March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Chance Cards are No Joke

13...Next

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I find the piano best for raising fun. My sims have a TV, but it is rarely used. The parents & their kids gravitate to the musical instruments rather than the telly. Or chess table.

I love chance cards, even though they can be terrible, and I never skip them. I picked a wrong option the other day, and my sim lost $45k ... she only had $27k so I suppose she's in quite a bit of debt :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love the chance cards. Although when my sim got fired from level 9 of the military career by one and it was his lifetime aspiration to become a general I didn’t think it was quite so funny as I hadn’t unlocked “plead for job”

But overall I like enjoy them.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    The chance cards are great! I love having random twists to make the game more interesting.
    I got sims 2 UC last November and the very first time I played it I played the pleasant family. The dad got a chance card and I chose wrong. He got fired. When he got home he started loving on the maid and I let him, as i didnt know how I wanted to play the family yet. Well his wife caught him. I went with it, so she divorced him and kicked him out. So he lost his job, wife, and home in less than a day haha poor guy.
    (.... But that's what's meant to happen..?)
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    The chance cards are great! I love having random twists to make the game more interesting.
    I got sims 2 UC last November and the very first time I played it I played the pleasant family. The dad got a chance card and I chose wrong. He got fired. When he got home he started loving on the maid and I let him, as i didnt know how I wanted to play the family yet. Well his wife caught him. I went with it, so she divorced him and kicked him out. So he lost his job, wife, and home in less than a day haha poor guy.
    (.... But that's what's meant to happen..?)

the way the game plans it out is Mary-Sue (the wife) goes to work and Angela and Lilth (the kids) go to school, Kaylynn Langerak (the maid) comes, Daniel (the dad) does romantic interactions with her, the Mary-Sue gets either demoted or fired, comes home and catches Daniel cheating on her, then divorces him. but of course, it is the Sims, so you can go about it however you want. you could have Mary-Sue ignore the chance card and stay at work, you could lock a fear to get fired, choose the choice that gets you fired, then have Daniel and Kaylynn quickly stop romancing while Mary-Sue is in aspiration failure, you could just not romance Kaylynn and tell her she cannot hang out today. there is a variety of ways to handle it.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif