Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @JULES1111

Thanks for the link to the hair it's geourgouse and I love that color I cannot tell you how many variant shades of that color hair I have on my sims in game :)

I never knew you go go to the uni world make sims there and start their lives from there I really like that idea. I wonder if they get good grades if they don't have previous school education however whatever I am defo going to give that a go now I know about it :)

@UnopenedTart

yep I would find that creepy too but as I have never had that happen in my game so I am sorry I have no clue what that is about hopefully one of the other players who I have been playing a lot longer than me may have better answers :)
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you. Well, it's not a dog, it's a special wolf (the one with the glowing eyes) that can turn sims into werewolves.

@JULES1111 I didn't even think about that x) I feared that the twins had the same genetic but they are fine.

@UnopenedTart Don't worry, it's normal. The little camera is here to say that there is something happening. It can be your cat doing something, the welcome wagon, the guy i don't remember the name gifting you a computer, even the guy who put the newspaper (so if there is a newspaper near your door, it was that). Because you play on apartment it can be your neighbour ordering pizza/other service and if you play with speed 3 you might missed it. Sometime i even don't now why the game pops this camera, it can be something very little or a bug (the camera already notice me that there were something interesting ... somewhere off lot :D ). And for the staring sims, they always do that in my game. The weird sims might just be a grumpy sims with bad genetics. One of my twins already stares at me with a mean look when i had ordered her to do her homework while she clearly didn't want to do it :D If you have the complete collection (because i don't remember where they came from) ask them to pose, and you'll see the sims following your camera. Great for storytelling. This feature might also just be a little something the devs have ad to make us feel that the sims know that we are here and make us feel that they are more alive.

And sorry for my bad English, i'm a bit tired today :/

So the twins grew up:

Julia
    qepexwvine7d.jpg

Julie
    l8v3ur6jl67x.jpg
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @SPARKY1922 grades are not factored in. Each sim you make there gets 500 to start.

@lulubadwolf the twins grew up nice.
    @lulubadwolf

lol trust me to get it wrong I don't think I have seen that before either ( I think I need my glasses changing-) The twins look great really pretty defo heart throb material :)

@JULES1111

I am going to try that now I know I can as I think that would be a great start to sims getting good jobs/money when they move into other hoods..
  • TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2017
    Recently, I've just had something extremely coincidental/odd happen in my game. I've made my very own Mega-Uberhood with every single neighborhood in the game including neighborhoods converted from the Sims Stories games as well attached to it. Back in my previous game, I had Tybalt Capp head off to college as a young adult and he met the love of his life Alexandra O'Mackey. They engaged and after he were to finish college they would marry. Unfortunately that never would happen as my uberhood turned into a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space (got completely irreversibly corrupted).

So I recently have put together a new hood and restart my playthrough of all of these sims. I am now moving in all of the family bin sims so they can live happily in these neighborhoods. I moved Julien Cooke into a house in Desiderata Valley, he met and got instant 3 bolts with Alexandra O'Mackey and decided that it may be a good idea to start dating. So they had lunch together at his new home and it was time for Julien to go to work. I send him off to work after his dream date, no sooner does the date end does Tybalt enter the lot walking up to the house laughing manically then steals Julien's newspaper. What?!! Out of the thousands of sims in my neighborhood that could've walked by the house how could it of been Tybalt, let alone steal his newspaper?! Keep in mind I haven't played the Capps in this version of the megahood at all nor have even had Tybalt meet Julien or Alexandra before. Can't be a coincidence, right...?
    @TheSimsFan96 Sounds like a awesome neighborhood! Sorry your last one imploded on you. :/ Sounds like ghosts from games past are seeking revenge! :D That is a pretty odd coincidence, really, what were the chances?
  • TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2017
    @jules1111 Not a problem at all, I decided to fit it into a kind of the story of the sim world. :) Such as, the apocalypse occurred, everything has been lost.. not a hope in sight..Until seemingly but strangely.. all life was restored. Just as it was before it was 25 years after the original Sims. I guess that would be a more positive way to look at restarting a hood after corruption! hahaha :) Thank you so much though, it's a very fun neighborhood! But I know right?! I have (at the very least) over two thousand sims I believe. Take the slim chance of about 1 in 2000th of a chance. I literally just sat there thinking for a bit thinking what in the world just happened?! hahaha :D
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @TheSimsFan96 IIrc, 0 or 1 nice point sims can steal the papers no matter if they've ever been played or met anyone, but that's still hilarious.

