Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ambrosia Challenge! (Beta Testers Needed!)

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I can't wait @ra3rei ! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Okay! Chapter one is up!! I'll just post the first one here, the rest of the notifications will be on my thread. I hope you enjoy my testing of this challenge....I'm sorry i kind of broke it already.

A Ghost of a Chance
    Chapter One: The Darkness
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    2. Your sim may only work on ONE step of the Ambrosia cure at a time.

Dang I was checking to see if I was breaking a different rule when I saw this one. Opps! Luckily I only had him fish one day so I'll just stop. :#
    2. Your sim may only work on ONE step of the Ambrosia cure at a time.

Dang I was checking to see if I was breaking a different rule when I saw this one. Opps! Luckily I only had him fish one day so I'll just stop. :#

Hehehehe yes @Rainydayz179 No one can fish until a Death Flower has been grown! (This is to make the challenge super hard/maybe impossible to complete in one generation... because where's the fun in that? :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Hehehehe yes @Rainydayz179 No one can fish until a Death Flower has been grown! (This is to make the challenge super hard/maybe impossible to complete in one generation... because where's the fun in that? :tongue:

*facepalm* Dang. I totally messed up. I gave him the Nerd Brain aspiration. He's level 6 in handiness. I read and re-read these rules over and over I can't believe that one just didn't sink in. I think I'll punish myself by not allowing him to catch the angelfish 'cuz it would be like I cheated to do it. :s
    edited May 2016
    Oh no @Rainydayz179 ! :( I'm sorry you missed that rule!

It's this one right here:
    Once the encounter with Grimmy has happened, your sim can begin the search for the ghost's cure. There are three steps to complete this, and you CANNOT begin the next step until a sim has completed the previous one and the steps must be completed in order!

I guess, if you're closer to getting the Angelfish than the Deathflower, you can tweak the order and have him do the Angelfish first? Maybe?

But yeah, he shouldn't have been doing ANY work on handiness or fishing (minus fixing stuff around the house if necessary!) until he maxxed gardening and herbalism and got the death flower.

What are his gardening and herbalism skills like right now? If you wanna do it flip-flopped and have him focus on handiness and fishing first, I will allow it :blush:

I'm gonna edit the rules to give an example and try to make this more clear! :)

EDIT: I just caught up on your story... if I'd seen your chapters sooner I would have called you out on all that handiness skilling! :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 Oh no no no he's maxed his herbalism and is halfway through level 9 of gardening so I'll stick with the correct order. I messed up in my attempt to have him not do the gardening aspiration as would be expected. It's all good. Someone can learn from my mistake. His heir can do the next task and he can focus on work or something? Hahaha! You totally had it right there in the rules and like I said I read them over and over too.
    Someone's pregnant!!! Woot - Heir number one is on their way!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Someone's pregnant!!! Woot - Heir number one is on their way!

Awesome! <3
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    i'm going to attempt this challenge and try writing a story to go along with it! we shall see how it goes! I had to reformat my computer and reinstall the sims, so i have no stories! i will be trying this now!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    Reasons not to have your ghost die by water: the puddles, oh the puddles!?

Anger is a bad one too. Mine is constantly angry and she gets Edric angry too just by being around her.

Anger is a bad one too. Mine is constantly angry and she gets Edric angry too just by being around her.

Is that how she died!? Kind of fits her personality, actually!

I fear there.might not be a "Good" way to kill a sim. Maybe hunger? Then all they do is raid the fridge?
    edited May 2016
    Is that how she died!? Kind of fits her personality, actually!

I fear there.might not be a "Good" way to kill a sim. Maybe hunger? Then all they do is raid the fridge?

For the story she died of some illness. But technically I just chose the kill- cardiac explosion from the debug cheats... I thought it would make a good screenshot, lmao. It didn't. Her dad didn't get the right expression on his face until after she was on the ground. <shrugs> Sims, they never do what you want them to do for a screenshot!

I wonder what they do when they die from electrocution?
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sims who died through electrovution destroy all electric devices. Drown sims the whole time your sinks and toilets.

The happiest way for a sim to die is laughing :) they are as far as I know telling the whole time jokes. To die of age is nice too but for this challenge not possible.
    Post edited by Marialein on
    Marialein wrote: »
    Sims who died through electrovution destroy all electric devices. Drown sims the whole time your sinks and toilets.

The happiest way for a sim to die is laughing :) they are as far as I know telling the whole time jokes. To die of age is nice too but for this challenge not possible.

Ah thanks for the info!
    My next ghost is so dieing of hysteria. That has to be easier in the woodwork. :)
    My next ghost is so dieing of hysteria. That has to be easier in the woodwork. :)

LOL Make sure you get some shots of all the puddles for our entertainment! You can make your own bloopers post. :p
    Ooh good idea, poor James alone in his darkened room, mopping up his own puddles....endlessly. That alone is a reason to bring the poor kid back to life.
    Ooh good idea, poor James alone in his darkened room, mopping up his own puddles....endlessly. That alone is a reason to bring the poor kid back to life.

Ohmygosh I can totally picture it too. Amira does yoga and meditates. I felt sorry for her and put a yoga mat and meditation stool down there for her. At least those she can't break!
    He has a drawing table. He draws all the time. I might toss more toys down there, but honestly at the moment I want him to need the house.

But he...well leaks as he draws so there are always these puddles to mop up.
    He has a drawing table. He draws all the time. I might toss more toys down there, but honestly at the moment I want him to need the house.

But he...well leaks as he draws so there are always these puddles to mop up.

Too funny. I can't wait to see!
    @CitizenErased14 I was going to PM you this question but I thought @ra3rei and anyone else doing your challenge might have the same question: How did you make "the darkness" so dark in D2D? Even with black walls and a black floor I can still see the walls and floor when I've tried to take screenshots of her there.
    @CitizenErased14 I was going to PM you this question but I thought @ra3rei and anyone else doing your challenge might have the same question: How did you make "the darkness" so dark in D2D? Even with black walls and a black floor I can still see the walls and floor when I've tried to take screenshots of her there.

@Rainydayz179 If you look closely, you can see the floor of Evelyn's darkness! Haha. I honestly didn't do anything to my screenshots. So I'm not sure what my "secret" was...

But I know Rae edits hers (with great results! You can't see her floor at all). I just don't know how she edits them.
    snvAF3B.png
    edited May 2016
    @Rainydayz179 If you look closely, you can see the floor of Evelyn's darkness! Haha. I honestly didn't do anything to my screenshots. So I'm not sure what my "secret" was...

But I know Rae edits hers (with great results! You can't see her floor at all). I just don't know how she edits them.

Well darn. And no, I never noticed the floor in D2D. Poor Amira. I feel so bad making her so sad for these shots.

Edit: Okay after experimenting I've found that in flooring misc bottom of basement seems to be the best one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top