Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

★ The Next Rising Star ★ - Cycle One - Winner ANNOUNCED :)

xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
2i1fscg.png

fxb1af.png

Welcome potential contestants. I'm so glad you came to look in on the first season of this competition. This contest is a picture based and a little story based (no long story writing involved, mainly just questions - as celebs get asked ALOT). So 'rising star' I ask you this ... What kind of star are you? This will be your journey of making it all the way to the top of your chosen career. This contest is based around your stardom, things you would achieve, experience becoming a superstar! The ad's, the paparazzi, your job, and celebrity trends. Come join and have the chance to become the next rising star...

Possible Celebrities : Model, Actor, Musician, Athlete, Reality Star, Anything that anyone can be star for!!

I'm your host, Joanne. I've hosted many contests before and I'm interested in seeing who your contestants are and what creativity you have. Come and join in with all the fun! Our NEXT RISING STAR will grace next cycle's banner!

330944z.png

★ Follow Sims 4 Community Forum and Contest Rules.
★ Sims 3 and 4 both welcome
★ No more than 2 adult Male/Female Sims per person.
★ No fantasy models (no zombies, vampires, aliens, fairies etc.)
★ All contestants must be of your own creation.
★ Photo shopping will be required for all rounds.
★ Be sure to add your celebrity names when posting your entries, it makes it easier for us judges to recognise who you are.
★ BE NICE! Nasty people, or fighting will not be tolerated.
★ You can use contestants that have appeared before in other contests.
★ Rounds will be 5-7 days (depending on the number of pics required for the tasks).
★ Judging usually takes 1-3 days.
★ Photo shopping is allowed and in most cases necessary.
★ No Face plastering and photo shopping clothes onto your sim.
★ Any size Sim is welcome – The next top model could be thin, plus sized, or anything in between.

dg79s4.png

1.14sjc3r.png
@lovejess2
2. 14smm20.png
@xjojox
3. 14t0jlw.png
@BobSkellington

You will receive comments on how you went every round, and your scores will go round by round and be cumulative.
The only way that a person will be eliminated is if they do not pass in a round assignment before round end.

mr8ew8.png

1. @Zita1966z - Melissa Shaw - R1R 2R3R4R5R6R7R8R9R10

3. @MissBirdie - Sylvie Vell - R1R 2R3R4R5R6R7R8R9R10

4. @Penguinwa101 - Amanda Belle - R1R2R3R4R5R6R7R8R9R10

5. @Kelebek - Amara Monae-Williams - R1R2R3R4R5R6R7R8R9R10

6. @fabtiffsim - Franklin Chaz (Chaz) - R1R2R3R4 ★ RR5R6R7R8R9R10

8. @HAROZ - Kalsome Yayah - R1R 2R3R4R5R6 R7R8R9R10

11. @pammiechick - Emma Carlisle - R1R2R3R4R5R6R7 R8R9R10

Post edited by xJojox on

Comments

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited June 2016
    2qs3v4y.png

w9w7yw.pngm1TlAJn.png2h7mona.png
    2dcelbn.png2co4pw6.png
    10q9loh.pngfarj7s.png
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited May 2016
    wv4xvs.png

ROUND 9 - Judging Reference

★★ THE FINALE ★★

8Vp6SlP.png

★★ Questions ★★

CELEBRITY GOSSIP!!!

FORBES MAGAZINE

What is the most expensive thing you ever bought?
    What's the nicest thing you have ever done with your wealth?
    Does family pester you for money?

★ EXAMPLES PICTURE ONE ★

Forbes Article Snippet - Exact example

ltEDoca.png

★ EXAMPLES PICTURE TWO ★

Editorial Picture

E0tadSj.jpg

BACKGROUND FOR FINAL PICTURE
    Be sure to click the zoom button to get the bigger view of the background pic.

Countdown Timer
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited June 2016
    11vhb0l.png

Sorry for the delay it has been hard to collect scores.

ROUND 10 COMMENTS - ENCOURAGEMENT

★★Melissa Shaw★★

Jojo Comments:
    So Melissa is the second richest of the bunch. Your star power is strong with your sim :) First thing I noticed in your pic was that you used the same picture for your wealth card and your magazine cover. I wish you would have used a different one for your magazine so there was a little variety amongst your finale pictures. Your magazine covers are mean flawless though. Your pictures from your own contests probably help you being an absolutely superstar with making them, sooo pat yourself on the back for that, great job here. Your victory shot was also fantastic. She looks regal almost, very celebrity like. It's almost like she's grown if that makes sense. She looks like a star! I can see with your finale dress that you have smudged the bottom, to make it look flowy ... though it looks nice, your picture looks like it has lost a little quality in the process. Great final Zita.

