Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    one of my sims wished for a pet & since i put a pet store already into the world, so i thought i should get her there & let her buy a small dog
    she did or she tried too, because the dog was bought but didn't appear as family member :confused:
    i then again, instead to stop & quit without saving, went on & let her buy again a dog & went on sillywise playing her further :confounded:
    the game seems to be borked apparently or at least that pet buying interaction

i went then to SimPe & looked into all the sims living there, found those two missing dogs with apparently the same ID now :confused:
    then read some tutorial about how to delete sims safely & it is so complicated to do it right

the game runs, not too wonky but all the sims in the world make me nervous, most of them are townies, there are meantime over thousand sims in this one game, though i see only a small portion of them somewhere
    i think i should save all the families i've been playing & the lots i adjusted & place them all into a more thoughtfully chosen worlds, maybe some smaller player's made
    & play from now on with some of the mods preventing townies from spawning wildly & duplicate

atm i can't play any of the sims games, every has some problems i have no fun to dabble with, so currently just relaxing & taking time out i suppose :tongue:

here some pictures of what i've been playing since the last time
    first 3 screenshots of the changed inside of the townhall
    an overview, the job searching area & the wedding area at the story above
    2zfihqw.jpg
    jkvcl4.jpg
    2wcqqfn.jpg
    then the new shop of an architect
    faw6a.jpg
    the girl with the pet wish performing comedy she also wished for, she seems to be quite experimental in the design of her life :lol:
    2h5n1wo.jpg
    & the owner of the pet store enjoying a nice meal at the new small modern restaurant
    t4treu.jpg

Did you buy them out of the dog tub that can show up on community lots? Was it unowned, or an OFB lot? Because, if I recall correctly, there might be some conflict between OFB and pets when buying an animal.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Started a new game today. Here's the first 2 sims of my town, Lisa and Dan. Lightning started when they were chatting so I took this picture and ran to get them inside before they get fried :D I don't even know how it was raining. It was the beginning of summer.

BKAys5P.jpg

And here are their houses. Kinda basic, I didn't cheat to give them more money. There's plenty of room for expansion though, so they will be staying in these houses for a generation or 2.
    I also made them sorta ugly on purpose to add the immersion that they are living on a budget lol.
    83z6OnC.jpg
    lXJWpcm.jpg

8mgreX9.jpg
    Swliy64.jpg

The white paneling foundation color was a total coincidence, but I like it because it helps creating a theme hehe.
    They're right next to each other as you can see here. I think I will add a 4x4 park on the other side of the road, right where it turns.

Srv5PEA.jpg
  • Options
    spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    i basically started playing the uc yesterday after like 10+ years

the last time i played, i was like 8 or something

so i made a simself + made myself a daughter bc i was dying to try out the playground equipment, lmao idk

she tried the matchmaker like 15 times before getting an okayish bf, had another daughter, then killed off her bf bc he was getting rly annoying & not doing anything for his poor kids

when i moved into this random house i didn't realise it was a trailer park, so now i'm living in a trailer w/ my 2 kids & no money

it's my dream life, basically
  • Options
    Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    > @spoopy said:
    > i basically started playing the uc yesterday after like 10+ years
    >
    > the last time i played, i was like 8 or something
    >
    > so i made a simself + made myself a daughter bc i was dying to try out the playground equipment, lmao idk
    >
    > she tried the matchmaker like 15 times before getting an okayish bf, had another daughter, then killed off her bf bc he was getting rly annoying & not doing anything for his poor kids
    >
    > when i moved into this random house i didn't realise it was a trailer park, so now i'm living in a trailer w/ my 2 kids & no money
    >
    > it's my dream life, basically

Yes! The sims 2 is so fun, but I'd absolutely advise you to check the avoiding corruption thread, because I learned the hard way. It's still a great game though!
  • Options
    > @spoopy said:
    > i basically started playing the uc yesterday after like 10+ years
    >
    > the last time i played, i was like 8 or something
    >
    > so i made a simself + made myself a daughter bc i was dying to try out the playground equipment, lmao idk
    >
    > she tried the matchmaker like 15 times before getting an okayish bf, had another daughter, then killed off her bf bc he was getting rly annoying & not doing anything for his poor kids
    >
    > when i moved into this random house i didn't realise it was a trailer park, so now i'm living in a trailer w/ my 2 kids & no money
    >
    > it's my dream life, basically

Yes! The sims 2 is so fun, but I'd absolutely advise you to check the avoiding corruption thread, because I learned the hard way. It's still a great game though!

