Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MAKING OF A PRINCESS ~a Selection Challenge || FINALE!!!! Up Now!

KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
Hi one and all!

Welcome to the 1st ever Selection Challenge! The Prince of Windenburg is looking for his new bride from amongst 18 lucky ladies. The rules for 'The Selection Challenge' can be found here if you are interested in starting your own or following along with my story/challenge!

~*~
Chapter Menu

And if you haven't read the books the numbers the girls are referred by are Castes/Classes {Upper Class, Middle Class, Lower Class) and Castes/Classes are defined like this:
  1. Royalty - Those born in the Royal Blood Line ||Prince Julius||
  2. Upper Class - Celebrities such as Film Stars, Models, Television Presenters, Guards and Wealthy Business Men/Women.
  3. Middle Class - Professionals such as: Teachers, Doctors, Writers and Scientists.
  4. Lower Middle Class - Farmers, Factory Workers, Regular Business Men and Women.
  5. Lower Class - Creative Professionals such as Artists, Singers or Stage Actors.
  6. Lower Class - Jobs which serve such as: Maids, Wait-Staff, Seamstresses, Secretaries.
  7. Lower Class - Manual Labourers such as: Gardeners, Construction Workers, Farm Hands.
  8. Homeless - These people are considered untouchables. They have no job or have become 8's by way of shame or punishment.

So without further ado....
Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
Post edited by Kamio on

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited April 2018
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Making of a Princess
    a Selection Challenge
    ~*~

vFJc2iL.png

"Welcome to another wonderful night here in Windenburg.

I'm Walsh Cunningham and you are watching The Report."

anFQyOW.png

"I am here tonight with his Royal Highness Prince Julius on the cusp of one of the most exciting events of this generation.

The Selection Challenge has been near and dear to us all in Simtopia since the birth of this country. It's how our very own Queen Natalia came to the throne and influenced our culture for the better bringing us art galleries in every province.

Yes, in just a few short days The Selection Challenge Lottery will be drawn and 18 luck ladies' lives will change forever. They will come to the palace all hoping for a chance to win our fair Prince's heart and become our new Princess.

Your Royal Highness would you like to come and join me?"

NtodJLt.png

The report faded out for a moment and the camera's went dull.

Here goes nothing!

With resolve Prince Julius walked forward and joined Walsh Cunningham on the stage.

" Our Prince ladies and gentlemen...." Walsh Cunningham announced with a smile offering the prince a wave in greeting.

PLboDqX.png

"Now tell me, how are you feeling this evening. In just a few short days your home is going to be overrun with beautiful women."

"Haha! Yes. It's a little daunting," Julius laughed light heartedly, "All the arrangements are in the place, but I don't know if anyone can really prepare for something like this."

"Aah, yes." Walsh smiled, "It will be an experience for us all. How do you feel about meeting these ladies from all over Simtopia?"

GVoZBS2.png

"To be honest Walsh, I'm a little nervous. I already live with 2 women (his mother and sister) I can't imagine what it will be like once there are 20 under the same roof!"

"What are you saying?" Walsh turned an overly dramatic look of shock on his face, "Are the Queen and Princess driving you crazy?"

"Haha, no!" Prince Julius laughed, shaking his head. Walsh was always such a charasmatic man, he knew how to make things look good for the camera.

"Just that it's going to take some getting used to. This isn't a normal way of dating. Or have you had 18 women fighting over you before?"

NRpzu8i.png"Ha!" Walsh cried, "One can wish. Now Julius, the entire country is tuned in, possibly even some of the women who will become a part of The Selection Challenge. Is there anything that you want to say?"  The prince glanced down and thought quietly for a moment. He would meet 18 women very soon and all of them would have their own story, their own past and every single one of them would be different. What was he looking for? He didn't know, but he did hope that they would...  "Be yourself and stay true to what is important to you."v0aJdLm.png

Walsh raised his eyebrows, stunned, "Those are quiet a group of words Your highness." Walsh licked his lips and regained his composure, he was conducting the report after all. His winning smile came back and he turned to the camera "Well ladies there you have it. Be yourself. We'll see you next week at 7pm.

I'm Walsh Cunningham and you're watching The Report."

F1jamde.png

~*~

It didn't take long for the recording studio to break out in a flurry of activity as the cameras turned off and Prince Julius slipped away with ease. He had always enjoyed his stolen moments of peace and quiet.

Gz3hUJR.png

How much longer would they last now that the palace walls would soon be overflowing with women wanting his undivided attention? Would he ever find someone that he wanted to spend that quiet time with?

iz77gDO.png

Uoe9XJa.png

Prince Julius found himself sitting on his favourite bench out in the garden. He'd always come here to think. It was true, he couldn't deny it any longer. Soon he would be taking on the crown from his father and he did want someone to rule beside him, a partner to stand strong with him and be his safe haven from the disturbances in the provinces and weighty pressure of his station and this was how it was done.