I've been mucking around trying to setup a working bookstore in my BACC, and I realized yesterday that even though I *had* downloaded the sellable novels hack, I'd never put it in my mods folder. Ooops. :blush:

I did, however, manage to finish building a Police Station for New Edenia, which will sell burglar alarms, fire alarms, and those caution signs that came with the game. I'm working on the founders' long-term houses right now, and the floor plan of the first one has finally started to grow on me. They're all going to have at least 5 bedrooms (two master bedrooms, a nursery, a boys' room and a girls' room) so I don't have to make additions when the place gets inherited by generation one. And unlike my usual somewhat too large builds, this one fits on a 3x4 with plenty of room for orchard trees! (Pics when I actually get it furnished/landscaped.) At some point I should probably start putting some of my New Edenia Lots up for download.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    @TheSimsFan96

ooh dear re the mega hood :o Newspaper stealing 1 in 2000th those are big odds-) I haven't had so much of that I seem to be plagued with sims kicking over each others bins constantly-) The more I read sims 2 player stories I realize just how diverse this series is even sometimes when we are playing the same hoods with the same premade sims lol

@Scribal_Goddess

I like the security store idea selling from the police station? I look forward to seeing some pics and will love it when there new lots to download-) will there be a prison style area in the police station? and will this lot be up for download too? you can see how excited I get thinking about new 2 lots lol :)
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    I've been in a bit of a gaming slump lately, mainly because I've been rewatching Game of Thrones in my free time and that's a lot of episodes to rewatch before season 7 comes out :D . However, I did manage to start a new family in Desiderata Valley. Vanessa Archeon and Andrew Havilliard met when they were in their freshman year at Sim State University. Vanessa, a popularity sim, had a natural affinity for music and spent most of her days at the dorm piano playing to her heart's content. Her lifetime goal was to reach the top of the military career track and so the rest of her spare time was spent working out. Andrew, a family sim, had a natural affinity for cuisine, and very quickly became the sole contributor to the dorms green house, it wasn't long before he gained a gold talent badge in gardening. In his remaining free time, Andrew worked on the skills that would help him reach the top of the education career track, which was his lifetime goal.

At first, Andrew and Vanessa were just friends, but slowly they began to feel a deeper affection for one another and Andrew finally took the plunge in their junior year and asked Vanessa out on a date. Vanessa was unsure, but decided to give Andrew a shot and the rest is history!

Upon graduation, Andrew and Vanessa moved in together and quickly started working on their career goals. After some time, Andrew proposed to Vanessa and they got married <3.
    tumblr_os6d1pmOKX1vi6mjbo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_os6d1pmOKX1vi6mjbo3_540.jpg
    tumblr_os6d1pmOKX1vi6mjbo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_os6d1pmOKX1vi6mjbo6_540.jpg

They booked a three day trip to Three Lakes (unfortunately they did not find Big Foot) and once they returned home Andrew hit the top of the education career, achieving his lifetime goal. Soon after that, Vanessa found out she was pregnant and it turned out to be twins! They named them Rowan (a boy) and Reagan (a girl). On the twin's birthday, Vanessa was finally promoted to the top of the military career and achieved her lifetime goal as well.

tumblr_os6n0tiAXy1vi6mjbo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_os6n0tiAXy1vi6mjbo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_os6n0tiAXy1vi6mjbo2_540.jpg

It won't be long now before Andrew and Vanessa add another bundle of joy to their family. Here are some pictures of the cute couple :)

tumblr_os6n0tiAXy1vi6mjbo5_540.jpg
    tumblr_os6n0tiAXy1vi6mjbo3_540.jpg

@classicXcrime What a lovely couple! The twins are adorable :blush: Awe to bad about Big Foot, maybe next time! Glad you got your simming urge back. I know there really needs to be more time in the day to do everything we want!
    @classicXcrime

weird I just watched the whole box-set of game of thrones right up to the new series coming out but honestly I had to cover my eyes a lot it's so gory :) Your new couple are lovely. I love the whole propose at the table and the whole wedding process in 2 the animations and expressions are just so cute. The twins are also cute and another one the way makes a nice sized family. It did not seem to take long for her to make it to the top of her career.. Looking forward to more updates and pics :)
    @SPARKY1922 It took him even less time to reach the top! They both had 20 days or more left as adults when they reached the tops of their careers. University had them getting into their careers at level 4 or higher and really the only thing they needed to work on were a couple of skill points and getting some friends. I'm hoping to have them start a family business to run on the side, which they'll eventually dedicate their time to once they are elders and retire.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess

I like the security store idea selling from the police station? I look forward to seeing some pics and will love it when there new lots to download-) will there be a prison style area in the police station? and will this lot be up for download too? you can see how excited I get thinking about new 2 lots lol :)

The police station won't have a jail (because to actually imprison a sim I'd have to do it on a residential and not a community lot with the mods I've got, plus it would probably tank the customer loyalty stars) but I might build a jail later. Assuming that Officer Sura Kyo finally catches that sneaky catburglar. :) Also the jail currently has a front desk area where I'm selling all the safety equipment, an office for the officers to run plates and eat doughnuts in, a bathroom, and a teeny tiny combination evidence locker/lunchroom. It's on a 1x3 for the sake of being cheap. ;)

I'm thinking of putting all the community lots up for download if no one minds the fact that a bunch of them will probably come with custom walls, doors, wallpaper and plants that I can't be bothered to swap or delete. (Plus, the swimming hole one absolutely requires the see through floor.) I am saving clean copies just in case, so I can drop them in another neighborhood and package them up.
    @classicXcrime

I did not realize until yesterday that I could make sims in University and then send them out into the world lol so I am going to be trying that soon because I suddenly realized when you mentioned they were quick getting to the top of their careers because of being in Uni first that was the reason and although I have not tried playing large businesses since my initial first disaster I have made several smaller ones and thoroughly enjoyed playing them :)

@Scribal_Goddess

I did not realize a prison had to be a residential lot to play that as although I have downloaded the mod I have not played yet. I love your idea of selling stuff in a cop shop and donuts for the cops haha. Well I suppose as long as you put the list of CC details up with your lots when you upload so players can have the choice then that should be good enough? I think in 2 the lots cannot be played in with sims? is that correct?