Yup! Don't delete or sell that tombstone, lol.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I am SO glad people are still around on these boards. OK... so... I've been trying to play TS2 UC - and it's basically a sims game so I can figure out how to eat and get jobs and like that. But it's just different enough from TS3 that I'm having problems. How do you train gardening? How do you train logic - strictly chessboard? What is a subhood? Or an Uberhood for that matter. I remember that any changes to the neighborhood are permanent so... how do I save it as something else? Help?! I'm lost... Is there any kind of guide somewhere?
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @Surreal There is this thread here where you can find some link to guide.
    For the logic, you can use the telescope, or some career reward.
  • Options
    New Edenia started crashing on loading screens for some reason (without anything new that I know of...) so I've renamed the folder, opened up the game to generate a new folder, and gotten serious about a cc cleaning. I'm inspecting everything I port over: no more orphaned meshes for me!
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Simsophonique great pics.

@Brindleton Nice sims. Lol about you being afraid of them being struck by lightning. :D

@spoopy Welcome back to 2! Sounds like you got a decent game started.

@Surreal Welcome to 2! For Gardening you can either go to the book store and buy gardening books (there are 3 of them for different levels) Or go to the grocery store and buy some fruit (you need to be a certain level for different foods) and just plant them and take care of the plants. For logic there is the chess board, telescope, and books you can buy. Different career rewards level different things too. A subhood is a neighborhood that connects to your mainhood, like downtown, bluewater village ect. Uberhood is a CC world that has all of the games neighborhoods connected together. You can only have one save per neighborhood. If you wanted to use the same neighborhood for another save then you need to do some messing with files and such.

@Scribal_Goddess Sorry your game crashed. Ah ya, I have been thinking about going through mine as well. *sigh* and I try to be so careful!

• Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited June 2018
    So today for the first time since I started playing TS2 again, I had a death. One of my founding elders got demoted because he was late to work a 3rd time. Apparently this was too much for him and he died! Wow! I didn’t even know that could happen. He was only 65.

So I guess part of my play today will include building that graveyard I didn’t think I’d need for a while.

RIP Charlie. You were a best criminal Rosewood has ever seen and the richest man in town. Your family will miss you!

Update: The Misses is so incredibly heart broken. She suddenly has a volleyball with a cap on it and it says she is “learning from professor von Ball”. What the heck? I’ve never seen this before.

Another update for today: I had a sim college grad I had forgotten about in the bin so I moved him into the huge apartment penthouse with a built in hot tub. I created a mate for him and got her moved in. They were on what ended up a dream date. Once they got home, they took a soak in the tub. I then noticed they could woo hoo in there. So that was a first for me (and then!) and it was so cute!
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    I played my business for a little bit, but then I had to go and see Black Panther, which was a great movie btw.
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess Sorry your game crashed. Ah ya, I have been thinking about going through mine as well. *sigh* and I try to be so careful!

Preliminary testing seems to show that the problem might be overload, and/or my computer trying to run something in the background. (Virus scans are notorious for this.)

Still, I have CC from 2010 on here, because I ported it over from a computer I had in high school. Time for a spring cleaning. ;)

• Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Preliminary testing seems to show that the problem might be overload, and/or my computer trying to run something in the background. (Virus scans are notorious for this.)

Still, I have CC from 2010 on here, because I ported it over from a computer I had in high school. Time for a spring cleaning. ;)

And to properly use the compressorizer.