Uoe9XJa.png

18 girls would enter. Only 1 would stay. Just who would she be?
    Post edited by Kamio on
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited April 2016
    YAY! Very impressed with the quality and editing of your pictures! Great writing! :o<3

<3 Princess Prism ftw! Go, Go princess unibrow! :p
    (Or at least run amok you weird beauty! :D )
    @DarciTheFox - Thank you! I am a little bit of a Photoshop fanatic! I kept Prim's unibrow btw. She is such a great character! I had all the girls gathered for the next chapter and she was standing in the corner waving her arms and having a moment. I giggled :wink:

@Sterretjeee - I wasn't sure if he'd be everybody's type so that makes me happy! Haha! I didn't know that you had a Legacy :open_mouth: (well 2)! This is what happens when you visit the forums on mobile. I miss seeing all of these wonderful stories people have. *runs off to bookmark and read*
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Wow. This is great. I have lots of confidence in you.

PRINCESS SKYE OR AUTUMN FOR THE WIN!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ahhh!! I'm fangirling! I want to submit one of my models, too...maybe two of my models! I'm so excited about this challenge!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited April 2016
    @Irishsong - Aaaaah! Thank you :smiley: I am loving this so far! I already have the next chapter sorted...kind of.

@pammiechick - hee hee! Thank you! I responded in my other thread but I'd love another submission :smiley: I'm closing submissions tomorrow! Eep! But I can wait. I'll just sneak her in :wink:
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh, what a looker he is! *swoon* I hope my Valentina reconsiders her priorities a little when she meets him in person and shows her nicer side. :smile: Can't wait to see the interviews with the girls!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited April 2016
    Kamio wrote: »
    @DarciTheFox - Thank you! I am a little bit of a Photoshop fanatic! I kept Prim's unibrow btw. She is such a great character! I had all the girls gathered for the next chapter and she was standing in the corner waving her arms and having a moment. I giggled. ;)

Hahahahaha! She's gonna be a fun one. I love her already! I can't wait to see how differently she reacts compared to the other girls with her oddball and insane traits.

I think she's gonna be a funny, strange girl. :D

Yay! Yeah, you have to keep Prism's unibrow! Super important for her. Please make sure she has it for ALL her looks if I missed any. Thank you! Super, super important for her. My weird little unibrow princess. :D<3

Thank you!

Lol the Prince is gonna be shocked that they let this girl through the doors. :p "Be yourself..." bahahahaha! He doesn't know what he's getting into saying a thing like that to Prism. Gonna be a fun spectacle.

Excited to see your next (1st!) official chapter for the selection process. <3
    Post edited by DarciTheFox on
    Maybe in the first post or something you could make a compiled list of the all the contestants and their current status? Such as active or kicked off?

It would be nice to be able to see all the contestants and their original profiles to be able to browse through all the girls easily, read their profiles and get to know their backgrounds. (If there was no submitted picture, maybe take a few quick flattering snaps and add them for flair?)

Maybe you could do it in the casting thread on the first post? I think somewhere in this thread would be nice, but the casting thread would be good too. No need to do this, just a thought! Also will new updates be posted in this thread or on a blog? This will be fun!
    I really wish I could have posted pictures of my two, but I don't have full membership yet (feel free to like ALL of my posts. ;) ) I really like your idea ^
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited April 2016
    @Irishsong @DarciTheFox -. I've done a before and after shoot of all of the girls. Original outfits have been kept coz I plan for the girls to wear those when they aren't hanging with the prince! I'm planning on featuring 6 girls each chapter or at least rotating through a few of the girls each update.

I'm currently debating how I'm going to add the details of the contestants. I'll think of something creative! Probs when I "announce" who was drawn in the lottery. And I'm going to do an Americas Next Top Model inspired picture of all of the girls and remove girls as they are eliminated :smile:
  • Oh my goodness I love The Selection series! I can't wait to see the simified version of it; Julius reminds me a lot of Maxon so far :)
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Julius is so cute and so is Walsh!
    edited May 2016
    Walsh reminds me of the actor who plays Four in Divergent.
    Post edited by Irishsong on
    jzZP0sJ.png
    *shop = who.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Walsh reminds me of the actor shop plays Four in Divergent.

You are right! Theo James
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I downloaded him off the gallery @kingkong192- he is based off Thei James! I don't have a clue who created him though! I used to update an Amazon story that he features in but I'm giving it a miss in terms of updating on my gameplay on the forums I'm 3 generations ahead of my thread :smiley:

I just had to have him back!