Bobskellington Comments:
    Okay, well done on ending strong, I loved the majority of your entries, and felt like the Victorious pic really stole the show, magazine cover could've had better stuff written on and it could have been more editorial. I still think you did an awesome job, though! You've been a strong contender and you've proved time and time again that Melissa is a force to be reckoned with, so well played <3

★★Sylvie Vell★★

Jojo Comments:
    Through out this competition you have always been one of my favourite contestants. There is something about your sim … that I like :) Anyhoo your quite rich aren't you! Not a bad earning you have accumulated! Your Forbes editorial spread is nice. It's almost feminine and girly. Which suits your sim well.You picked a perfect outfit to go with your background as well. Even though it doesn't scream Forbes (forces is quite classy) i still found it appealing and pretty. I think you chose a nice dress for your finale victorious shot. It suits your sim well. She isn't what I'd say victorious in her stance because she does look a little modelesque ... which kind of works out because your sim in a fashion designer. Overall this round, and this competition i think you have done fabulously. Well done missbirdie.

Bobskellington Comments:
    I really loved the first two entries, like a lot. So cute, amazing and just gorgeous! But the dress on the Victorious pic really put me off, you could have used so many other dresses that would have worked perfectly for this shot and background. Other than that, good job! You've been amazing <3

★★Amanda Belle★★

Jojo Comments:
    Well done on making it all the way through this competition! Really proud of the work you have done through this contest. Like your little earning card, she looks very fun … I think this is perhaps her real personality here. I like it … she's got some money though hey!!! Anyway, this is another Forbes cover. It's really good. Though i honestly believe that your sim could have done a way better editorial picture. Her cover is nice, but her personality doesn't show and its seems a little like a plain head and shoulders shot. Your contest on the cover is nice and well put ... though i only wish wish wish ... that you did slightly bigger pictures. I think that bigger pictures would help you immensely in other contests too! Your final pic is lovely. It's a great cut and a fantastic dress to finish. Just love it ... well done.

Bobskellington Comments:
    Nice work! I felt like you fell a bit short this round, I don't really understand how that dress screams Victorious. But I guess it's just your cup of tea and not mine, nothing personal. I also felt like your editorial could have been stronger. You could have been so much more creative, other than that. Good job, you've done fairly well throughout this whole comp and it's been a thrill to look at your pics. :)

★★Amara Monae Williams★★

Jojo Comments:
    This is who Amara is right here… the first picture looks perfect. She looks like a red carpet diva. Like she actually belongs there … your rise to the top journey has been awesome to follow and I've loved every bit of it. Not only do you get better all the time ... but your characters seem to show growth as well. Your second picture was nice, It comes off a little bridal ... like what i'd see in a magazine for brides. Forbes is kind of a serious mag ... and even though this is 'slightly' editorial it doesn't really suit Forbes. I think a background with less blurring and a full or at least 3/4 body shot would have helped your shot here and even perhaps a little eye contact to bring more appeal to your picture.... Still very pretty and feminine. Your final picture is not hugely victorious... a smile for your journey perhaps? :P Her styling is beautiful and she belongs on that red carpet. Well done Kelebek.

Bobskellington Comments:
    Wow, fam. Amara looks mesmerizing in the first two pics, I also noticed how you made it all red carpet like and that was extra cute and nice to me! Your Earnings pic was my fave out of the bunch. Sadly, I wasn't as mesmerized with your Victorious pic. I don't think the make up compliments Amara very well and I also don't know if that dress was such a good choice, however. You've been a fierce competitor and I just wanted to thank you for always giving it your best. You're amazing, fam! <3

★★Franklin Chaz★★

Jojo Comments:
    If you think about where you were 9 rounds ago to where you are now … you must know that your better now than you were. I really do hope you are proud of your work and all the learning you have done through out this competition. I feel that you will be awesome in contests to come, because of your willingness to please and pick up things.The best thing you could have ever done in this contest is change your hair. It gives your sim soooo much character and just makes the picture go from mid range to high range at a glance. Your second picture not bad, i like the picture, but it is a tiny bit blurry .. watch that for future pictures. And finally your victorious shot! Wow she is totally owning this picture. It shows her personality right away! Great outfit and fantastic efforts in this contest fabtiff!

