Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Variety with Building... for those of us that like to build :)

Comments

• Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I would love all your suggestions! And here are some of my own:

I want more stained glass windows. I love Edwardian and Victorian homes and they go so well with those types of homes.

I want L shaped stairs and these types too

gIbuIqf.jpg

I love these lights also

RmEzlzU.jpg

I would love the option to make upper landing segments in upstairs rooms like these

HV95GJQ.jpg

spFqhfx.jpg

Also can we get air vents and ceiling fans?
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Nicweb82... OH Man.... those are nice!! Love the seating room with all the windows and the step down into the bedroom... that staircase is awesome. Vents would be good... it adds aesthetics to each room. I hope i used that word correctly... blush:

Masongamer..... again, right on the money... yes octagon and round roofs, we need them.
    bumping this so we can get some more ideas.
  • Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Everything mentioned here sounds great! At the top of my list are more roof styles, more stair styles (especially some that are carpeted), and more carpet flooring styles.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited May 2016
    thevogel wrote: »
    buydebug wrote: »
    Lighting options are always in high demand. Need them.
    And I know this is kind of a small random thing, but I would really love a ladder for my bookcase in the study

Yes... Lighting... so frustrating with the lack of lighting choices we currently have.

and I love the idea of a latter for the bookcase... we need floor to ceiling bookcases.

Cupboard wall lights (wall lights that look like cupboards - preferably matching Maxis counter sets) would be awesome. Many RL kitchens have lights built into the bottoms of their cupboards. I also second the idea of floor-to-ceiling bookcases. Also, bookcases that aren't floor-to-ceiling should have spaces so that you can put clutter or small objects (like photos) on top of the bookcase. Preferably clutter of the player's choice. Currently, there are mods that change existing bookcases to add clutter spaces on top of bookcases and such, but it would have been better had it been added in officially.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited May 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want to be able to have other buildings on the lot without a foundation. So many things I can't do or don't even want to attempt because of this. I will leave it at that for now.

Yes, it seems if you use a foundation on the main building, you cannot build other buildings on the lot without a foundation. But if you don't use a foundation on the main building you can build other buildings on the lot without a foundation - they all have to be the same level, apparently. Could be something in the programming.

Also, as to roof styles, I would like the option of lowering the top of the roof to make a low-pitched (but not flat) roof on larger buildings.

Finally, spiral stairs, escalators (or at least stairs that look like escalators), elevators, and ladders would be awesome.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Cupboard wall lights (wall lights that look like cupboards - preferably matching Maxis counter sets) would be awesome. Many RL kitchens have lights built into the bottoms of their cupboards. I also second the idea of floor-to-ceiling bookcases. Also, bookcases that aren't floor-to-ceiling should have spaces so that you can put clutter or small objects (like photos) on top of the bookcase. Preferably clutter of the player's choice. Currently, there are mods that change existing bookcases to add clutter spaces on top of bookcases and such, but it would have been better had it been added in officially.

Yes we need cupboard lighting. I have found one small wall light that I can place below the cabinets when I'm building. If I don't do this.. my kitchen looks too dark. It would help if we had a bigger selection of windows.. I like to place windows between upper cabinets to bring in more natural light. but the lighting is essential.

And I love the idea of bookcases that have room for photos, plants and other decor. It's just so important to have all these little touches when building.
  • lotrlover5858lotrlover5858 Posts: 9 New Member
    I love building as well :) I would love to have the windows/doors/walls/floors/railings to make medieval/fantasy castles in Sims 4. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is a huge inspiration for me :) I'd also love to be able to make real treehouses, if that were to ever be possible.
    I love building as well :) I would love to have the windows/doors/walls/floors/railings to make medieval/fantasy castles in Sims 4. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is a huge inspiration for me :) I'd also love to be able to make real treehouses, if that were to ever be possible.

Love it... Love it all!!!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I need terrain, pond, and town editing tools at least for my building. I really miss being able to pick my own lot sizes and place my lots. I'm really not enjoying the already slated lots in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think I need terrain, pond, and town editing tools at least for my building. I really miss being able to pick my own lot sizes and place my lots. I'm really not enjoying the already slated lots in the game.

We desperately need a terrain tool. I miss being able to make ponds. I realize we can make fountains... but this is totally different. when making parks and more nature type lots.... the terrain tool is essential.

I've said it before... but I'm am really surprised and somewhat disappointed that with all the wonderful tools we ended up with in the Sims 3, that they didn't expand on that for the Sims 4.

As Builders... we are missing some serious key tools to making this game fun and exciting to play.

At this point... I'm back to playing city building games until they come out with the next EP or SP cause I have lost my creativity with what is currently available. I'm still willing to see what else comes out of this version of the game...but I feel like the Gurus are not listening or reading.

I've posted this request for more building items and tools on Facebook, Here on the forums, and even on one of the Guru's pages just to see what they would say..if anything. And all I ever get back is silence. I can't judge cause I don't work with them, so I have no idea the complexities of building this game and franchise and what they are up against. Also, I know we builders are not the only ones disappointed and pretty much complaining about the game. but it would be at least polite if they could at least respond with, Hey we hear you, maybe we will try to put more building options in, or something... anything. I hear crickets.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

We desperately need a terrain tool. I miss being able to make ponds. I realize we can make fountains... but this is totally different. when making parks and more nature type lots.... the terrain tool is essential.