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yay!! I hope Sapphire makes it in!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited April 2018
    Introducing the lucky ladies chosen from all over Simtopia and perhaps even a little further :wink: !

Hopefully you all like the way that I've done it! Apologies for any spelling mistakes. I'm exhausted and didn't check for edits. I've already spotted one on Skye Hopes bio and I plummed up the spelling of Windenburg a few times Haha! . I will fix them up after I post the first chapter (which should be in a fewish hours) :blush:

TrvrhEa.png

beBlUGu.png
    0T3wVhs.png
    yvtYd5k.png
    JAjzu7s.png
    Yo7nhmA.png
    5TEZQiS.png
    Post edited by Kamio on
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @Kamio You put so much work in this. Admirable. This challenge is going to be awesome, because you're obviously having lots of fun doing it. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow! All those girls are gorgeous! Excited to see what happens!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited April 2018
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter 1
    And So It Begins
    ~*~

The Palace loomed before the Selected Girls. Most stood in awe of the grandeur, others hungrily drunk in every detail of their new home.

zY6h7qx.png

"Off to the left please and through the side door," one of the guards offered as the girls faltered on the footsteps of the palace grounds.

It must be a servants entrance Ella thought following the other girls through a dimly lit doorway to what must have been a multi-purpose room.

zPzfM42.png

The young woman glanced around completely amazed at the opulence of the place. She'd seen her fair share of grand ballrooms and elegant state functions but this was insane! A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips and she realised for the first time just how lucky she really was. Nearly every girl over seventeen years old had put their name into the Selection Lottery and out of thousands of girls she was one of the lucky eighteen who's name had been drawn.

t6rldvQ.png

Ella had been at work at the time, to busy tending to her patients to watch the mid-week report that announced the winners of The Selection Lottery. The odds that she would actually be chosen were so small it barely seemed worthwhile making the effort to sneak it in between patients.

Ella had set her TV at home to record the program anyway and she had every intention of going home late the next morning, collapsing on the couch, putting her aching feet up and tucking into her dinner while she caught a glimpse of the winners...

1EF3FxD.png

...so when an excited nurse had come peeling into the room practically screaming her head off and launching herself at Ella in congratulations she had almost died from shock.

WpSYM8c.png

That had barely been 72 hours ago and Ella thought that she had done a pretty good job at staying with it throughout the flurry of activity that had followed. She was wearing her lucky little black dress after all. It was her secret weapon...not that she had much use for it these days (or ever!).

"Hurry up ladies!" A curt voice called, "You are late and we don't have any time to waste."

Ella jumped a little, laughing at herself getting lost in thought. Ella glanced around at the other girls who were making their way towards six separate cloth covered tables. They were stark and gave her the vague impression of a hair dressing studio. Where these makeup stations?

"This is what I am talking about. You my friend, have style."

Gns9fGC.png

Ella looked up and found herself staring at a woman with a shock of blue hair and faltered. She'd recognise that woman anywhere. She was Serena Macintyre the VOICE of the fashion world.

"What is your name sweet cheeks?" Serena asked smiling brightly.

"Um, uh..." Ella shook her head completely star struck, "Ella. My name is Ella."

BgkXWnJ.png

"Good, good." she mused busying herself as she scrutinized Ella's makeup, "A little too much blush," she muttered and practically produced a brush from thin air before sweeping over Ella's cheeks.

"There," Serena pulled back and smiled at her handy work, "Much better! Go a little lighter next time. I'll let your maids know."

Serena flicked through a clipboard, clearly off in her own little world, "I like this black dress," she added not even looking up. Ella stared in complete and utter shock, she'd handled the utter insanity of packing up her life to move to the palace really well but this was insane! What kind of crazy world was this where Serena Macintyre made the time to advise her on her makeup and wardrobe?

"Right." Serena flicked the clipboard closed with a snap, "I'll have my people touch up your hair a bit and you are good to go."

Zys0l6r.png

And with that she turned at walked away.

This was completely ridiculously and Ella was loving every minute of it!

~*~

Skye settled into a seat as what liked like the last girl from the first group of Selection winners ushered into the multipurpose hall was finishing up.

DqJYQo7.png

"Thank you so much Serena. I love you!" the girl gushed and rushed from the room with an obvious excitement to her gait. Skye guessed that she had just had an overhall. Skye knew everything that there was too know about the Selection, not because she was obsessed, but because it had been a fantastic way to distract herself from the jumble of nerves in the pit of stomach. Nerves, that had refused to leave from the very moment that her name had been drawn.

