Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP . Screen settings UI too small

Mo0se990Mo0se990 Posts: 140 Member
Basically I updated my computer to Windows 10, not by choice I might add, and all my sims settings were reverted, so I had to back and fix all those... BUT even when I got my screen size back to normal, the UI (is that what it's called ? ) the control panel thingy whatever is still too small, and all the notification bubbles, the UI used to go all the way to the other side of my screen and it is UNBELIEVABLY frustrating that it is now a lot smaller I can't handle this someone help me please I don't have good eyesight as it is. BTW yes my screen size is at maximum, I have a 15" laptop screen
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Could you post your DxDiag?
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
    If it does not fit, split it up into multiple posts. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Mo0se990Mo0se990 Posts: 140 Member
    @Colton147147

OKAY. Let me know if you need anything else...I think I did this right...

SYSTEM
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
    Processor: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics (2 CPUs) ~1.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM

DISPLAY
    Name: AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics
    Drivers- Date: 7/6/2015

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sorry if I'm not understanding you.. Did you play with the resolution size in game settings after the reset?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    I've got it on the largest screen size setting
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    You may already know this, but your computer's processor and graphics are way underpowered for TS3. They do not meet the basic requirements to play this game.

That said, you may get better results by changing the resolution of your monitor itself, outside of the game, and then adjusting the resolution in-game until you find a combination that matches better and doesn't require a magnifying glass to see the UI controls (I've seen this effect reported on very new cards with not the best resolution combinations being used as well).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    When you say "largest screen size setting" do you mean, in game you have it to a setting like 1920 x 1080? Cause that makes the UI smaller. You'd need to find a smaller screen resolution (in game options) to make the UI bigger. Something probably smaller than 720, as well, if you like the UI to cover the whole screen.

Start at about the midway point on the in game resolutions, and go smaller from there until you find one you like.
    p8L4V6v.png
    @igazor funny though you say that, sims was running actually perfectly smoothly and quickly, (and i have all expansions and my settings pretty high) with my "way underpowered processor and graphics" up until the windows 10 update. my computer is absolutely fine for playing sims; well..until now :(

@ChelleJo i have tried every single setting and they all look the same :(
    edited April 2016
    Mo0se990 wrote: »
    @igazor funny though you say that, sims was running actually perfectly smoothly and quickly, (and i have all expansions and my settings pretty high) with my "way underpowered processor and graphics" up until the windows 10 update. my computer is absolutely fine for playing sims; well..until now :(

Plenty of players are able to play this game on unsupported configurations, up to a point. Nothing personal, but I wish players would stop arguing back when we point these things out. We aren't being judgemental or anything (at least I'm not), just trying to be helpful and realistic. I'm glad that you have been able to enjoy your game up until this happened. All expansions is impressive.

In this case, it sounds to me like either your graphics card drivers are not working well with TS3 in Win 10 (is there an update available?) or it's actually the Win 10 version of those drivers that are now causing a problem. Or you have dual graphics and the game is using the "wrong" one by default. That wasn't enough of a dxdiag to tell; a full report would take up six or seven replies because they are very long and it cannot be pasted into one.

Is a rollback to Win 7 or 8.1 possible?

But don't do anything drastic until someone with more hardware configuration experience comments. Let's try paging some.
    @phoebebebe13
    @chesterbigbird
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Sorry but I agree with @igazor. Your computer is way under requirements to play this game and you will run into trouble. I would try to go back to your old version of windows. Because your computer is way under requirements I would not even attempt to play this game on it. That is unless you can afford to replace the computer if this game causes your computer to break down eventually. Your computer is only meant for very lite computer tasks and not gaming. This game does require a mid range gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop. Something worth reading http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car
    I wasn't trying to argue back, but expensive gaming computers isn't something that everyone can afford, so I apologize for naturally getting defensive when people point out that my computer doesn't meet requirements because it's all I've got and when I was shopping for this laptop last year, I specifically said I wanted to be able to play Sims on it, and this was the best one that I was recommended, and it has served me wonderfully the last 8 months until this darned update last week :( Not only is the UI difficult to see but now the game is running horrendously slower. I have no idea whether reverting back to Windows 8 is an option or something I'm able to do. Perhaps for now I'm just going to have to wait around until I can afford a better computer, probably a desktop...
    Sorry to hear that. And totally understand that a $1,000+ (USD) system was and is not in your budget. You can get away with cheaper than that, more so for a desktop than a laptop.

As for rolling back, does this help at all or has it been more than month since the unwanted update?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    YES. I am now going back to Windows 8.1. HOPEFULLY I won't lose any of my programs or files in the process and this fixes my sims settings. Will let you all know in the next couple of days .
    edited May 2016
    I wasn't trying to argue back, but expensive gaming computers isn't something that everyone can afford, so I apologize for naturally getting defensive when people point out that my computer doesn't meet requirements because it's all I've got and when I was shopping for this laptop last year, I specifically said I wanted to be able to play Sims on it, and this was the best one that I was recommended, and it has served me wonderfully the last 8 months until this darned update last week :( Not only is the UI difficult to see but now the game is running horrendously slower. I have no idea whether reverting back to Windows 8 is an option or something I'm able to do. Perhaps for now I'm just going to have to wait around until I can afford a better computer, probably a desktop...

Desktops to run this game $600-$700 and up USD. Desktops are stronger and cheaper for gaming than a laptop. Some desktops can be upgraded unlike a laptop. Even though it was running fine before because your laptop is under requirements and not designed to play this game,this game does have the potential to shorten the life span of your laptop because your forcing it to do something it really can't handle. We have seen people on really cheap laptops try to run this game with bad consistences. If you can get it to run after changing the OS I would invest in a laptop cooler and play the game on low. Dont play for hours at a time either.
    GREAT news I am back to Windows 8.1 and all my settings are back to normal :) yAY. game is running smooth just like ol' times
    GREAT news I am back to Windows 8.1 and all my settings are back to normal :) yAY. game is running smooth just like ol' times
    I was worried that some semblance of graphics issues were going to follow you back to 8.1 after the rollback. Glad to hear that was not the case! :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • potter1020potter1020 Posts: 2 New Member
    so how can i change the settings to make the ui bigger
    potter1020 wrote: »
    so how can i change the settings to make the ui bigger

The only way is to lower the game resolution in your launcher. This will make the ui larger
    @potter1020 - Another way to put that is, other than adjusting resolution choices, we can't. The UI for TS3 is not flexible like it might be on other games. I believe that mod developers have tried to address this but none of them have been successful.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top