I've said it before... but I'm am really surprised and somewhat disappointed that with all the wonderful tools we ended up with in the Sims 3, that they didn't expand on that for the Sims 4.

As Builders... we are missing some serious key tools to making this game fun and exciting to play.

At this point... I'm back to playing city building games until they come out with the next EP or SP cause I have lost my creativity with what is currently available. I'm still willing to see what else comes out of this version of the game...but I feel like the Gurus are not listening or reading.

I've posted this request for more building items and tools on Facebook, Here on the forums, and even on one of the Guru's pages just to see what they would say..if anything. And all I ever get back is silence. I can't judge cause I don't work with them, so I have no idea the complexities of building this game and franchise and what they are up against. Also, I know we builders are not the only ones disappointed and pretty much complaining about the game. but it would be at least polite if they could at least respond with, Hey we hear you, maybe we will try to put more building options in, or something... anything. I hear crickets.
    Yeah same. It's been a feature since the Sims 1. Why I was shocked when neither tool made it into the Sims 4. I love sculpting land. It is really hard to express creativity with the limits the Sims 4 sets for building. :( That's sad. Maybe we should ask about it on the Simulation Tech thread?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Yeah same. It's been a feature since the Sims 1. Why I was shocked when neither tool made it into the Sims 4. I love sculpting land. It is really hard to express creativity with the limits the Sims 4 sets for building. :( That's sad. Maybe we should ask about it on the Simulation Tech thread?

I'm not sure a request for more building options would get attention in the Simulation Tech thread.... but I can give it a try. My fear is that someone will scold me and move the thread back to The Ideas corner.

Let me pop over there into that forum and see what the topics look like. If I can do it without them thinking I'm some sort of pain in the rear end, then I'll give it a go.
    Well the Restaurant pack was officially announced today. Let's hope and beg that there are some newer building tools in it.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I need more wallpaper, more *sets* of things like matching doors and windows. I really, really miss terrain tools, water tools and world editing. I've been playing around with this feature but it really doesn't fill my need for terrain tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lagMOpj7AI8
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    I need more wallpaper, more *sets* of things like matching doors and windows. I really, really miss terrain tools, water tools and world editing. I've been playing around with this feature but it really doesn't fill my need for terrain tools.

Yes we really need the Terrain tool back. Everyone who has contributed to this thread have all requested the things we miss and desperately need to stay engaged in the game. More Sets would be wonderful. With some more color choices too. Don't think we are ever gonna get the color wheel back... so it would be great if we could have some sort of combo color choices other than what we currently have.

I think I told someone before, but I thought when they gave us basements, that we would get the terrain tool back, and a variety of stairs.. but nope... we got nothing except for how to build a big hole in the ground. I don't understand why they would not expand on what we had in Sims 3 and make it better.... it's just a big ole question mark for me and so many others.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I really really want whatever plants are placed in world to be made available in build mode - I really need to be able to blend my surroundings better with the world since I cant edit the world. This is probably my personal #1 pet peeve.

I really really want matching things - this would include all build mode items: windows/doors, floors/walls, sinks/toilets/tub/shower, appliances etc I like it when things have a cohesive look to them. Also, height/size matching would be really great for door/window sets. Also also also, I need some sliding doors please! MOAR DOORS!

I really really want the shelves to function, all of them not some of them and they should be able to hold anything that fits - clutter, small plants, lamps, radios, small tvs etc. Also, more slots please. That DJ beats boombox needs a serious overhaul on placement ability, its the smallest radio yet requires a larger table than its larger counterparts... :|

I want to place fountains next to pools and on other surfaces.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    Curved walls (like the patios), hobbit doors, spiral stairs, adjustable stars (steepness, the curves , L shape , stairs that wrap around the whole room and you can still build around, adjustable windows (like one giant pane of glass across the whole side of your house, multi layer rooms (I want a shed or sauna without needing stairs if my house has a foundation or have one room a step up or down without needing to delete part of your foundation and have exposed foundation or some things not going on the walls , actual ability to make attics. Just more stuff would be nice.
    edited May 2016
    Nectere wrote: »
    I really really want whatever plants are placed in world to be made available in build mode - I really need to be able to blend my surroundings better with the world since I cant edit the world. This is probably my personal #1 pet peeve.

I really really want matching things - this would include all build mode items: windows/doors, floors/walls, sinks/toilets/tub/shower, appliances etc I like it when things have a cohesive look to them. Also, height/size matching would be really great for door/window sets. Also also also, I need some sliding doors please! MOAR DOORS!

I really really want the shelves to function, all of them not some of them and they should be able to hold anything that fits - clutter, small plants, lamps, radios, small tvs etc. Also, more slots please. That DJ beats boombox needs a serious overhaul on placement ability, its the smallest radio yet requires a larger table than its larger counterparts... :|

I want to place fountains next to pools and on other surfaces.

