Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night EP and Paparazzi

Hello Simmers,

I've been looking at expanding my horizons with some new SP/EP titles and was interested in Late Night EP.
However, most reviews I read talked about paparazzi feature becoming annoying after a while.
I was wondering whether you veteran players know of any mod (especially NRaas ones) that can help reduce/eliminate that feature?
Or can you disable it within the game options?

Thank you,

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The paparazzi can be limited or suppressed entirely with the NRaas Register mod. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The paparazzi can be limited or suppressed entirely with the NRaas Register mod. :)
    To add to that...
    How can I disable or manage the Paparazzi in my game?
    anchor: Register FAQ#Paparazzi

To disable or manage the paparazzi sims in your town:-

Click on City Hall or any computer, then follow one of the paths below, depending on what you want to do.

To disable paparazzi:
    NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Allow Paparazzi
    Change the default setting from "True" to "False"

To change the maximum number of paparazzi allowed:
    NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Maximum Paparazzi
    Change the default value of "3" to whatever you like (within reason)

To remove a sim from the Paparazzi pool:
    NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Remove Paparazzi
    Select the sim(s) you wish to remove and press the Accept (checkmark) button
    via Register FAQ
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • AngryPanCakeAngryPanCake Posts: 77 Member
    Thanks the prompt response guys,
    I'll definitely consider getting that EP then.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You also have the option, without third party mods, of opting your household out of the Celebrity system, at which point paparazzi cease to be a hassle.
    Alright,

I installed Late Night EP last night and started playing this morning.
    I noticed through my NRaas Master Controller that I suddenly have 411 homeless people in my town.
    When I first installed NRaas SR, it asked me to get rid of the homeless (about a dozen or less at that time, before Late Night EP) a month ago. Is it going to ask me again?

What is the appropriate number of homeless one should keep in town and how do you get rid of the rest?
    edited April 2016
    Story Progression's Manage the Homeless will periodically remove homeless sims who aren't assigned Role/Service positions from the game. Overwatch's Cleanup the Homeless will also do so during its 3am run. I keep both settings OFF because if something is triggering the spawnage of too many homeless, it's just going to keep generating more. It's better to find out why and put a stop to it.

Generally speaking, homeless NPCs do not add much overhead to the game as long as they don't try to all materialize on screen at the same time. They aren't managed and do not progress in the same way as inactive town residents. But 411 is kind of high. Do you have Register in place, as suggested above? That one should help stop the looping overspawnage of unneeded NPCs in the first place.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @Sindocat said:
    > You also have the option, without third party mods, of opting your household out of the Celebrity system, at which point paparazzi cease to be a hassle.

How do you do that?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is a check-box under settings, I think on the last tab: "Opt current household out of Celebrity system" or somesuch. You may need to scroll the window to see the option, but if you have Late Night, it's there.
    > @Sindocat said:
    > It is a check-box under settings, I think on the last tab: "Opt current household out of Celebrity system" or somesuch. You may need to scroll the window to see the option, but if you have Late Night, it's there.

Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out.
  • ImpaktImpakt Posts: 7 New Member
    Never knew about this, and know conflicted about this newfound knowledge. I had a celebrity sim with a fairly pure alien lineage and had a blast venting on and murdering the never ending hoards of paparazzi with meteor showers. If I turn paparazzi off can't have fun with them like that spontaneously.
  • katgirlkatgirl Posts: 431 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think that you can turn them off in options. Let me check I have my game pulled up now.

Edit: It does not give that option :/ . It was the option to turn celebs off, which I do not think that you want
    29goifo.jpg

Check out my rescue center for all animals!!
    http://moonbeamrr.weebly.com/

• sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    How are you a new member and already starting your own threads? I made this account in 2k15 and can't post anything.

Mods cause nothing but trouble...and one is especially not needed for Late Night I think. I RARELY see paparazzi, very rarely.
    hepburnfan wrote: »
    Mods cause nothing but trouble...and one is especially not needed for Late Night I think.

As you wish, of course. The decision to mod ones game or not is entirely a personal one.

But not everyone shares your opinion about mods. Many of us find that well made and properly supported ones can add stability to an often otherwise unstable game. And then there are those that just make the game more fun for many of us who have them in play. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @hepburnfan said:
    > How are you a new member and already starting your own threads? I made this account in 2k15 and can't post anything.
    >
    > Mods cause nothing but trouble...and one is especially not needed for Late Night I think. I RARELY see paparazzi, very rarely.

As far as new member and being able to start new threads, I'm not sure...sometimes the blue button shows up and I can do it and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time when it does, it's because the site knows I am about to start an awesome thread, full of amazing comments, questions, tips...etc!

As far as mods are concerned, you are entitled to your own opinion and you alone make the decision to use them or not in YOUR game. Igazor is right, not everyone shares your opinion, especially since the mods I use have enhanced my gameplay fun and have not caused any significant trouble.

Since some of my Sims earned celebrity status, 1-2 paparazzis stand at the front door everyday when my Sims are at home. I had to lock the door to prevent them from coming in and just loiter in the house without the ability to "ask to leave".

By the way, if anyone knows how to kick paparazzis out of your house, I'd love to hear about it.
    By the way, if anyone knows how to kick paparazzis out of your house, I'd love to hear about it.

You could use testingcheatsenabled resetsim on them. Or, if you have MasterController, do a MC Reset or even Go Home on them. Chances are, any of those ways, they will come right back though unless your sims leave the house first.

Some of my naughtier sims play it the other way and try to seduce them. It's really challenging because the Paparazzi don't have much of an attention span.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    What I find annoying about the paparazzi is their hanging out at windows. That, and their odd ability to take pictures through a solid wall or three. No windows on the house's exterior, room is in the middle of the mansion, and somehow the paparazzi get a picture of my celebrity sim and his/her SI woohooing. What?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    what do they do with the pictures?
  • Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member

If the fence is too much of a hassle, and you want to be really evil, you can get the Door of Life and Death off of the Sims 3 Store and make it the front door to your house.

The Grim Reaper will summon a pit monster to any paparazzi and zombie Sims that get too close.
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
    igazor wrote: »

You could use testingcheatsenabled resetsim on them. Or, if you have MasterController, do a MC Reset or even Go Home on them. Chances are, any of those ways, they will come right back though unless your sims leave the house first.

Some of my naughtier sims play it the other way and try to seduce them. It's really challenging because the Paparazzi don't have much of an attention span.

I've been resetting them when they become too annoying.
    As far as preventing them from coming into my house, I built a fence and locked the doors to anyone but my household.
    I had found a mod that sounded very promising, but I could not get it to work, I think it's called MoDoor or something!
    I've been resetting them when they become too annoying.
    As far as preventing them from coming into my house, I built a fence and locked the doors to anyone but my household.
    I had found a mod that sounded very promising, but I could not get it to work, I think it's called MoDoor or something!

I'm afraid MoDoor is obsolete. It was never updated to work beyond Patch 1.42 and a lot of game code changed since back then.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SpringQueenSpringQueen Posts: 39 Member
    I know it's awful but I used to just used testingcheatsenabled and then shift-click and delete them like you would with objects because they became so annoying haha
    Then I began using overwatch and it solved everything,
    Then I began using overwatch and it solved everything,

How are you using overwatch to keep paparazzis away?

@AngryPanCake sorry slip of the tongue.. I meant Register.
    OK, so you go to services and you enter 0?
    @AngryPanCake in register go to global roles > allow paparazzi and then change it to false, that should get rid of them