Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are Worlds?

I've seen a lot of posts asking "which world is your favorite" and was just wondering if that's something from an expansion pack?

When it comes to things in the exchange, do I how do I know if I can play with it or not? For example, the horses and pets can only be played with the pets expansion correct? What about the stores and buildings?

Comments

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited March 2016
    Worlds are the places your sims live in and can de chosen in the menu, Sunset Valley for example is a world. It are actually more villages or cities.
    You need to have the expansions packs which are used in the download to have it, otherwise it will not work and/or replace things. If you don't have something you will get a notice in the start program after you downloaded it.
    But I personally do not recommend downloading things from the exchange. A lot of sims, households and lots include bad cc (custom content: stuff for the game which isn't made by EA) that can make it impossible to play
  • MonasuniverseMonasuniverse Posts: 18 New Member
    [quote="GITTE2001;14698438"]Worlds are the places your sims live in and can de chosen in the menu, Sunset Valley for example is a world. It are actually more villages or cities.
    You need to have the expansions packs which are used in the download to have it, otherwise it will not work and/or replace things. If you don't have something you will get a notice in the start program after you downloaded it.
    But I personally do not recommend downloading things from the exchange. A lot of sims, households and lots include bad cc (custom content: stuff for the game which isn't made by EA) that can make it impossible to play[/quote]

Oh, okay. Thank you so much for the info! (:
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Worlds are the places your sims live! The base game world is Sunset Valley. Many of the expansion packs add more worlds or temporary destinations to your game. Some of the worlds are sold as standalone products on the Sims 3 Store, packed together with a few build/buy mode and CAS items!

The Worlds Are:

Sunset Valley (Base Game)
    Al Simhara (World Adventures Travel Destination)
    Champs Les Sims (World Adventures Travel Destination)
    Shang Simla (World Adventures Travel Destination)
    Twinbrook (Ambitions)
    Bridgeport (Late Night)
    Appaloosa Plains (Pets)
    Starlight Shores (Showtime)
    Moonlight Falls (Supernatural)
    Sims University (University Life Hub World)
    Isla Paradiso (Island Paradise)
    Oasis Landing (Into the Future Travel Destination)
    Riverview (Store)
    Monte Vista (Store)
    Dragon Valley (Store)
    Lucky Palms (Store)
    Barnacle Bay (Store)
    Midnight Hollow (Store)
    Roaring Heights (Store)
    Hidden Springs (Store)
    Aurora Skies (Store)
    Lunar Lakes (Store)

There might be more Store worlds, but I simply can't remember them all!
    [quote="Swiftlover13;14698484"]Worlds are the places your sims live! The base game world is Sunset Valley. Many of the expansion packs add more worlds or temporary destinations to your game. Some of the worlds are sold as standalone products on the Sims 3 Store, packed together with a few build/buy mode and CAS items!

The Worlds Are:

Twinbrook (Ambitions)
    Bridgeport (Late Night)
    Appaloosa Plains (Pets)
    Riverview (Store)
    Monte Vista (Store)
    Dragon Valley (Store)
    Lucky Palms (Store)
    Barnacle Bay (Store)
    Midnight Hollow (Store)
    Roaring Heights (Store)
    Hidden Springs (Store)
    Aurora Skies (Store)
    Lunar Lakes (Store)

There might be more Store worlds, but I simply can't remember them all![/quote]

Thank you so much! That really helped! haha
    One more newbie question! This is my last one (I promise!)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Worlds are the places your sims live! The base game world is Sunset Valley. Many of the expansion packs add more worlds or temporary destinations to your game. Some of the worlds are sold as standalone products on the Sims 3 Store, packed together with a few build/buy mode and CAS items!

The Worlds Are:

Twinbrook (Ambitions)
    Bridgeport (Late Night)
    Appaloosa Plains (Pets)
    Riverview (Store)
    Monte Vista (Store)
    Dragon Valley (Store)
    Lucky Palms (Store)
    Barnacle Bay (Store)
    Midnight Hollow (Store)
    Roaring Heights (Store)
    Hidden Springs (Store)
    Aurora Skies (Store)
    Lunar Lakes (Store)

There might be more Store worlds, but I simply can't remember them all!
    I think you only missed Sunlit Tides (Store).
    5JZ57S6.png
    That's weird... I swear I posted it!

