Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ambrosia Challenge! (Beta Testers Needed!)

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @JLBDreamer Aware of the death is fine, it's aware of the ghost that would technically be bending the rules. But you can tweak the ruels howver you wish for the story! I'm very very interested now :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    @CitizenErased14 As long as you won't mind a little tweaking in the spirit of comedy I'll do it! I do want to get my randomacy started first but you won't have to wait too long.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @JLBDreamer I already tweak @CitizenErased14 's rules, my ghost is a child and therefore - according to the game - has to go to school. Grrr. But it's fun to bend.

I love the little bits you've mentioned about your story idea - when you get around to writing it, let us know. I'd love to read it!!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    It is so sad. :'( My sim just died to become the ghost. I really love her and I played her since she was a child. She completed already three aspirations but what she really wants is a family, but she never got the chance for this … But hey the goal is to bring her back right? So lets get this story started very soon ;)
    Marialein wrote: »
    It is so sad. :'( My sim just died to become the ghost. I really love her and I played her since she was a child. She completed already three aspirations but what she really wants is a family, but she never got the chance for this … But hey the goal is to bring her back right? So lets get this story started very soon ;)

Yay @Marialein !!!!!!
    snvAF3B.png
    Marialein wrote: »

That's what I keep telling myself - their future happiness is only delayed by death not ended...but gah - I only played my ghost for a couple days - he's officially been ghost now longer than he was ever alive - and it was still impossibly difficult to kill him.

Good luck on the story start!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    That's what I keep telling myself - their future happiness is only delayed by death not ended...but gah - I only played my ghost for a couple days - he's officially been ghost now longer than he was ever alive - and it was still impossibly difficult to kill him.

Good luck on the story start!

I'd only played Amira for the day that it took to write her chapter. The most time I spent with her was taking the family photos. The rest was just posing. So to me it was like she was always a ghost. It was seeing her not as a ghost that was tough for me. Especially not having her in the Holt house. I was so used to disabling needs decay on her constantly that I kept looking for her and then remembering she's not there anymore!
    Yay I started an Ambrosia Challenge click here to read it. It is just the prologue yet but more will come ;)
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    It will probably be 2-3 weeks before I start posting the story but I thought I'd share the sims I created for this challenge.

tumblr_o7dttstSfd1vn7ylco2_540.png

If you want to see more close up CAS of the family they are on this Tumblr post.

This guy is the alien I'll be using. I made him a while ago but now I'll actually use him.

tumblr_o7dubsTHib1vn7ylco2_400.png
    tumblr_o7dubsTHib1vn7ylco1_540.png
    tumblr_o7dubsTHib1vn7ylco3_400.png
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    I've started my short story of my ambrosia challenge and posted it here on my blog... https://sinisterambrosia.wordpress.com/
    I'll be updating it as much as I can, hopefully it'll be the first full story/challenge i can complete.. lol
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    Love the start! @Jmaraa I'll be interested to see how she adjusts to being a ghost!
    Awesome @Jmaraa !!!! I hope you enjoy the challenge!!! I can't wait to check out your story (I am super behind on all my reading haha but I promise I will read when I can :) )
    snvAF3B.png
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    I'm going to be considering a story for this challenge. I love love the concept but having a hard time developing a plot that isn't just a rehash of D2D. I'll give this some thought and see what I can come up with.

Especially with the challenge requirements of heir BFFs and the rules about skilling up one area at a time etc. I sincerely love this idea but not sure if I can come up with something that isn't just a pale copy of D2D. ;)
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    Hi everyone :) I just wanted to pop in and tell you that my ambrosia story will be in the book club in the week of 22 August. I can't wait for tgis. Thanks a lot @CitizenErased14 for this challenge :blush:
    @cshaner I had the same concern starting out. Focus on a backstory for your ghost and go from there. It will take on a life of it's own in no time!

@Marialein That's great congrats!
    edited August 2016
    @Rainydayz179 thanks for the tip. I suppose in some ways every legacy challenge is the same too! It's what we do with them that make them our own. :) hopefully any similarities to D2D will be ok and understood it was because of the challenge, not because I was copying @CitizenErased14 :smile:
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    @Marialein how awesome that your story will be featured! :smiley:

@cshaner please don't worry about "copying" D2D! It's kind of the nature of the challenge :lol: But I have not seen any ambrosia challenge stories that feel like a copy of D2D, to me! Everyone puts their own spin on it :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Ok @CitizenErased14 since this is your challenge and it is based on your story... I'm going to start thinking of my backstory for my ghost and see what I come up with. If I come up with something that can lead to an outline I'll start this challenge but it's going to be at least a few days weeks of thinking.
    @CitizenErased14 couple of questions about your vision of the 'spirit' (pun partially intended haha) of this challenge.

First is it at NO point the ghost can interact with the rest of the family other than the heir? In D2D you had eventually the entire family was involved in the research.

Also in the optional challenge you mention the non commital ghost falling in love with the heir but never getting married. Wouldn't that be the opposite? Wouldn't redemption for a noncommittal to get married? :). Just curious what your thoughts on that were. Or did you intend it to be along the lines of "you were always noncommittal now the tables have turned and you cannot marry the one you WOULD commit too".

Thanks for your time.
    @cshaner that's right, they can have no interaction with anyone but the heirs :) D2D was special hahaha I wanted to add a more difficult aspect to the challenge so I included this

And the reason they can't get married is because they are a ghost! :) Haha to me "commitment" doesn't necessarily mean marriage, just a committed, monogamous relationship :blush: If your ghost is brought back to life and their significant other is still alive, they can certainly get married! Just not when they are a ghost :)
    snvAF3B.png
    @cshaner My ghost married the brother of the heir. <3
    Ok got it!! Thanks for answering. A plot is beginning to form so I'll certainly keep you posted on if I attempt this.

And yes, I see the problem with them being a ghost and getting married. :) I was thinking ahead I guess to after they were restored to life and not marrying the object of their affection.

And Awwww @Rainydayz179 I cannot wait to read all about it!
    cshaner wrote: »

That'd be great. I did try to do a spin-off legacy but after starting the second generation my interest faded. I'm just not a "write the story" first type I guess.
    cshaner wrote: »

That'd be great. I did try to do a spin-off legacy but after starting the second generation my interest faded. I'm just not a "write the story" first type I guess.

I was really worried about that - losing interest in the second half of the story - so just yesterday, I made sure to time just thinking about James's life after being a ghost and how to make that interesting. I think I have. And it got me all excited again for that part of the challenge.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I was really worried about that - losing interest in the second half of the story - so just yesterday, I made sure to time just thinking about James's life after being a ghost and how to make that interesting. I think I have. And it got me all excited again for that part of the challenge.

That's cool. You're much better at the "story" thing than I am. I'm a challenge girl through and through. No point in denying it. I'll leave the real SimLit to the masters. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top