Bobskellington Comments:
    Oh, boy. She's a fierce diva, yo! Very foxy indeed, and very strong. I love that about her! You've come along way and I really felt like you were victorious in your Victorious pic, plum girl. You done did it, did it good, too. You slayed me and I thank thee! However, your editorial pic was of very low quality and that's not a mistake you can afford to make so late into the game, you have improved a lot throughout this whole comp! Well done :)

★★Kalsome Yayah★★

Jojo Comments:
    So your sim turned out to be the richest of all the stars on 85 million, which is really impressive. Now give me the money!!! Lol. I like your editorial picture. You really understand the editorial part of the task … which is fabulous. She stands out of the crowd and really shows true star power in this picture. She looks like a star when you look at her ... And finally your victorious picture, she looks great. You seem to have taken on a theme in your picture here and chosen some cartoon like guys in the background. I am not 100% sure if the picture needed it ... because your sim alone just killed it with that dress. Her face and pose doesn't say victorious overly ... but it was still a very pleasant picture. I think you have done a really stunning job every round. Be very proud.

Bobskellington Comments:
    Wow, what an entry! All of these entries are so strong and I loved every single one of them, I was captivated and just in awe of it! You have kept me on my toes from day one and I have loved every single entry you have produced throughout this whole comp, that's why I am giving you such a good score for star power. Very well done <3

★★Emma Carsile★★

Jojo Comments:
    Awks Emma the book writer. That first picture just reaks of her personality. Like a giggly nerd kind of pose. I like that you have stayed true to her personality through out. You didn't add her net worth on your earnings card though. We will never know how rich she really is!! lol. The second picture is great! A girl on fire. The hair looks fiery and all the things you added in your picture really set it off to make it stand out. I wouldn't say it screams the Forbes look ... but it does look really really good! If i was to be honest, your sim is possibly the most victorious looking of everyone. She's like "Oh yeah!!!!" while doing the pose ... She's got a fantastic dress and even her classic look. I'm glad you didn't stray far from who she really is. I have enjoyed your mini story through out this contest ... it's been great fun watching her grow into a star! Great job Pammie.

Bobskellington Comments:
    So, nice entries. I liked the editorial pic, could have been stronger. Your Earnings pic was well thought out and I felt like you did a really good job with it. But unfortunately your Victorious pic really brought your score down, I love the dress, but sadly. That's the only thing I liked/loved about this picture, the quality is off and she's looking away instead of staring into my soul with that fierce look like she came here to steal the show! I would probably forget about her, afterwards. You've produced some awesome entries! You should be proud, and please don't feel like it's anything personal. You've done a great job and your editing is improving day by day, so well done! :)
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited June 2016
    11vhb0l.png

OKAY SOOOO...

It's all over. Were all done here. I just want to take this time to thank each and every one of you for being committed and seeing this contest through. I am extrememly proud of all the work you submitted and all the effort you put in to making this contest successful, not only for me ... but yourselves. I have thouroughly enjoyed viewing your pictures possibly as much as you enjoyed making them! I hope that during your journey in this contest that you learned a bit, had fun and met some cool people along the way!

And secondly, my fantastic judges. Even through through all the real life stuff you have to do you manage to find time for me and our contestants, so thanks bunches. I want to thank bobskellington and loveless2 (big E HUGS to both of you) for all your help processing scores and comments through the duration of this contest.

★★THE FINALE PICTURE IS:★★

Kalsome Yayah

ssU5RKe.jpg

Well done @HAROZ . You were the judges overall favourite.
    So congratulations for being winner of the final round!

★★Jojo's Top 3 Pictures★★

1st - Kalsome Yayah -HAROZ
    2nd - Amara Williams - Kelebek
    3rd - Sylvie Vell - Missbirdie

★★Bobskellington Top 3 Pictures★★

1st - Kalsome Yayah - HAROZ
    2nd - Check Breakdown 0_o - too many!

★★Breakdown Of Scores★★

jSYP2Qu.png

FIND OUT WHO THE OVER ALL WINNER IS IN THE NEXT POST!
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited June 2016
    2lbopyt.png

As you know The next rising star is a cumulative scored contest ...
    And after 10 rounds ...

HAGFbk4.gif

Congraulations hun, your work has been outstanding!!
    You have tallied yourself all the way to the big time and you are

OUR NEXT RISING STAR!!!

Your winning signature is below.

★★Overall Breakdown★★

Wmllbre.png

Congratulations everybody!

★★Challenge One Winner★★

2lstmzc.png

★★Challenge Two Winner★★

33dv7eo.png

★★Challenge Three Winner★★

1zce3ic.png

★★Challenge Four Winner★★

Hntehxl.png

★★Challenge Five Winner★★

W3fp0kX.png

★★Challenge Six Winner★★

eEssdHS.png

★★Challenge Seven Winner★★

kh0PzoF.png

★★Challenge Eight Winner★★

w4CdwVL.png

★★Challenge Nine Winner★★

7S8o3MT.png

★★Challenge Ten Winner★★

7J1BMDM.png

CONGRATULATIONS KALSOME YAYAH - HAROZ!

