Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Rafael be a girl name?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
I made a sim who was male first. I randomized his name (Rafael) but decided to make him a girl instead. Forgot to change the name and now she's Rafael.
I wouldn't like to change her name unless it's too weird. :D
What would be a girl version of the name? Or a nickname?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    A nickname could be Rafie. I think it could be a girls name, with the right store. Maybe she was named after a deceased father or uncle or grandfather.... a close family friend who died tragically. And they call her Rafie for short. Or even Rae.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I call my Sims whatever names appeal to me at a given time. And I always play with girls, so they end up with odd names sometimes. But it's my game, and Sims themselves don't care what you call them.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Can't say I've ever heard of it used as girl's name, I don't know that it would be that huge of a deal. Lots of girls have a boy's name and that seems to be becoming an increasingly common thing. I'm not really much into male names for girls myself, but I don't really have issue with it either.

Maybe something like Rae for a nickname though. That's what I would do. Or you could use Rafaella XD (grammarly seems to think that's a real name...I didn't realize... so i guess it's not that weird. I think I'd just Rae though, but that's just me).
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes, it can be a girls name, though usually it would be Rafaela or Rafaella.
    Nicknames: Rae, Rafe, Raff, Raffie... Ella.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Alright so. :) I'll leave the Rafael. Just when I write about her I'll call her Rae.
  • pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    Sure! Some traditionally male names make great girl names. My sister went to school with a girl named Dylan and I went to school with a girl named Ryan.
    Get off my lawn!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think its a lovely name, and seems unisex to me. I like unique and different naming conventions.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I have no issues with using boy's names for girls and I do that a lot in my games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    @Simpkin I done seen boys with girls names, and girls with with boys name, so it's not unusual at all..
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I don't see an issue with it. I'm much like @lisamwitt in that I go with whatever name I think sticks. Plum one of my most cherished sims is a male sim named Sakura, a name usually for females.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Vidal98Vidal98 Posts: 101 Member
    It definetly can be a girl name. This might be totally random but my name in real life is really complicated (Its Hebrew). So people end up shortening it up to make it easier to pronounce but that name is considered to be a "girl" name. It shouldn't interfere. If you like it then you like it :)
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    A girl can be 'healed by God' too, that's pretty much the meaning of the name I think.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    No. //
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    uzumo wrote: »
    No. //

too bad, I'm using it for a girl at the moment :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Raffaella is the feminine
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Or Raphaela. Raphael is, in fact, a masculine name linguistically as well as by traditional use.
  • LeeLee5LeeLee5 Posts: 31 Member
    Anything can be a girl name if you choose to use it as such.
  • andersson01andersson01 Posts: 193 Member
    LeeLee5 wrote: »

Doesn't mean it sounds feminine though. If you asked a random person on the street they'd likely assume it was a guy.
    The world would be a much better place without me... I can't allow that! >:D
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

Doesn't mean it sounds feminine though. If you asked a random person on the street they'd likely assume it was a guy.

It does for the ears used to it. One girl just needs to start the change by using it then it won't ever be the same again haha
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

Except no random person on the street are going to hear it because it's her Sim's name that she doesn't feel like changing. Chill.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • KiaPinkKiaPink Posts: 46 Member
    I think it can, I even think that Hunter can be a girl name :)