Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Variety with Building... for those of us that like to build :)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @thevogel The only building item I got with the pack was a new picket fence which comes in several colours and three blueprint garden rooms.

I am getting a bit tired of all the "object stuff" and want more of the building stuff myself.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @thevogel The only building item I got with the pack was a new picket fence which comes in several colours and three blueprint garden rooms.

I am getting a bit tired of all the "object stuff" and want more of the building stuff myself.

Right!??? I have been begging them for more building stuff. I even put a post on SumGuruGraham page. Every time I ask them about getting us more building stuff... I get absolutely no response what so ever.

A new fence and some pre made garden rooms.... not sure that is worth 10 bucks.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    thevogel wrote: »

Right!??? I have been begging them for more building stuff. I even put a post on SumGuruGraham page. Every time I ask them about getting us more building stuff... I get absolutely no response what so ever.

A new fence and some pre made garden rooms.... not sure that is worth 10 bucks.

I think I am gradually losing my addiction for The Sims games as I like the buildings I have created for my games but keep having to start a new game to build some more as I don't want to erase them. I need more neighbourhoods.

I have lost my inspiration and start the game, play a bit and then go and play solitaire or Bejewelled 3 or look at the Forum. All I did with the pack was to put some items in the garden and exit.
  • Options

I think I am gradually losing my addiction for The Sims games as I like the buildings I have created for my games but keep having to start a new game to build some more as I don't want to erase them. I need more neighbourhoods.

I have lost my inspiration and start the game, play a bit and then go and play solitaire or Bejewelled 3 or look at the Forum. All I did with the pack was to put some items in the garden and exit.

I am losing that addiction too. I'm a huge Bejeweled fan, and play that often. I have a couple of city building games, older ones, and Roller coaster tycoon 3 keeps me really busy with the building addiction. I'll probably just not play TS4 for awhile, see how this version of the franchise plays out. if they ever come out with a game pack or Expansion pack that offers some more building variety, I might try it out. but I think I'm done asking them... really don't think EA cares anyway. I can spend my money on other building games or the Sims 3 and be satisfied.

but it would be good if people keep this thread going... even if I have somewhat given up. The people who love building in this game and spend their money, really should get what they want. And if EA / Maxis is going to make this forum and ask people for ideas... then they should actually read what the peeps want. Well...I think I'll fire up my old Pharaoh / Cleopatra city building game. that will keep me busy building for a few hours.
  • Options
    Giving this another bump...
  • Options
    nerdowl42nerdowl42 Posts: 44 Member
    *Bring back Auto roof feature and add more varieties and colors of roofing...

Oh gosh, yes please! I do really like Sims 4's build mode but the roofs do tend to give me a headache. Also octagonal roofs for the octagonal room would be a help too (I know there are ways to create roofs for this but I spent longer on the roof than I did the whole house last time I used octagonal rooms ^^;; )
    Well...I think I'll fire up my old Pharaoh / Cleopatra city building game. that will keep me busy building for a few hours.

Slightly off topic but as you mentioned it: I remember that Pharaoh building game! I must still have my disc somewhere... about time I played that again.
    Avatar is my Sim version of Athena Cykes from the Capcom game Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. Don't own the character, just borrowing characters for some fanwork
  • Options
    Hey Nerdowl42 I have the same issue with Roofs....I just can't seem to get them to do what I really want. I've lost all creativity with them. I want Auto roof back so I don't have to worry about it. man I would love a round and octagonal roofs back as well.