Khrzv3a.png

"Ok, come on ladies! Seats please!" Skye guessed that the blue haired women meant one of the six makeup chairs before them and she rushed forwards filling an empty space immediately.

xcan8dW.png

"This is amazing!" she gushed at her neighbour...

Ufq6E1o.png

....a girl with what she believed to be Asian ancestry who ignored her completely. Did she turn her back ever so slightly to Skye or did she just imagine that? Skye was taken back. Whoa, Seriously? What was her problem?

Skye shrugged her shoulders, it really wasn't worth getting hung up over. Apparently some of the girls were taking this whole competition thing a little too seriously. Were they even going to meet the prince today?

lCV0BqM.png

Skye turned around in her seat looking for some sort of time reference and found a big white grandfather clock standing off to one side on the other side of the room. It was too far away for her to read the time but it was well past midday and seeing how long it was taking for the flurry of people to get through the first girl she guessed it wasn't going to happen today. What was her name again? Dominique? Eh, it was something like that anyway.

MBCeKUG.png

Skye knew the second girl in the line more than she'd like to. Ariana was a snotty nosed rich girl who had been infuriatingly self-centred in their five minutes of conversation. Ariana had never wanted for anything, where as Skye... she never had the luxury of wants, it was hard enough to meet her needs.

Ariana had gone on and on about her philanthropic activities like it made her qualify as the Queen already. It was pretty clear to Skye that Ariana genuinely thought that she was amazing for taking the time to help those 'less fortunate than her.' It had taken every single ounce of her strength to bite her tongue. Did Ariana even realise who she was talking too?

Skye might look she was doing well enough for herself but she had spent the better part of her life on the streets.

Skye sighed heavily in frustration as she watched the blue haired woman talking animatedly with Ariana. They were getting along like a house on fire. Ugh!

It looked like she would be waiting even longer than she thought.

GkishSC.png

~*~

The girls streamed through one after the other. It was a bit of hair primping here, a bit of hair fluffing there and a bit of makeup touched up everywhere.

There had been a few of the girls who hadn't know that they should have dressed up a little nicer for the occasion and others who couldn't afford to dress better than they had.

If was frustrating to some degree but truth be told, there was nothing that Serena loved more than to watch their faces light up as they realised just how good they scrubbed up.

So it really shouldn't have been surprising that Serena found herself focusing on one rather unique specimen that had swept into the room with the last group of girls.

SX7xDeP.png

"Welcome ladies!" Serena called studying herself in a passing mirror and pushing a stray strand of her electric blue hair back into palce, "I am Serena Macintyre -famous celebrity stylist- and it is my job to make you shine from here on out. Before you all head on over to your chairs I have got to know..."

Serena glanced at Prism trying be light-hearted, she knew this girl was a little uncouth -I mean the girl was wearing short shorts to a palace - but a unibrow? Seriously?

"What is going on with that brow of yours sweet?"

SVHHDzC.png

The girl crossed her arms and glared up at her defiantly.

"Yeh ain't touchin' it!" she drawled, "This weren't my idea."

snC1REN.png

Serena raised one of her two very seperate brows. Ha! There was always one.

"Ok," Serena held up her hands in truce, "I can work with that, but we have got to work on your look."

"What's wrong with me look?" the girl asked indignant, "This was me plummin' cousin's idea. I ain't changing me style for some stuck up high whatsit!"

FQgzdFz.png

"Yes..." Serena spoke over her, "...you are."

~*~

Needless to say the two compromised.

TlyoIAW.png

"I told you, you'd look fantastic." Serena smirked rather impressed with her efforts.

"I look like a gigantic kiwi fruit is what," The girl pronounced eying herself in the mirror thoroughly unimpressed.

Serena bit her tongue and smacked her lips instead. Ugh!

3nWqppO.png

The girl pulled at the dress, "This is plumming awful. You fancied up ladies are nuts if you wear this everyday. I'm taking it off as soon as I leave."

"No, ya' ain't." Serena snapped rolling her eyes at herself for mimicing the girls drawl. "Ugh!" she cried "Just following the other's please before I say something I'll regret."

The girl scoffed and walked away muttering beneath her breath. Serena didn't catch what the girl had said but she was pretty sure that it was something along the lines of "You'll regret this," and "Just you wait, ya' plummin' kiwi fruit stylist."

aF2raNm.png

This was going to be one heck of a Selection!

~*~

I apologise for this chapter being so long! They will get shorter and feature 1-2 girls instead of 3 once things get going.

Post edited by Kamio on
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Dear, you should never apologize for a long chapter if it's as amazing as this one! I really love how you introduce these girls to us, giving them all the attention they deserve. It's super sweet! I can't wait to learn more about the other girls :blush: