Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else as into Roaring Heights as I am?

I absolutely love the town. It's where I play the most. I used to only play in Bridgeport and Sunset Valley but now the majority of my time is in Roaring Heights. I like how there are plenty of lots big enough to place large houses, there's still a "city" feel to the central part of town in case I wanted to build townhouses/apartments and a there is a beachy area.

I also love the 20s/30s-ish theme. It's definitely my favorite world.

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    It is very pretty, I like the layout, and even the community graveyard lot is nice.

What I don't like is the grass.. small complaint. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I love the style of buildings, put them all into other worlds though.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I love the style. I'm a total art deco geek, and I love the time period. I just don't play it as often as I want because I need special sims to play it...I don't allow modern sims in my Roaring Heights lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2016
    RodJohn wrote: »
    I absolutely love the town. It's where I play the most. I used to only play in Bridgeport and Sunset Valley but now the majority of my time is in Roaring Heights. I like how there are plenty of lots big enough to place large houses, there's still a "city" feel to the central part of town in case I wanted to build townhouses/apartments and a there is a beachy area.

I also love the 20s/30s-ish theme. It's definitely my favorite world.

I agree <3 and the townies are really good too.Majority based on real life Iconic people,movie stars and sports legends and even gangsters.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I adore the roaring 20s, so I love Roaring Heights! I haven't played it in awhile, though. Been playing Monte Vista since I never played it much when I first got it.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is a great town. I plan to move my boys (and their cat) there after they finish University. Love the South Beach Art Deco style.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    It's a beautiful world! I played in it for a few weeks when it came out. That's where I played with the Daycare profession for the first time. #FunTimes
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I personally think that it is the best of the TS3 EA made worlds :smile:

I noticed that as time went on, they improved the worlds they made a lot, but then again by that point they where competing against the CAW worlds being made by players :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    @phoebebebe13 plays in Roaring Heights. o:)

I much prefer Monte Vista (haven't bought Roaring Heights... Possibly in the future I will.); Monte Vista is a superior world. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I find it very beautiful. I'm a fan of the roaring 20s or anything from that era so it was definitely a good choice for me. Especially after I bought the jazz age DLC from the store.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I find it very beautiful. I'm a fan of the roaring 20s or anything from that era so it was definitely a good choice for me. Especially after I bought the jazz age DLC from the store.

The Ragtime in the Big Easy clothing set is perfect or it, too. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I'm not a big fan of the world layout and the tall buildings, but I love the period it is set in, and the clothes and hair are amazing. One of my favourite families is from Roaring Heights (the Morgans).
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    I love Roaring Heights. The layout is especially nice, as is the size of the world. I also like it with the Boardwalk venue on the beach!
    My main family is based out of Roaring Heights with some family moved courtesy of Nraas Traveler mod to Midnight Hollow.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Gee whiz, you guys are starting to tempt me. If I were to buy Roaring Heights now, would I have to have the 1.69 patch? 'Cause ain't no way I'm getting that. Thanks!

I'd also like to see some screenshots from your Roaring Heights game if anyone wants to post some.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I love it.
    I am playing the results of my Bachelor challenge there as my sim and his new wife settle in.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13006860/#Comment_13006860
    Screenshot-270.jpg

I placed the amusement park there, but eventually took it and put in a vacation resort where one of the challenges dates happened.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I just started a game with a brother & sister family. (Because of this post.) I wanted them to be daycare workers. I spent all they had on their house. They had 23 simoleans left. Neither had gotten a job yet. I looked EVERYWHERE in the town for a pc to get the job. The library had 0 pc's. Really. Every lot I checked didn't have computers. I gave them a kaching for a desk. chair and pc. I had to. Are the sims there technophobes or what?
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    I just started a game with a brother & sister family. (Because of this post.) I wanted them to be daycare workers. I spent all they had on their house. They had 23 simoleans left. Neither had gotten a job yet. I looked EVERYWHERE in the town for a pc to get the job. The library had 0 pc's. Really. Every lot I checked didn't have computers. I gave them a kaching for a desk. chair and pc. I had to. Are the sims there technophobes or what?

Roaring Heights time period is the 1920's they didn't have computers then
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    I've been thinking about buying it, I love the CAS stuff and the fact that some of the Capp's returned really made me think about it.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Gee whiz, you guys are starting to tempt me. If I were to buy Roaring Heights now, would I have to have the 1.69 patch? 'Cause ain't no way I'm getting that. Thanks!

No time to post pics but I can verify you don't have to have 1.69. You download it from the store and install through the launcher. :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I have Roaring Heights but haven't played a game there yet. If I do I will probably play it as modern day Miami and remove all the EA pre-made characters from the '20s and '30s. I've only ever visited Miami Beach, South Beach and the airport so don't know how down town Miami actually looks. I will probably research before tweaking the world. I like playing in a city sometimes so I think it will be fun.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have to say that out of all of the premade worlds, Roaring Heights is their finest! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • VeronicaForCubaVeronicaForCuba Posts: 78 Member
    I am absolutely in love with this world! I adore that art-deco style, it has a great 1920s/1930s vibe, and I'm a big fan of that Miami look, beach promenade, neon colours and swimmimg pools and fountains... Everything is just perfect. It's probably my most favourite world.
    I enjoyed playing with pre-made families but of course I have created my own as well, but I was never "brave" enough to try to build a house because I have always been afraid of "ruining" that great look of the world...
    I think it's really, really great for people who like this historical era or are simply fans of themed worlds. I enjoyed everything connected with the town/world - the buildings, the map, the colour of sea and lakes, and also the clothing. The only thing that was annoying for me was that the new sims that appear in the town didn't always have that "appropriate style" :) But anyway, it's one of my favourite worlds for the sims 3 ever.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can you go inside Roaring Heights's buildings like in Late Night?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    I am absolutely in love with this world! I adore that art-deco style, it has a great 1920s/1930s vibe, and I'm a big fan of that Miami look, beach promenade, neon colours and swimmimg pools and fountains... Everything is just perfect. It's probably my most favourite world.
    I enjoyed playing with pre-made families but of course I have created my own as well, but I was never "brave" enough to try to build a house because I have always been afraid of "ruining" that great look of the world...
    I think it's really, really great for people who like this historical era or are simply fans of themed worlds. I enjoyed everything connected with the town/world - the buildings, the map, the colour of sea and lakes, and also the clothing. The only thing that was annoying for me was that the new sims that appear in the town didn't always have that "appropriate style" :) But anyway, it's one of my favourite worlds for the sims 3 ever.

I built a house for that lot next to the Dandy mansion, and I think it turned out pretty well!

Take a look: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884928/my-take-on-newports-the-elms

If you like it, its up in my studio!
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I love the world!! It's so beautiful and the roaring 20's are one of my favorite eras ever!! (hellllloooo Gatsby!!!!!)