OH and yeah...still a bit off topic... I also installed Rollercoaster Tycoon 3... Zeus and Poseidon. Now I'm having some real building fun.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I love every idea on this thread! Some things that I'd like to see:
    -Waterfall sprayers that can be placed on walls of any height to flow over it into a fountain/pool/pond.
    -More fireplaces: tradisional stone, modern stone, modern glass, braziers, small heater-like fireplaces, fireplaces that are visible on both sides of a wall etc. All of the fires don't have to be on the same level, either - I have a dream to one day build a sim house with a fireplace in the middle of the verticle wall next to my bath :smiley:
    -Platform/stage tool to make something look more important or make a "step-up" room, or similarily a step-down room. A very smart poster mentioned earlier on that foundations could be set per room. That would be so amazing!
    Anyway, museums are looking really boring without little platforms.
    -4 tile wide windows for larger walls
    -Bigger stained glass windows for my church-like wedding buildings or even just dramatic flare. It would be cool if some of the stained glass windows had figures like roses or sims on them.
    -Sliding doors
    -More tall wall doors! I hate that there are only two tall doors and they NEVER match what I am trying to create /:
    I want some gothic doors of all sizes AS WELL as modern, because I build from both styles. Options!
    More arches of all sizes would be appreciated as well.
    -More shrubbery and trees! Ponds too, obviously.
    -More colour options in general. We only have one dark black wall covering and it's tiles, and I really don't want my house's exterior tiled. There are also barely any intricate wallpapers, like fine patterns that look like forests or geometric designs etc; every wallpaper is clunky and has big patterns, which limits customization.
    I was also shocked when I played TS3 again a while ago when I realized how many beautiful wall paneling I completely took for granted. Go look at the S3 paneling. It has beautiful ballroom-style, vintage wood with that oval cut down the middle and intricate designs at the edges etc. Even some of the wood flooring was majestic, with patterns on them and ballroom-style intricacy. We need these back, because it is so beautiful and it is actually shocking that we have so many "Princess Cordelia" stuff but barely any wall- and floor coverings that support the theme.
    -Obviously more styles of stairs.
    -Eventually, it would be AMAZING if we could build house boats and even real tree houses! The tree houses would basically be special trees with a platform in the appropriate place upon which we can build. The special trees and attached platforms could come in a small, medium and large size, with the possibility to make a two-storey treehouse on the large tree. Think of the possibilties!
    This would obviously need some compact stairs and bunk beds :)
    -When the time comes for a beach EP, it would be great to build on water again. We could get the water pilar foundation thing again. This time, though, it would be great to be able to build a one-storey basement INTO the water under the platform. We could then choose from a few "special windows" that are basically animated to depict water life like a movie screen. This would basically work like a gif with a time lapse. There would probably be four styles, one with simply flowing seaweed in greenish water (maybe a shark), one with coral and pretty fish, one with white sand, light blue waters and the occasional sea turtle, and one with mysterious royal blue water and occasional small silver fish and little blue crabs.
    -Of course apartments should be brought back and that would open up a whole new portal of building possibilities, especially for those of us who like building and decorating small spaces. It would be cool if some apartments where double-storey this time around, though. Even better if we can build our very own apartments!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want to be able to do this sort of verandah
    sa1916876_1.jpg
    Notice how it doesn't meet up with the main roof? It's about a foot down from it.

And I want green wallpapers. And leafy patterned ones.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    NelcaRedNelcaRed Posts: 322 Member
    As a builder of Sims 4 I highly agree with you!
    You could also check out my gallery if you like.
    *I would like more variety for windows and doors, and also the fact the you can place it anywhere and will not lock on to the wall geometry.

*I want more electronics, since the mobile phone was invented, it doesn't mean that you can do everything inside it. I want wall phones, more computers, speakers and games.

*The color wheel and customization for everything.

*Shelve, surprisingly this game doesn't have shelves you can customize. It is the open designed shelves.

*Garage doors following with cars (We have a rocket-ship but we don't have cars? Huh?)

