Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidlerten's Showcase

fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
Hey Guys,

Some of you might remember me from Sims 3. I'm starting a showcase thread for my creations. I've built a handful of lots since my late start in TS4 a few weeks ago.

I do want you to know that I am always open to critique, so don't be afraid to be honest, as I always was back on TS3 hosting my thread "Showcasing Your Lots Workshop". I'll be looking forward to hearing not only your compliments but anything else you'd like to add. That's how we always grow, by listening.

I will start off with a house I just completed and later I'll show new ones and perhaps add the ones I've already completed.

Craytown Modern is a Innovative, stylish small home with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a pool, Jacuzzi, and a cookout area out back.

[url="https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D834B708031311E68D00A901A55F213A?[/url]

Photos:
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-15-12nbspAM_zpsuf1hxma6.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-15-36nbspAM_zpsltt1sn1k.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-56-40nbspAM_zps6ctwti3y.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-56-33nbspAM_zpst5gaqcba.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-56-23nbspAM_zpsm1y8c1us.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_11-41-23nbspAM_zpsku7mrc6y.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_11-41-36nbspAM_zpsblp0whvn.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_11-42-26nbspAM_zpsgqvvobhq.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_11-45-48nbspAM_zpsy222n4x6.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_11-42-04nbspAM_zpsrzsgoayx.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_11-41-47nbspAM_zpsebaewu3i.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_9-20-06nbspPM_zpsw6rhdxay.png
[img][/img]04-13-16_9-19-57nbspPM_zpse4ym2jdh.png
[img][/img]04-14-16_8-38-24nbspAM_zpsiskac878.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-16-55nbspAM_zps287opcbk.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-17-02nbspAM_zpstthgvdjw.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-16-17nbspAM_zpsrnf1mntm.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-16-24nbspAM_zpswigoivy3.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-16-31nbspAM_zpslgovwfhb.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-16-37nbspAM_zpslycfdr1n.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-17-30nbspAM_zpsk8ihcdiu.png
[img][/img]04-15-16_9-17-51nbspAM_zpsma5ctbmb.png
Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Very interesting roofline! :) I also like the kitchen and dining area a lot and the patio. Would like to have seen overhead shots of each floor to get a better idea of the layout and flow. And I do remember you from TS3!
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    @StSciurus Thanks. I do suppose you can see those layouts with the Gallery photos included with the upload. I didn't change the photos as now Maxi has made those photos show as CC.

But then, doesn't matter much anymore as now the only way anyone will stumble upon any uploads you have in the Gallery is that they have to have the forethought to uncheck Maxi's Curated selection. So guys like me are lucky to get even a handful of downloads.

Thanks Maxi! We know you always have all of your customers interests in mind when you do things like that.

Anyway, I appreciate you stopping by my thread St Sciurus and I'm glad to know you remember me from TS3.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Craytown Modern is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing is very nice! The types of and placement of the windows in the build looks nice. The plants, flowers and rock beds in the front area of the home and on the edges of the front and back porches look very nice! The outdoors dining, hot tub and pool back patio is very nice. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food in the sunshine at the dining table. They will have fun swimming in the natural pool or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub.. Nice upper balcony. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice. The blue colour of the curtains and floor rug and the white colour of the seating complements well together. It looks nice how the armchairs are angled either sides of the sofa. Sims will enjoy resting there watching tv, reading a book from the bookcase, listening to music from the stereo and chatting. It looks great that the tv is angled into the corner. The flowers are a pretty touch on the coffee table. They will have fun playing chess on the chess table. Nice corner study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. The curtained windows look very nice in the room. Sims will enjoy looking at the outdoors views through the windows. Very nice design of the kitchen. The wall tiling looks nice. It looks great how the cabinets are placed there to create the fridge nook. It looks great that a half wall separates off the dining area. The dining alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst eating their meals. The flowers are nice touches on the wall and table top. Nice music nook beside the staircase. Sims will enjoy playing the piano there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The blue and brown colour schemes of the rooms look very nice. Nice sitting areas in the bedrooms for sims to enjoy resting on the sofa or in the armchairs. The shoes rack is a homely touch there and the yellow flowers look sunny. The scenic wall picture is calming for the sims to look at. The type and placemebt of the curtains in the rooms of the home looks very nice!
    The home is very nice :)
    @rosemow, and you're very nice to give such detailed review of my upload. Thank you immensely.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hey Fid, I do not know if you remember me. I used to regularly post my builds in your workshop thread and you always gave me helpful tips for building. I miss your monthly building challenge that you used to host for sims 3. Had great fun! :D

