Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides (images of the world)

This place is SO pretty. I have to share the images because... wherelse? They were supposed to be part of my story, but they just didn't fit anywhere. So they are just the touchiest bit edited, but it is still such a gorgeous place.

26005323083_6727b4dd08_o.jpg
26335188610_647215939a_o.jpg
26608545005_62916a9e37_o.jpg
26515466462_9ece342e37_o.jpg
26542659071_ab94a23b56_o.jpg
26515407522_52ac2f61e6_o.jpg

Have any images of ST you want to share? I've really barely explored this world, but it is so gorgeous. It makes me want to start yet another save. Right now my sims are 'vacationing' there but are leaving right away.
Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
Studio

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Would you know of a magical button somewhere that could bring these sims to life?

Be still my heart! :heart:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi :)

Awesome pictures! I love the beach worlds... and pretty much all the worlds. :lol:

I'm just going to have to ask- do you have any lighting mods? It's just I haven't been in that world in a long while but the Sims seem so crisp, too. I must know, if you don't mind. :)
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Awesome pictures! I love the beach worlds... and pretty much all the worlds. :lol:

I'm just going to have to ask- do you have any lighting mods? It's just I haven't been in that world in a long while but the Sims seem so crisp, too. I must know, if you don't mind. :)

@Rflong7 Hey! I am using Awesomesims HQ mod, but I don't turn it onto VERY HIGH for gameplay/pose pics. So this would be akin to VERY HIGH without HQ mod (my shadows and tree details are at like... medium) and also edge smoothing has to be on the highest. I do also use Brntwaffles environmental lighting, which just changes the day length and sky (more intense colours, more colourful sky/night sky/etc.). I do use Buhudains 'you are real' default specular, but that more just changes the detail of the skin in certain lighting conditions.

Completely unedited image (sorry I thought this was the same as above, but its from a bit earlier):
    26593404756_7aaa7524db_o.jpg

I tried to use Brntwaffles sweetfx once, but it didn't work for me. I think part of the reason why it looks so crisp is because the skins are so detailed, edge smoothing is maxed, sim detail is very high, and then the image is resized smaller than the actual game, so it gives it an even smoother look.

Studio
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks! I didn't know about either "Awesomesims HQ mod" or "Buhudains 'you are real' default specular." Interesting... I like messing with ini files for longer days and sometimes sharper lights.
  • Options
    @Gaiahypothesis Oh my!! Great job on you making Nick from Fear The Walking Dead.Looks just like him.He is in the pic you just posted above.

Frank Dillane

tumblr_inline_o3n3veYpVf1tbceno_500_zpsohfbxcz6.gif

@CravenLestat OMG that's too funny! I had no idea. I don't even know who I modelled his face after... he ended up looking a bit Keanu to me, unintentionally. I specifically made him FOR that hair. Because it sits weird, so on a regular sim the hair doesn't work. I just wanted to use it sooo bad.

@Emily4331 LOL I know right? I wish I had the 'Make it real' button!!! I might be overrun though.

@Rflong7 Must be because you were spending your time making awesome worlds. ;) (p.s. I luuuurve Industrial Island)
    Studio
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lovely pictures of a lovely world <3
    And there's something about your sims, amazing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Thanks! I didn't know about either "Awesomesims HQ mod" or "Buhudains 'you are real' default specular." Interesting... I like messing with ini files for longer days and sometimes sharper lights.

@Rflong7 I totally realized that I lied terribly about the HQ mod. LOL its Sims3legacies. (rolling eyes at self) I don't know what I was thinking. I might have temporarily lost my mind when I wrote that. Sorry! You may now call me 'liar liar pants on fire'.
    Studio
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Sunlit Tides will forever and always be my favorite world <3 Gorgeous photos. Awesome sims. Le sigh. Now, if I could just LIVE there :D
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I love Sunlit Tides. My main game w/ my main Sims is in ST <3 .
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Wow those landscape pictures are gorgeous! I'll have to try to get some like that in my game. Love the lighting too
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.