Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Variety with Building... for those of us that like to build :)

Comments

• Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    • Sectional sofa
    • More Windows
    • House style options e.g. Boho, American classic, rustic, pop-modern, vintage, industrial, urban modern and nautical
    • Spiral and helical stairs
    • More beds e.g. Sleigh beds, cabin beds, canopy beds and day beds
    • more Wallpapers and paints would be amazing
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Also window seats
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »
    • Sectional sofa
    • More Windows
    • House style options e.g. Boho, American classic, rustic, pop-modern, vintage, industrial, urban modern and nautical
    • Spiral and helical stairs
    • More beds e.g. Sleigh beds, cabin beds, canopy beds and day beds
    • more Wallpapers and paints would be amazing

YES TO EVERYTHING!!! We need some serious variety with all of these.... Oh and I love the Window seats idea... I'm not sure if we ever had those in any of the sims games... did we? Well... it would be great to have them now.
    Bumping
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    We got a couple of new carpets with Dine Out, but the carpet selection is still embarrassingly abysmal.
    Terra wrote: »
    We got a couple of new carpets with Dine Out, but the carpet selection is still embarrassingly abysmal.

Right??!!! Every time they do a GP or SP, EP.... I keep thinking we are going to get more variety now.... I could not get over how little variety there was in the Dine out pack. I know we shouldn't complain about the stuff in the game...but you are right, some of it really is "Abysmal".

I guess all we can do is just keep asking and posting suggestions here on the forum.
    I know, it's a bit silly since of all things, you'd think carpet would be one of THE EASIEST things to do since it's just a simple recolour...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My things I've wanted while building:
    - More range in curtains and blinds
    - Options to open and close curtains and blinds
    - Curved staircases with a wall surround, as well as circular stairs
    - Wall niches
    - Window seats
    - Split-level building
    - narrower-slat wood flooring
    - modern parquet flooring
    - more small light fixtures
    - bunk and loft beds
    - small skylights
    - glass flooring that Sims don't want to dance on
    - all single doors to be available both single square and double square
    - more double doors that don't have windows
    - more wallpaper styles
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I know, it's a bit silly since of all things, you'd think carpet would be one of THE EASIEST things to do since it's just a simple recolour...

(banging my head on the desk) You're right, you're right, I know you're right.
    - More range in curtains and blinds <3
    - Options to open and close curtains and blinds <3
    - Curved staircases with a wall surround, as well as circular stairs <3
    - Wall niches <3
    - Window seats <3
    - Split-level building <3
    - narrower-slat wood flooring <3
    - modern parquet flooring <3
    - more small light fixtures <3
    - bunk and loft beds <3
    - small skylights <3
    - glass flooring that Sims don't want to dance on <3:D
    - all single doors to be available both single square and double square <3
    - more double doors that don't have windows <3
    - more wallpaper styles <3

I LOVE ALL OF THESE SO MUCH!!!! I just had to put little hearts next to them all....Come on Sims Team... this is what we want!!!!!

YES YES YES! Absolutely yes! I have wanted this for so long. Have we ever had this?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh heck yes, personally I'd love to see terrain tools, a color wheel, and a lot more gritty urban assets! Peeling wallpaper, gritty brick/masonry, grungy carpets, basically anything that isn't glaringly beautiful. TS4 has a really great handle on beautiful assets. Beautiful settings, beautiful building assets, beautiful buy mode items, but there isn't a whole lot of "less than desirable" stuff. Not all of my sims live in a beautiful wonderland, so I would really like to see some building assets that showcase a rougher environment.

Being able to manipulate our terrain is the hugest one for me, though. It would be a really cool feature to see in TS4.

Edit: I forgot about stages! I really enjoyed using those in TS3 as a way to place beds on platforms etc. It would be cool to see them return.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    - More range in curtains and blinds
    - Curved staircases with a wall surround, as well as circular stairs
    - Wall niches
    - Window seats
    - Split-level building
    - narrower-slat wood flooring
    - modern parquet flooring
    - more small light fixtures
    - bunk and loft beds
    - small skylights
    - glass flooring that Sims don't want to dance on
    - all single doors to be available both single square and double square
    - more double doors that don't have windows
    - more wallpaper styles

Yes to all of these please!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • SimsècretSimsècret Posts: 54 Member
    I fully agree to that! We need more building tools!
    Also, windows and doors all need to be available in the same colors!

YES YES YES! Absolutely yes! I have wanted this for so long. Have we ever had this?

Nope :) But wouldn't it be awesome with the new lighting??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Simsècret wrote: »
    I fully agree to that! We need more building tools!
    Also, windows and doors all need to be available in the same colors!

Definitely! I'd like at least white, light wood, and dark wood for all the doors too.
    Oh heck yes, personally I'd love to see terrain tools, a color wheel, and a lot more gritty urban assets! Peeling wallpaper, gritty brick/masonry, grungy carpets, basically anything that isn't glaringly beautiful. TS4 has a really great handle on beautiful assets. Beautiful settings, beautiful building assets, beautiful buy mode items, but there isn't a whole lot of "less than desirable" stuff. Not all of my sims live in a beautiful wonderland, so I would really like to see some building assets that showcase a rougher environment.

Being able to manipulate our terrain is the hugest one for me, though. It would be a really cool feature to see in TS4.

Edit: I forgot about stages! I really enjoyed using those in TS3 as a way to place beds on platforms etc. It would be cool to see them return.

Been begging and pleading for the terrain tool and color wheel for awhile now. Love the idea of some "gritty urban" stuff.
  • sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member
    I can't believe bunk beds didn't come in the new kid stuff pack, would have been the best place to add them. Is there a reason they didn't add it? . I would loveeeee "L" shaped stairs and "U" shaped stairs (stairs that wrap around). Need more beds !! don't like using build mode CC, only use in CAS, but I'm soooo tempted! Oh. Sliding doors, seamless Windows (so it looks like there's nothing there), lifts *starts to drool with excitement*
    I can't believe bunk beds didn't come in the new kid stuff pack, would have been the best place to add them. Is there a reason they didn't add it? . I would loveeeee "L" shaped stairs and "U" shaped stairs (stairs that wrap around). Need more beds !! don't like using build mode CC, only use in CAS, but I'm soooo tempted! Oh. Sliding doors, seamless Windows (so it looks like there's nothing there), lifts *starts to drool with excitement*

Yeah, bunk beds is a no brainer....That definitely should have been in the Kids stuff pack.

*** and seamless windows...drool****
  • aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    I think my top list for build is split levels and L- and U-shaped staircases. There are so many house plans that I would like to re-create but this limitation makes them difficult.
    aka_moi wrote: »
    I think my top list for build is split levels and L- and U-shaped staircases. There are so many house plans that I would like to re-create but this limitation makes them difficult.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. I'll take split levels and L-shaped, circle and half circle stairs over new windows and decor right now. :smiley:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Can we have stairs like this for the extra tall walls
    half%20turn%20landing%20cut%20string%2002.jpg
    Stairs that won't become stupidly steep, just because the walls are tall, and have a left and right, so that you can make a grand staircase, and have it possible for sims to walk under the upper part.

Sort of like this, but with a landing
    hall105.jpg

And with putting a left and right together, will look sort of like this
    Ida-Noyes-Hall-University-of-Chicago-Stairway-1.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stairs <3:D
    and my delayed reaction to the next Stuff Pack..... More Backyard stuff...really? Okay it's official. I give up! :|
    So has anyone bought this new Backyard Stuff pack? does it have anything or any variety with the building aspect of the game that would be worth spending another 10 buck on? Let me know. Thanks