awesome! Too bad you aren't employed by EA.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Awesome! Too bad you aren't employed by EA.
    NikNak wrote: »
    I like it. This could also give us the ability to have more than 8 sims and still look alright in the UI. :smile:

THank you guys! :blush:
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Where's the petition?
    I would sign it! Awesome concept btw, I always wondered how they would display pets.
    It would just look ugly if they were placed on top of the current Sims, but this looks way better
    a256aFi.gif
    Where's the petition?
    I would sign it! Awesome concept btw, I always wondered how they would display pets.
    It would just look ugly if they were placed on top of the current Sims, but this looks way better

Just type sign and ill start a tally :)
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Sign I love this idea. :)
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    That UI looks awesome. I would support it in my game!
    Origin ID: Derpiez
    Sign I love this idea. :)
    Luke wrote: »
    That UI looks awesome. I would support it in my game!

THank you! :)
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Sign!
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    This looks brilliant! Much tidier than the current design.

Signed! :)
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Nice! Can you redesign the worlds also haha...'cause they totally need redesigning
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I like it! But maybe make the gap between the phone and it a little less. XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    Nice! I would love it in my game
  • allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Sign !
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    Ooh sign! I love it
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Oooh..... Signed love it
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Sign! This is a really good redesign! The only thing I would say is to design it so 8 Sims can fit on a single bar at a time, rather than having to scroll one space to the left or right to check how the other Sim is doing. Otherwise, great job!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sign!!! You should post this in general or ideas!

Edit: yeah my bad this is in the ideas thread. I'll go sit in my corner now.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    This is good for people who play full households, but I play with smaller families most of the time.

I would actually find it really annoying if I had to click a button to toggle between sims and pets with, say, 2 sims and a dog.
  • gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    Signed love it
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'll sign to that! It's a simple change, but it looks very promising!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    Nifty idea! would totally be more efficient come time for pets!
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
  • AmberEECAmberEEC Posts: 109 Member
    Sign. I love this idea, it looks really neat too, i feel like the one already in the game looks messy.
    Origin ID: AmberECC
    Simming since the sims 2

• Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Sign
    This looks amazing!!! I love the idea to have different panels for pets and sims, this is so smart! Please EA hire him!!!