Like if you agree with me! Thank you and check out my Gallery ID: NelcaRed
  • Options
    SimsècretSimsècret Posts: 54 Member
    Love those stairs!
  • Options
    I love every idea on this thread! Some things that I'd like to see:
    -Waterfall sprayers that can be placed on walls of any height to flow over it into a fountain/pool/pond.
    -More fireplaces: tradisional stone, modern stone, modern glass, braziers, small heater-like fireplaces, fireplaces that are visible on both sides of a wall etc. All of the fires don't have to be on the same level, either - I have a dream to one day build a sim house with a fireplace in the middle of the verticle wall next to my bath :smiley:
    -Platform/stage tool to make something look more important or make a "step-up" room, or similarily a step-down room. A very smart poster mentioned earlier on that foundations could be set per room. That would be so amazing!
    Anyway, museums are looking really boring without little platforms.
    -4 tile wide windows for larger walls
    -Bigger stained glass windows for my church-like wedding buildings or even just dramatic flare. It would be cool if some of the stained glass windows had figures like roses or sims on them.
    -Sliding doors
    -More tall wall doors! I hate that there are only two tall doors and they NEVER match what I am trying to create /:
    I want some gothic doors of all sizes AS WELL as modern, because I build from both styles. Options!
    More arches of all sizes would be appreciated as well.
    -More shrubbery and trees! Ponds too, obviously.
    -More colour options in general. We only have one dark black wall covering and it's tiles, and I really don't want my house's exterior tiled. There are also barely any intricate wallpapers, like fine patterns that look like forests or geometric designs etc; every wallpaper is clunky and has big patterns, which limits customization.
    I was also shocked when I played TS3 again a while ago when I realized how many beautiful wall paneling I completely took for granted. Go look at the S3 paneling. It has beautiful ballroom-style, vintage wood with that oval cut down the middle and intricate designs at the edges etc. Even some of the wood flooring was majestic, with patterns on them and ballroom-style intricacy. We need these back, because it is so beautiful and it is actually shocking that we have so many "Princess Cordelia" stuff but barely any wall- and floor coverings that support the theme.
    -Obviously more styles of stairs.
    -Eventually, it would be AMAZING if we could build house boats and even real tree houses! The tree houses would basically be special trees with a platform in the appropriate place upon which we can build. The special trees and attached platforms could come in a small, medium and large size, with the possibility to make a two-storey treehouse on the large tree. Think of the possibilties!
    This would obviously need some compact stairs and bunk beds :)
    -When the time comes for a beach EP, it would be great to build on water again. We could get the water pilar foundation thing again. This time, though, it would be great to be able to build a one-storey basement INTO the water under the platform. We could then choose from a few "special windows" that are basically animated to depict water life like a movie screen. This would basically work like a gif with a time lapse. There would probably be four styles, one with simply flowing seaweed in greenish water (maybe a shark), one with coral and pretty fish, one with white sand, light blue waters and the occasional sea turtle, and one with mysterious royal blue water and occasional small silver fish and little blue crabs.
    -Of course apartments should be brought back and that would open up a whole new portal of building possibilities, especially for those of us who like building and decorating small spaces. It would be cool if some apartments where double-storey this time around, though. Even better if we can build our very own apartments!

THIS!!!!
  • Options
    NelcaRed wrote: »
    As a builder of Sims 4 I highly agree with you!
    You could also check out my gallery if you like.
    *I would like more variety for windows and doors, and also the fact the you can place it anywhere and will not lock on to the wall geometry.

*I want more electronics, since the mobile phone was invented, it doesn't mean that you can do everything inside it. I want wall phones, more computers, speakers and games.

*The color wheel and customization for everything.

*Shelve, surprisingly this game doesn't have shelves you can customize. It is the open designed shelves.

*Garage doors following with cars (We have a rocket-ship but we don't have cars? Huh?)

Like if you agree with me! Thank you and check out my Gallery ID: NelcaRed

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :smiley:
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited August 2016
    Something that sometimes bother me when I'm enjoying build mode is if I add a roof that has a part that you can colour (wall paint) all of it has to be the same colour. Sometimes, depending on how the roof is placed, it would look way better if you could colour a part of it something else.

Edit: English?
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Something that sometimes bother me when I'm enjoying build mode is if I add a roof that has a part that you can colour (wall paint) all of it has to be the same colour. Sometimes, depending on how the roof is placed, it would look way better if you could colour a part of it something else.

Edit: English?

LOL I know what you are trying to say. I have the same issue with roofs and foundations.
  • Options

Been awhile for this thread....and with the latest News on City Life and not being able to build apartments...More limitations.... I think it's safe to say, we Builders are never going to get what we want from this game. 2 years and no changes with building items or variety...nothing.

I've gone back to TS3...and have been very happy with building there. I think I'm just gonna stick with TS3 until a competitor comes out with a Sims like game (heard a rumor about this on another Sims forum) Really don't think there will be a Sims 5. So many un-happy builders for TS4...and so many un-happy Family players due to no Toddlers. I just don't think they will ever have the success they need to continue the franchise.

but I'll check in every now and then and see what kind of EP's, GP's, and SP's come out. I'd be very surprised if they ever acknowledge what the established fan base wants ever again. EA / Maxis and the Devs have made it pretty clear.. this is the game, this is the way it is, you play it the way we want, or don't play it.

Really wish I had asked for my money back after playing the base game. Silly me, I thought they would fix it.

I really enjoyed all of your input and all the beautiful ideas you all had for this game. It's too bad we've been ignored.

Peace out :/
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I agree a lot! I would like to see octagonal roofs and octagonal mansard roofs. I also want attic rooms with roof windows and dormers. And prettier stained glass windows, because the ones from Get Together are pretty ugly. There is this whole wood structure around the actual window that I find very ugly.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png