Good to see you building for sims 4. Pretty house. Have to follow you in the gallery. :)
    @yanti68, Hmm, now who could that be? :* I'm teasing. Of course I remember you. Gosh, it's good to hear from you, and thanks a bunch.

I'm afraid I've started too late over here and I'm feeling like a newbie wet behind the ears. My projects get little attention as it's not the same as TS2, being that the gurus have it set up so that only the Maxi curated lots get shown unless you have the forethought to uncheck their little box. Such a nice thing for them to do. :D

Do you have a thread of your own now I can visit to see your work? Please share.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    What a beautiful house! It's wonderful to see you're still building :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    It's lovely to meet you Fidlerten! I love the roof lines and window placement on Craytown Modern. The patio is gorgeous and the interiors are warm and welcoming. :blush:
    Thanks @GreenCats I appreciate the nice compliment.
    It's always nice to have a fan @EuphorialQueen. You've been so supportive. Thanks a bunch.
    Thanks @WrathofCath , it's also nice to meet you too. I'm happy you like my house.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Fid great to see you showcasing your builds here :) I love the easy play layout of your modern build the welcoming front veranda with room to stop and watch the world go by.
    One of the thing I remember you for (besides how helpful you were to other simmers at the TS3 forums) was your decor especially your rugs, the Ctrl F cheat we still have, although as yet we do not have a large choice of carpets. Have a great day Folly :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @fidlerten - Ah nice to know that you do remember me. It's been a long time after all. How are you finding sims 4? The gallery in the game is not the same as the exchange and it is impossible to find builds if you do not know the origin/EA id of the builder/creator. I see that you have found my showcase thread. Thanks for the generous comments. Is your EA id/ Origin id fidlerten? Have to look you up in the gallery. :)
    @follyfoot Thanks for the nice detailed compliments on the house. I almost forgot about making those rugs. I remember I even had a slideshow set up to show the different designs you could make. And yes your right, they don't have rugs much at all. I've only got two and with limited colors. I don't know what's up with that. I'm also surprised by the limited color selection with a lot of the floor tiles and other things too.

I am combining area rugs for some things, but there's a limit to what you can do with that. I will be coming out with a new modern soon that will make this one look like a piece of cake in comparison. It's quite a piece of work I'm in the middle of, so look for that in perhaps a week.

I'm glad to know some simmers remember me. I shouldn't have waited so long to get involved in the new game. Thanks again!
    @yanti68 yes it's the same as always. I kind of wish I had created a new I.D. and hid who I originally was so perhaps I'd have a chance to finally get fav'd by the gurus, but it's too late for that now. TS5, whenever it finally gets here, I'm going to use a new username, email everything and see if I can't get treated like everyone else. Would be nice.

I did find your thread but I could not find your house as there was no link. I went to your page but there didn't seem to be a way to follow you on that page. I know there is if I can find a piece of your work, but things are certainly confusing here. It almost seems they want you to have a difficult time with finding what you're looking for, unless it's one of their "curated" favs. I just don't get these people at all.

I love the game and the building is fun, though limited on some things. I don't seem to have as much difficulty playing the game as I did with TS3, with my computer messing up all the time. That's one of the reason I was slow getting on with this game because I didn't want another Sims game overworking my graphics card and processor. That doesn't seem to be the case as much at least with TS4. That's one positive note.