• Options
    @Scribal_Goddess
    I have a question. So I'm running a business and changing people's hairstyles and such, and I want to know is it safe to use CC on them? Just in case I end up deleting the cc, will it mess up the townies or will they switch to another random hairstyle?
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess
    I have a question. So I'm running a business and changing people's hairstyles and such, and I want to know is it safe to use CC on them? Just in case I end up deleting the cc, will it mess up the townies or will they switch to another random hairstyle?

If you delete a hairstyle, sims will just swap to another random hairstyle in the same "bin" (blond red black brown custom.) It won't affect their genetics at all, though you might get weird looking glitches where their hair flashes blue or pink. (You can fix this by sending them to a mirror or the makeover chair and changing to whatever style you want. If sim makeovers always crash for you, you need to remove securom from the game.)
  • Options
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:

Ok thanks! I had deleted cc before a year ago and had the same weird glitch, so I was frightened to do it again.
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess
    Oh my! I forgot to ask if it's safe for makeup too.
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess
    Oh my! I forgot to ask if it's safe for makeup too.

Absolutely safe.

The only bodyshop items that you should be careful deleting are eyes and skins, (and face templates and sliders if you have them.)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Surreal There is this thread here where you can find some link to guide.
    For the logic, you can use the telescope, or some career reward.

Thanks! And sorry for hijacking thread - wasn't thinking.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Rhiannon58 Sorry to hear about Charlie. Sounds like the misses went into aspiration failure. :D I take it she is a knowledge sim?
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Yes she is. This happened on my last day of rotation for that family so it will be a while before I get back to them.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess
    Did you buy them out of the dog tub that can show up on community lots? Was it unowned, or an OFB lot? Because, if I recall correctly, there might be some conflict between OFB and pets when buying an animal.
    yes, it was unowned at that time

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess
    yes, it was unowned at that time

All right. Since you're having problems buying pets on a lot, I'd suggest that you get your pets via the phone or other sims who personally own them for the time being.

What I *think* is that your game got stuck populating that pet tub with a new pet, which ultimately shouldn't be a major problem, but if it keeps happening you may have to not buy pets out of tubs on unowned community lots.
  • Options
    Today in my game: Sandra and Eric Ballard moved into Veronaville, into a small two bedroom starter house. There was the usual scramble to get a skill point or two in cooking and mechanical - and the getting to know you party that ensues once your neighbors show up to welcome you. Both Sandra and Eric took jobs in the military, even though Eric wants to work in Oceanography - Sandra has dreams of owning her own business so they both decided to pursue high pay over career satisfaction in the beginning. Both were experiencing promotions at work... but I think they're going to pass on those chance cards from now on... because woah.

Sandra started feeling her biological clock fairly quickly but was having a great deal of difficulty actually getting her husband into the bedroom for anything other than sleeping... (read: where is the woohoo interaction?). She eventually fixed this issue (ok so I googled it - they have to be on the bed already - who knew?) and being the fertile sim babe she is, Sandra became pregnant on her first try for baby. Maternity leave has kicked in so Sandra purchased an easel and has been painting whenever she wasn't sleeping (interesting that maternity seems to have an actual effect on your sim). Eric has been doing well at work and working on a junker car on his days off.

Just a little while ago, Sandra gave birth to a baby girl named Alicia. Strangely, she wasn't able to tell if Alicia was tired or hungry or anything and so had to try feeding, putting in crib, etc. She found this very annoying. (Babies aren't selectable - don't show need bars? That isn't cool...)
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Just a little while ago, Sandra gave birth to a baby girl named Alicia. Strangely, she wasn't able to tell if Alicia was tired or hungry or anything and so had to try feeding, putting in crib, etc. She found this very annoying. (Babies aren't selectable - don't show need bars? That isn't cool...)

If you have Free Time installed you can learn parenting from reading a book. It'll give you a new action to check on the baby, who'll get a thought bubble showing their most urgent need.

Babies are much easier than in Sims 1 though: just feed them regularly and play and cuddle with them is enough to make sure the only cries you'll hear are from dirty diapers. :)
    Banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top