Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the saddest movie you've watched?

Comments

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    The Notebook.... Hit's me every time :'(
  • emokitty32101emokitty32101 Posts: 42 Member
    The Phantom of The Opera. Poor Erik, breaks my heart every time I see it.
    giphy.gif
  • elumaeelumae Posts: 171 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sophie's Choice. That one scene is enough to tear your heart out.

Edited to add: Joy Luck Club was another one that was a solid tearjerker. :'(
    Post edited by elumae on
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Million Dollar Baby... cried buckets :# That, and Finding Neverland.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    Just watched The Book Thief, I've seen it before and it gave my tear ducts a total work out. Forgot how sad it was.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • willdflowrswilldflowrs Posts: 78 Member
    I agree, Phantom of the Opera always gets me, some more are What's Eating Gilbert Grape for some reason (I think it's because the characters hit close to home), Bridge to Teribithia (those monsters, made me sob for hours when I first watched it), Seven Pounds, The Virgin Suicides (doesn't make me cry but get's me all up in my emotions), and Up. Oh lord.
    Orgin Id is wildflowerrs
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A film I watched once and will probably never see again, even though the cinematography was brilliant and the film itself is beautiful is Pan's Labyrinth. It is devestating.
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Boy in the Striped pajamas. It's such a devastating story. It made me bawl like a baby

Was forced to watch this in college. You should have seen the room trying to hold back the tears. Absolutely heart breaking, one of the saddest movies I've seen.
    Any movie where an animal dies.

YES. So many movies I've seen where I'm more concerned about the animal than the main character.

Mine has to be the opening to the Pixar movie "Up". I actually cried telling my friend about what happens it was pathetic. I was inconsolable haha. I'm a big softie to be honest.

• SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    NNUDxcW.gif

^That one.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm not sure if it counts, as everyone is naming fictional or fictionalized account movies, but the documentary Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father is what first jumped to mind for me.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Mysterious Skin is incredibly sad, among many, many things.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ooh, I've got one: Save The Last Dance. I cried like crazy when she was talking about her mother. I've seen the film many many times by now and don't cry anymore but it was the first film that made me cry and if I remember correctly... it has been the only one.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    The Green Mile. Man that moire got to me when I first saw it. That music playing at the pivotal scene, the guards getting emotional about John Coffey and the unfairness abou it all. It was an amazing movie.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    The Killer (1989). It has its emotional moments.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) movie. The scene with the boy and his mother at the end if so sad :'(
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Boy in the Striped pajamas. It's such a devastating story. It made me bawl like a baby

I was going to post this. It was heart wrenching.

I also cried during this movie, so sad!
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I didn't find Inside Out sad as a whole, but there was one scene that really shook me. It's the scene where Bing Bong and Joy are stuck in a deep pit of memories waiting to be forgotten, and Bing Bong sacrifices himself (gets forgotten) to let Joy escape. He says to Joy, "take her (Riley) to the moon for me", and then he collapses into dust…
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Miracles from heaven
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    Death of a Superhero, cried for two hours.
  • HO3LYHO3LY Posts: 85 Member
    Mine is 100% The Fault In Our Stars
    tumblr_n2kt2oYXNT1tsvbbno1_500.gif
    "What's in the box?"-Brad Pitt
    Origin ID-HO3LY
  • Sweetpooh1993Sweetpooh1993 Posts: 112 Member
    The Passion of Christ
    [img][/img]LD5LMSt.jpg
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Marley and Me. :'(
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    I just watched A Dog's Purpose, now I'm known get a touch misty and maybe shed a tear or two if I see something touching, but this movie was pretty next level feels. I found myself sobbing like a little child, which made me very grateful that I was alone.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Possibly Titanic
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.