Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
Hello everyone!

I’ve got something a bit different for you today :)

The team is constantly looking at ways they can improve the game and one of the items we are currently looking at is the retail system. We are interested in getting save files from those of you that have used retail for any length of time (as long as you’ve played with it even for a little bit it would help). Your save files will be helpful to allow us to make your gaming experience better.

If you’d like to provide us with a file feel free to respond with a download link here or you can send the link via PM :)

Happy Simming!
Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I have a save I have been contemplating using to start a shop on. I'll pass it along if I do. I usually set up shops for my sims to buy from as opposed to running (just my play style) but I have been wanting to explore everything of it. Thanks for posting. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • LeonBenkovicEALeonBenkovicEA Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > I’ve got a bit something a bit different for you today :)
    >
    > The team is constantly looking at ways they can improve the game and one of the items we are currently looking at is the retail system. We are interested in getting save files from those of you that have used retail for any length of time (as long as you’ve played with it even for a little bit it would help). Your save files will be helpful to allow us to make your gaming experience better.
    >
    > If you’d like to provide us with a file feel free to respond with a download link here or you can send the link via PM :)
    >
    > Happy Simming!

I apparently don't have the permission to PM you. can I send you the link elsewhere maybe a twitter DM? Thanks! :)
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > I’ve got a bit something a bit different for you today :)
    >
    > The team is constantly looking at ways they can improve the game and one of the items we are currently looking at is the retail system. We are interested in getting save files from those of you that have used retail for any length of time (as long as you’ve played with it even for a little bit it would help). Your save files will be helpful to allow us to make your gaming experience better.
    >
    > If you’d like to provide us with a file feel free to respond with a download link here or you can send the link via PM :)
    >
    > Happy Simming!

I apparently don't have the permission to PM you. can I send you the link elsewhere maybe a twitter DM? Thanks! :)

Try sending me a PM on the forums now :)
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    edited April 2016
    Improving the retail system in what ways?
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @Orchid13 I think she has a few ideas.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Lol I'm confused, how exactly are our saves going to help improve retail? :confused:
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Lol I'm confused, how exactly are our saves going to help improve retail? :confused:

Players spend a lot more hours playing with different features we introduce into the game than we are able to so by looking at the ways you are using it we can better examine how to improve it.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

Players spend a lot more hours playing with different features we introduce into the game than we are able to so by looking at the ways you are using it we can better examine how to improve it.

You could also just ask @Orchid13 . She pretty much summed it up a few hours ago.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I've got two saves in back-up that had bakeries in them and one of my current saves has a bakery as well (only recently opened). I'll see if I can zip them and send them tomorrow or the day after.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would like to see these improvements:
    • Unlimited or increased limit of employees
    • Customers can choose to eat here instead of just buying the food
    • A rank system, similar to OFB
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    how do I find the specific save file? I'm on mobile and I never looked through those folders on my documents, do they have the same name as the save just like in sims 3?
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited April 2016
    Maybe a few more store perks, more employee slots, having a retail store count as self-employed, and an option for whether you want to use the tablet or cash register to ring up customers? Also being able to run a home business like OFB, living on the retail lot is difficult, especially when you have multiple Sims in a household.

Btw it's great to hear that improvements might be made, I thought the retail system would be left in the dust. I can't wait to see any changes to it!
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    how do I find the specific save file? I'm on mobile and I never looked through those folders on my documents, do they have the same name as the save just like in sims 3?

Hello @Emmy_Sims
    This link post that MDianaSanders posted is very helpful to find which save file in the saves folder refers to which save game.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14585710/#Comment_14585710
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Im glad that the retail system is being taken into consideration! And Im even more happy that you share this with us! I will search for my saves, although what I would love is not on my saves like the possibility to hire a manager, or the charging an hourly fee business type! But sure anything to improve our game is a win win!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

That is so awesome... :flushed:
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I'll upload later tonight.

The biggest thing I can think of though, making Retail count as a career to assigned Sims.
    Because I still have Sims who are in retail that get "Very Sad" they are unemployed and it's extremely frustrating having "Very Sad" sims while I'm trying to run a retail store.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2016
    How would you even start to look for a file? all the Folders are basically everything crammed into 1, to many items in the Tray folder and all the others, Everything needs to have their own folder just like the rest of the Sim games did, the folder's are a HUGE mess in the Sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top