Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the saddest movie you've watched?

Comments

• UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2017
    This is a super popular movie.. Titanic. Spoilers ahead for James Cameron's movie called Titanic released in 1997 It isn't only about Rose and Jack for me but also about the staff of the ship and the passengers. The sight of them dying is always so painful, Andrews stands out to me the most, he was such a kind person. Of course Jack's death is also horrible.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,654 Member
    The boy In The Striped Pajamas was a killer!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Homeward bound. The near ending scene where Shadow falls under the train tracks ;-;

And also Marley and Me. Haven't seen it in a couple years but it was still sad.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • emmaburrowsukemmaburrowsuk Posts: 31 Member
    Anything with animals in it, Mighty Joe Young got me i cried like a baby then cry more when he was still alive,...mixed emotions lol
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I don't cry much at all during movies which is strange because I'm a pretty sensitive person. So, I'll say what movie gave me the "feels"
    BIG HERO 6
    When Hiro and Baymax were trying to escape that other dimension/portal but Baymax knew that only one of them would be able to make it. I think I had to stop the movie and in my head it was like, "no no no nO NO NO NO NO!" It made me feel a lot better when Hiro was able to rebuild Baymax's body and put in his old memory card. I don't think I couldv'e handled it otherwise.
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    marley n me :'(
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Simpkin you just had to remind me!

I watched Simon Birch back in high school, and I was scarred for life... SO sad!

@UnrealRoot I'm the same way with Titanic~ I turn into a blubbery mess every time I watch it because something about all those people dying just gets to me.

I saw it in theatres when I was 10, and it didn't bother me then. But it sure does now.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    When I watched Project X I didn't need a box of tissues I really and truly had a roll of paper towels in my lap.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    As a kid, Animal Farm.
    The part where Boxer is betrayed and is taken away to be killed

As an adult, I can't even remember the name of the film but it was so sad! It was about this black guy who was wrongly accused of a crime and sent to a horrible jail. He was there for years and was treated in a disgusting way. In the end, he and his mate finally escape/are freed and the movie ends where they are watching a baseball game, both now in their nineties. Manly tears were shed by me!
  • babemaster57babemaster57 Posts: 63 Member
    > @BabySquare said:
    > Edward Scissorhands - I can't begin to tell you how dark and sad a place my mind was after that.

100% relate to this. I cried so much when I first watched it. I still cry when I see it lol.
    giphy.gif
  • babemaster57babemaster57 Posts: 63 Member
    All Dogs go to Heaven
    giphy.gif
  • OGmandyVOGmandyV Posts: 56 Member
    I have a few.

PS I Love You
    Taking Chance
    Pay It Forward
    Stepmom
    Marley and Me

(I know some are cheesy, but these all make me ball like a baby)
  • BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
    First they killed my Father.

It's the only movie that has made me cry to date, it made me cry multiple times too.
    ~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
    Talkin talkin talkin
    I do what I do, so you do you
    Dirty dirty
    You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
    ~
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2017
    The saddest movies I can think of right now are The Cider House Rules & 12 Years a Slave. But a movie that also made me cry a lot even if it's maybe not exactly just sadness, is Arrival.

ETA: oh, also, What Dreams May Come always makes me cry lots too lol. But it ends well, the beginning is just extremely sad.
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    Where the Red Fern Grows.

Surprised no one has mentioned this. My dad had me watch it when I was little and said it was a cute movie about dogs (he knew about the ending). Evil. Had me in tears. :(
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Marley and me
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Marley and Me had me bawling my eyes out. Got me right in the feels. :'(
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    47 Ronin is quite sad
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Have to agree with Homeward Bound, Titanic and The Green Mile, some very sad scenes in all of them. I would also add the following:

Stepmom
    Steel Magnolias
    Terms of Endearment
    Beaches
    Somewhere in Time
    Ghost
    Saving Private Ryan
    Braveheart
    Dances with Wolves
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Der Untergang

It's one of my favourite movies, but I cry every time I watch it
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • siriusblvcksiriusblvck Posts: 155 Member
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 because of Gwen's death ):
    2qu3r05.gif
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I watched The Green Mile twice. It's one of my new favourite movies. It's so sad. And the botched execution scene, that's horrific. Also, it was sad when Mr. Jingles got killed, but I was so happy when he was resurrected by John Coffey. There's so many sad scenes in that film.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The Day After.
  • Kalila_ChanKalila_Chan Posts: 80 Member
    I would probably say Marley and me and Hachi
    vIugFwp.gif