Post edited by xJojox on
    @alexis3142 @bilalsaid @bobskellington @chealsycat @dollarbill88 @esharpmajor @flubber32c4 @GuruFanNo1 @ironknight35 @LemmyLouch @LeslieM25 @MizoreYukii @MaggiSimmer @megsteroo @Ojenn @PoppieGirl @Pebblycat @picklesthecat114 @pammiechick @porkipine @Rivendellstar @SakuraLeon @themysticalpoet @vampiirre @Vanderetro @YJB19299 @Ash89 @Meeshelby @LilacErin @lialia54 @Rivers @Issabella14 @Gemmabubbles @ilovebunnys65 @Nataria @JenLadyBird88 @lovejess2 @joanb615 @panthergirl2 @Penguinwa101 @PeaceSign101 @xcheekyangelx @HannaHasSims @psykt @SimmerSparklezzz @MarkHarris17 @4maddieblue @ColorMePink @BeechNutBaby @MissBirdie @InaMac69 @Eliavah @JoeJoe11 @Sims3fan1986 @Sims3ambitions @Lorchies @InaMac69 @abelhinha35 @pigletpooh1 @Sylentwhysper @Kelebek @chellemh29 @HAROZ @Zita1966z @joanb615 @MaggiSimmer @sdangelo78 @Tinglesful @abillings1978 @Meeshelby @chillpotle

YOU WILL ONLY BE TAGGED ONCE ...
    No more tags, this tag is only to gather interest among members.
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Congrats on starting a new comp :smile:
    It looks amazing and very interesting
    Love 2 support - I am in !
    I'm going to make this contest very 'loose' i know people get busy with contests and i am as well. As well as hosting. Sooo i hope that people might take some interest in it and participate in the fun! The pictures involved will be minimal photo shopping.

Ideal for creative players/story tellers and new to contest participants!

I am still yet to decide whether i will do cumulative scoring with no eliminations
    OR
    Full set of judging with eliminations after the second round.

Very nice to have you @Zita1966z
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    You are welcome to make a stunning advertisement and post it on all my comp threads :)
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    That sounds super fun, I always wished to make a female singer :) Count me in <3
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Reserve me a slot, please :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Wow, so cool!
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    Thanks guys... added u in pickles!
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Thanks! Also pmed you :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2016
    NAME: Reese Gallaway
    Rising Star Career: Model

HEAD SHOT
    25566539534_09690c58fb_c.jpg

What have you done recently to make you become the next rising star? I just walked my first Victoria Secret runway show

Optional shot:
    26078851932_5ac21a3da9_c.jpg

Questions:
    So your on the way to the top, what makes the fans want to be just like you? I get to travel the world and meet all kinds of new and interesting people. Its the best part of the job and I get to try out the latest fashions first.
    How long have you been in the spotlight for? 6 months
    Who is your celebrity crush? I love Charlie Hunnam
    So she is prepared! welcome sarah!
  • sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    Thank you
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    edited April 2016
    @xJojox I want to PM you, but PM doesn't work on mobile unless you message me first.Can you message me?
    Post edited by Kelebek on
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    This looks so awesome. I wish I had more time, but I'm at my limit for now. :(
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I haven't even read the info yet, but its you running it so I know its gonna be awesome. Reserve me please!!
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    ok i'm interested but I have a few questions or concerns if that's ok??
    I'm SUPER new to this, I've only done a few edits on paint, I haven't even ventured into gimp yet and I use sims 4 when it looks like everyone who is awesome at this seems to use TS3. Is this cool? Or does everyone prefer if I practice on my own for awhile before entering a comp?
    thanks in advance
    even if I can't participate I'm gonna lurk cause this is pretty great!
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Reserve me please :) this looks awesome
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    edited April 2016
    @fabtiffsim - I personally use sims 4 :) and alot of us do too. Sims 3 and 4 are both ok.
    This contest is gonna be good for you to start out in! There may be some in game shots that you might be able to make your own sets for. Think of your career that you can make good pictures in your game for.
    I will help you to the best of my knowledge with gimp or paint when doing pictures that may require slight 'copy and paste' (for magazine covers and such). I do often make templates that contestants will find useful for their pictures. ALWAYS here to help all my contestants...

I hope you give it a shot and join us. Newbies are more than welcome.
    Great to have u aboard @MissBirdie and @Meeshelby