I'd love to follow your work so if you can show me how to do that, that would be great.
    Here is my newest project,

Estopia Modern

And here is the link to the slideshow: Estopia Modern Slideshow

And one photo of the front of the house:

[img][/img]04-20-16_10-54-37nbspAM_zps7tu5l4ad.png
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Great modern Fib, love the use of earthy tones to highlight the architecture and the roof line. :) The landscaping suits it perfectly with the long grass and prominently white flowers. :) Folly
    Thanks @EuphorialQueen, I always appreciate your loyal following. I'm glad you like it.
    @follyfoot, Thank you for the nice compliments.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Estopia Modern is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks very nice! The types and placement of the plants and flowers in the outdoors areas looks nice. They look nice lining the edges of the front pathway. Very nice water fountain and lilypad pond features in the front and back areas of the build! The rocks look great edging the water. Very nice outdoors dining, living and pool back patio! The shape of the pool looks great! Nice sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy chatting there in the outdoors air. It looks nice how the glass walls are placed there to create the nook. The sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them in the sunshine at the dining table. The patio ground texture gives a great look to the area. The hot nook is nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. The glass fenced plants feature looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour schemes look very nice. The sitting room is very nice. The sofas look nice how they are placed back to back with the table between them. The candles and flowers are nice touches on the table. The perfect patio wall decor looks very nice how it is placed on the walls. The glass windows display with the plants and fountain looks so very nice! Very nice open plan layout of the living , kitchen and dining room areas. It looks nice the way that the sofas and armchairs are placed in a u shape. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there,watching tv , reading a book and listening to the piano music being played. The floor patterning looks very nice. The descending levels placement of the log themed wall decor in the dining area looks nice. Very nice design of the kitchen! The island sink counter is great. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors through the windows whilst cooking meals. The bar stool counter is nice for sims to sit on the stools and eat a meal. Very nice upper balcony chess, bar counter and sitting area. The drinks display shelves look great on the bar wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools or sofas having a drink from the bar and a chat. The windows look nice how they are placed on the corner walls. Sims will have fun playing chess at the chess table. The black marble tiled walls in the bathroom look very nice! It is great that there is an indoor gym and hot tub room in the home. Sims will like using the fitness equipment to keep fit. Very nice sofa seat reading nook. Sims will enjoy sitting there quietly reading a book from the bookcase. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The brown/green, blue and pink colour schemes look very nice. The shoes racks are nice home touches in the rooms. It looks nice the way the sofa is angled into the corner in each of the bedrooms. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there. The pink bedroom is very pretty! The heart teddy is very cute there! Very nice games room for sims to have fun playing the llama tabletop game, foosball or video games in the cubes. The music themed pictures look very nice on the walls and complement with the floor rug and walls. Very nice layout and futhishing of the red and black bedroom! The bar, and the tv watching areas look great in the room!
    It is a very nice home! :)
    edited April 2016
    That's so very nice of you @rosemow to give such wonderful complimentary descriptions of my house. Thanks. I did find a few things I either messed up on or should have done. For one thing, in the play room, I accidentally duplicated the music themed paintings. I was suppose to use another painting instead. I could have used bar stools for the bar in the red & black bedroom, and I was going to add a computer to the game room desk and forgot to.

Still, I enjoyed building it and that's what matters. I do appreciate your attention to detail, thanks again!
    Post edited by fidlerten on
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Good to have you back @fidlerten. Your thread in TS3 was so helpful to me. I learned so much from both you and everyone that participated. We had a critique thread going in this forum at one point, but unfortunately, it fell off the radar. Glad you're having fun with TS4; there are some things that drive me crazy with it, but I think overall, it's a step in the right direction when it comes to build mode. I like your builds so far and am looking forward to seeing more from you. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations