Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I sleep?

CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
edited April 2016 in Off Topic Chat
I can't sleep. It's like 1:28 am in here and I've been awake ever since. Maybe I should stop stalking SGDrake...

(Edit: I also have ADHD and Bipolar, if that helps)
I'm back!

Comments

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
  • Options
    THAT'S TOO WEAK FOR ME.
    I'm back!
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    THAT'S TOO WEAK FOR ME.

What about this?
    34y69o1.jpg
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited April 2016
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    What about this?
    34y69o1.jpg

Well... Now I need a new pair of underwear now... :D

@chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have been having issues sleeping. Lack of sleep can be tiring on our bodies and mind. Sometimes listening to music can help, or having a read, or try having a warm drink.
    I hope that you have been able to get some sleep now.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    My list for better sleep is something like this:

No tech in the bedroom. Paper books are ok, but no screens.
    The bedroom needs to be as dark as possible.
    A bath is better before bed than a shower. A shower is more likely to wake you up.
    No caffeine at least 4 hours before bed time. Sadly, that means no chocolate, nor tea. Other herbal brews are usualy ok.
    No food at least 2 hours before bed time.
    Bed time should be about 8hours+1 before you wish to get up.
    Reading in bed, for about 30 minutes or so, the turn the lights out, and sleep.

If you're tossing and turning, and still can't sleep, there is a solution...
    Sex, either with a partner or solo. Sexual release puts some very nice relaxing chemicals into your blood, and generally make most people fall asleep pretty quickly.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited April 2016
    ^ Yeah, all of that. Also, not being to warm, or at least I think that disturbs the sleep a whole lot. When it's warmer outside I sleep with the window slightly open. (Alright, who am I to speak, I suffer from chronic sleeping issues and often have to rely on sleeping pills, but those things at least makes it a taaad better.)
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    @Lightfield, I forgot that one!
    Yes, being to warm makes it harder to sleep (hence why I hate summer).
    If your room is to warm, an open window or a fan can help. If it's really hot, add a damp towel or washcoth. I don't recommend sleeping under cold AC, it can cause a lot of health problems.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    This works for me...
    • Dark room
    • Books
    • Clean sheets
    • Fan on or window open
    • No technology

Sleeping pills if all else fails.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sleep problems are frustrating, I know the feeling all too well. Though I don't know if this a rare thing for you, or if it's common, but if it's common I'll share what works for me.

I find playing music while I sleep helps a lot, not loud music of course but just some quiet music. I just leave my radio on 24/7. You can also get white noise machines or white noise apps on your phone (some are free if the cost of a machine is too much), same basic idea to just have some noise in the background.

Also, aromatherapy stuff can help, if you look around you can find all sorts of stuff to put in your room that's supposed to help you sleep, like air fresheners and stuff. Febreeze has a sleep collection, I dunno it seems to help me some. There's also bath salts that you can soak in before bed that can help make you sleepy, Dr. Teal's does them if you can find that where you live.

Keeping my room dark and cool-ish too.

If you like to use the computer before bed and really don't want to turn it off, try flux it changes the tone of your computer display at night to help get rid of the blue light that electronics emit that keep you awake. Though it's best to put the electronics away I think it's like an hour before you go to bed, but I know I don't wanna do that and never do.
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    Sex, either with a partner or solo.
    Uhh, okay?
    I'm back!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Movotti wrote: »
    Sex, either with a partner or solo.
    Uhh, okay?

Did you just stop at that, or read what followed?
    Sexual release puts some very nice relaxing chemicals into your blood, and generally make most people fall asleep pretty quickly.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 is healthy.

Edit:Really sims forum? You think that's a dirty word? It's the correct term, and almost every human does it, from onset of puberty to death. I guess I'll have to call it solo sex, or self sex, which are really rather silly terms.
  • Options
    PPinkPPink Posts: 17 New Member
    I've always had a problem with sleeping, my body clock is the worst. No matter how little sleep I have I can still stay awake for 40 odd hours and no matter how long I sleep which can be anything up to 10-20 hours I can still sleep for that long. I love the night time and gaming too much to sacrifice the "go to bed early" strategy. I've mentioned this to my doctors over the years too, they all say the same thing "get into a routine" and believe me I've tried, I think I'm way past that. I suppose you could try sleeping pills although I've never tried them myself, I know people who have - you could also try making your room completely dark (I have a black-out blind, and it's helps the day light be more soothing on your eyes to wake up easier) ear plugs too? If your brain is awake then any background noise will just interfere with attempting to sleep. Additionally you could just give yourself food poisoning, being ill just makes you want sleep more than anything AND you get a free pass on any upcoming daily activities, chores, school.. whatever you get up to that you don't particularly like doing. :D
  • Options
    PPink wrote: »
    they all say the same thing "get into a routine" and believe me I've tried, I think I'm way past that.
    I don't believe you.
    Go camping for a couple of weeks, leave the tech at home.
    I suppose you could try sleeping pills although I've never tried them myself
    Nope. That is a horribly bad idea, since they don't fix the problem.
    If your brain is awake then any background noise will just interfere with attempting to sleep.
    This is why I am opposed to suggestions of listening to music.
    If your brain is awake, you're better off reading before sleep.
    Reading something arduous rather than interesting can help too, I know people who have used textbooks to get to sleep.
    Additionally you could just give yourself food poisoning, being ill just makes you want sleep more than anything AND you get a free pass on any upcoming daily activities, chores, school.. whatever you get up to that you don't particularly like doing. :D
    Not such a good idea, but it does make me think of something else.
    Excercise in the morning, and puzzles or mental exercise type games during the day or in the evening.
    Sometimes inability to sleep comes from too much energy, and not enough exercise. But if it's your brain that won't settle, mind games help.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Do you take medication? Because I have epilepsy and I had serious sleeping issues too. After a year my parents took me to a doctor (that means five months on the waiting list) and as it turned out it was caused by one of my three medications so we reduced my dosage and it solved the problem. Not saying that you should do the same of course.
  • Options
    LeeLee5LeeLee5 Posts: 31 Member
    If I need to sleep I normally lay down, focus on gravity pulling me downward, and then wake up.
  • Options
    KiaPinkKiaPink Posts: 46 Member
    If you're still having this problem, a great way to fall asleep (for me) is to use background noise, Like a live stream on twitch or an app that plays nature/forest sounds even WhiteNoise there are a lot of free apps in the AppStore.