YES YES YES!!!! would love to have more and more landscaping!! more plants, more ground options. And I agree with the whole Matching thing. and why haven't they given us sliding doors yet? don't get me wrong... I love french doors.. but I prefer all glass or the pane french doors, and we have like 2 options right now.... whoop de doo.

functioning shelving... what a concept. Yes shelves that we actually put things on. I think I had suggested in an earlier post that it would be great if we could have shelving built into the wall, kinda like a wall tool or wall option... but functional.

You are spot on with everything here. :)
    Curved walls (like the patios), hobbit doors, spiral stairs, adjustable stars (steepness, the curves , L shape , stairs that wrap around the whole room and you can still build around, adjustable windows (like one giant pane of glass across the whole side of your house, multi layer rooms (I want a shed or sauna without needing stairs if my house has a foundation or have one room a step up or down without needing to delete part of your foundation and have exposed foundation or some things not going on the walls , actual ability to make attics. Just more stuff would be nice.

Hobbit Doors is a fantastic idea. You know we sort of got something kinda hobbit like at the end of the Sims 3 series. it was this great rock fence wall with a Hobbit like Round arch entrance. It was awesome. Now why they still have not given us more options with stairs and creative doors and windows and round walls.. it's a complete mystery to me. OH That Giant pane of glass across an entire wall...LOVE IT LOVE IT. Been dying for a window like forever.

They definitely need to give us the terrain tool back... and we need the ability to adjust the foundation per room, so we can make the drop down room like you suggested. They could've done that when they came out with the Spa day stuff pack. We could've have made the perfect step down into a sauna or Jacuzzi.
    Keep the ideas coming.... Even if we are repeating ourselves. be the squeaky wheel. :D
    bumping
  • ShadowcatCatshadowShadowcatCatshadow Posts: 47 Member
    more wallpapers and floors, please
    and do not make only 1-3 colors. at least add the "rainbow" plus black, white, brown and grey.

AND make sure the different parts have matching colors
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I did a post about a week ago similar to this one... but I didn't get specific. I tried adding the specifics later... but the post got pushed.

Because I know I'm not the only one who really enjoys the building in this game... I thought I would list some things that Maybe the Sims team would consider for us builders in a Stuff Pack of sorts.

What builders like myself would like to see in the game:

*Bring back Auto roof feature and add more varieties and colors of roofing...

*create more chimneys and make sure there are enough options to match the stone an brick wall options.

*More varieties of Windows and Doors.. and more color combo options for them.

*More Matching sets for Doors and Windows

*A lot more options of Drapes and curtains, blinds, and window treatments in general for all sized windows.

*More fireplaces please... stones fireplaces, modern tile fireplaces, Rustic fireplaces, fireplaces that you can insert into a wall so it can been used or seen from two different rooms

*A floor tool that allows you to have a step down into another room.

*Stair options.. L shaped Stairs, Curved Stairs, Round Stairs, and more variety of metal, wood, carpeted, wood with a carpet runner.

*Terrain tool. We need to be able to put windows in the basements... lower the terrain or build it up so we can have houses on hills.

*I know we don't have cars... but a Garage would still be a good thing. teenagers could have band practice in there. variety of Garage doors, and the ability to attach the Garage to the house.

*More varieties of Bathroom items... especially more toilets and sinks.. and specify which sinks for the kitchen and which ones for the bathrooms. I'm so tired of my sims washing their dishes in the bathroom sink. and Bathroom Stalls for community lots.

*More Wall options... definitely more stone and brick options, that goes with the floors too.

*We always need a bigger variety of Landscaping options... just more bushes, flowers, some more specific to what ever world you're in. Desert would need more desert type plants and the forest would need greener and more lush plants....etc.

*Of course we would then need more fencing options, and hopefully gates that will actually work with what ever fence you choose to use.

*Lighting... Lighting is always an issue... there just needs to be more variety... I always end up using the same 4 lights cause everything else looks so bad when I try it.

*Display cases for shelving for the sims that collect all those crystals and metals and so forth. maybe even built in shelving as a wall tool just to create an other option.

*The Kitchens need a lot of help. there needs to be more counter options, and appliance options. again I'm using the same like 4 counters cause as few as there are...there are some there that are just awful.

Well that should do it for now. Anyone want to add their preferences... please do so

Yes to everything. I want more wallpapers, carpet, storage, sliding doors, and L-shaped stairs.

edited May 2016
    more wallpapers and floors, please
    and do not make only 1-3 colors. at least add the "rainbow" plus black, white, brown and grey.

AND make sure the different parts have matching colors

You are so right on this. I'm tired of the limitations with colors. and never finding anything that matches the foundations or chimneys unless you use the same like 3 wall types.

We need our color wheel back, and we need to be able to make adjustable foundations and have options for walls, wall papers, paint, stone and brick.

I don't care if I repeat myself at this point. We builders have begged and begged for more options in every incarnation of this game... and we patiently wait for EP's to come out and hope that maybe we have been heard. We builders need our own Stuff Pack at this point.