@Rflong7

I was just posting when I saw your post come through. Thanks for the challenge suggestion but the link is not not found?
    @Rflong7

Ok thanks I will take a look :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess
    I did not realize a prison had to be a residential lot to play that as although I have downloaded the mod I have not played yet. I love your idea of selling stuff in a cop shop and donuts for the cops haha. Well I suppose as long as you put the list of CC details up with your lots when you upload so players can have the choice then that should be good enough? I think in 2 the lots cannot be played in with sims? is that correct?

If I'm reading the mod description right, then yeah, because the lot owner sim would have to live there and so would the imprisioned criminals.

No lot that has ever been played is safe to upload in TS2 because that doesn't strip the lot data that's attached to a sim. If you're really vigilant in simPE and you let all the furniture vanish at move-out, it can be okay to copy previously occupied lots to new neighborhoods in your game, but it's much safer to never have lots in your bin that were ever occupied. (I should know, I just roasted Riverblossom Hills 3.0 that way... Not that I lost much but I hate rebuilding lots.)

Posting a clean installer summary of what comes with the lot is pretty standard for uploading lots, as is using the clean installer to install lots, so I was already going to do that. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Last week I went looking for all my lots and put them in a neighborhood. It ended up being 2 with 3 Unis because I had too many Medieval lots - not really a lot though.
    It was great I still have so many. They bring back a lot of memories of those Sims 2 BBS days. :lol:
    I had been looking at some old TS2 neighborhood pictures and noticed a lot I don't have any more. :(
    It's not decorated... if ever. I'm using it as a repository for all my lots so I can just go grab on if I need it and it leaves my bin clean. :)
    Sims2EP9%202017-06-27%2011-15-20-82_zps02lzf5tn.jpg

I keep telling myself to finish my challenges- I still have several going... and then I start a new neighborhood with new Sims. Maybe that's why CAW was fun for me- I got to restart all the time. XD

This is the neighborhood I"m using. I made it awhile ago...
    Sims2EP9%202017-06-22%2018-27-34-01_zpszvfifmdp.jpg

This is Ken Mattel... He's doing a Legacy, maybe Twinacy where he and his "Barbie" have twins that stay on the lot with their family. One child marrying in NPCs and the other will may Base Game Townies. Should be interesting to see which family does better. :)
    He's not happy working as a Barista and not getting to have fun with the townies who are upstairs dancing away.
    Sims2EP9%202017-06-25%2009-35-27-95_zps368ir2nq.jpg

This is Keith, he's going to Uni and doesn't know about a Future Apocalypse that's going to happen. XD
    "What?" Shhh.... O.o
    Sims2EP9%202017-06-25%2008-07-40-26_zps7f82ax2a.jpg

Those are just two of my families so far. I hope I get to play longer than I have been. I seem to wander off and build or start over for no real reason. :(

@Rflong7 your pics are great. Your worlds are always beautiful. Lol I love the Ken and Barbie story, but poor Keith, no idea who's game he fell into. O. O I won't tell though. Shhhh
    @Scribal_Goddess

Oh please don't think I was telling you anything re your lots lol I was basically rambling inside of my head while I was typing and thinking about what I am supposed to look out when downloading lots as I tend to forget-)

@Rflong7

great pics your first one reminds me of how my hoods look when I download anything and everything to decide what I am going to keep and where it might be going, in fact I probably left beach city like that the last time it shut down on me-) I love your Lake Bend County and looking at it makes me realize just how obsessed I am filling every little bit of space in my hoods well yours really-)

Lovely looking Sims Ken Mattel defo does not look happy-) who would want to be working with dancing going on upstairs lol Oh poor Keith I hope he makes it :)

I am on a terrible must finish every world I like playing in rather than playing lately but I think this will come to an end naturally and I will revert :)
    @SPARKY1922 I've dabbled with businesses, but I've never actually had a sim run one as a career. I'm not even quite sure what business I want Andrew and Vanessa to run. She does paint on the side, so maybe Andrew could run a small restaurant that uses her paintings to decorate and they can sell those to patrons.
    @classicXcrime

I have not played businesses extensively but my eventual goal is to have every family in one of my hoods running a different business. The only ones I have tried and managed successfully so far is selling things like furniture and sports equipment from home lots so now I understand that a little better I want to move on to my sims owning separate business premises to give that a try and your idea sounds good for the couple as you get 2 bites at the selling cherry :)

@Rflong7

You are welcome you talented thing you :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top