Anyway, what's CC?
    Custom Content (content for the game created by players, not EA). Worlds can be custom made too.
    5JZ57S6.png
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Worlds are the places your sims live in and can de chosen in the menu, Sunset Valley for example is a world. It are actually more villages or cities.
    But I personally do not recommend downloading things from the exchange. A lot of sims, households and lots include bad cc (custom content: stuff for the game which isn't made by EA) that can make it impossible to play

I already said it ;) indeed, clothes, hair, worlds objects etc. which are made by players (Who mostly don't really play anymore, just create things) and not by EA.

[quote="GITTE2001;14698632"][quote="GITTE2001;14698438"]Worlds are the places your sims live in and can de chosen in the menu, Sunset Valley for example is a world. It are actually more villages or cities.
    But I personally do not recommend downloading things from the exchange. A lot of sims, households and lots include bad [b]cc (custom content: stuff for the game which isn't made by EA)[/b] that can make it impossible to play[/quote]

I already said it ;) indeed, clothes, hair, worlds objects etc. which are made by players (Who mostly don't really play anymore, just create things) and not by EA.

[/quote]

So, is that stuff from the exchange then?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi :)

Not ALL Worlds and Sims and Lots have CC on the Exchange and I DO recommend not just dismissing all the Good Builds uploaded to the Exchange.

A lot of worlds were made with different Expansions and Stuff and Store.

No, Pets works in all worlds if you have the Expansion.

*I must add- Any world or Stuff downloaded form the Store is treated like CC in the Launcher and the game. :lol:

So, is that stuff from the exchange then?

No, except the worlds. Things from the exchange (households, sims, lots etc.) can include CC. A sim is just a sim, but can have a hairstyle that's made by someone else as EA. CC.
    edited March 2016
    Even worlds CAN include CC.

Blanket comments of everything being bad is insulting to all who worked hard to Not include CC in their creations. :(

* @GITTE2001 And the comment about Not Playing anymore, just create things-- come on. What's up with that? Creating in playing. :lol:
    Makes me sad.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Do you only have the Base Game?

The Store has Riverview for free download- and make sure it's installed. It's a lovely world, imo.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Blanket comments of everything being bad is insulting to all who worked hard to Not include CC in their creations. :(

* @GITTE2001 And the comment about Not Playing anymore, just create things-- come on. What's up with that? Creating in playing. :lol:
    Makes me sad.

I agree, Rflong7. There are lots of wonderful sims, houses, commercial lots, and custom made worlds available on the Exchange. People who just dismiss it as all being full of badly made custom content are not only short changing themselves, but causing other players to miss out as well.

What I really wish is that players would start educating themselves on how to avoid any unwanted CC and start educating others when the subject comes up. That would be far better than telling people to just avoid the Exchange altogether, especially when it doesn't matter where player-made creations are hosted, they all have the potential for adding CC to your game.

I'm on my tablet right now but later I'll try to post some more info on this, or provide a lot link to some info.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Makes me sad.

Well, if they only create they don't really do something with the actual gameplay.
    If they just make a hairstyle, load a world called 'CAS', put the hairstyle on the model-sim they always use, let the sim pose and take a picture, they don't play that much.

Makes me sad.

Well, if they only create they don't really do something with the actual gameplay.
    If they just make a hairstyle, load a world called 'CAS', put the hairstyle on the model-sim they always use, let the sim pose and take a picture, they don't play that much.

And? So? And so... At least they like the game enough to do it. I appreciate the many modders and CC creators who gave their time and energy and shared it with others to make the game more enjoyable. Especially the ones who try and keep their stuff up to date and working well.

Why dismiss them as if they're not important and makes it so ... sad, I guess.

Makes me sad.

And? So? And so... At least they like the game enough to do it. I appreciate the many modders and CC creators who gave their time and energy and shared it with others to make the game more enjoyable. Especially the ones who try and keep their stuff up to date and working well.

I appreciate that too! What I mean is: 'People who create a lot of cc mostly don't play that much anymore'
    And: 'A lot off things from the exchange - even if there stands: 'no cc' - can include bad cc for some odd reason so I do not recommend downloading from the exchange'
    I can recommend many downloads from the Exhange and knowing how to install and uninstall CC.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-Find-and-remove-bad-custom-content-CC/td-p/2759940
    [quote="Rflong7;14698734"]Do you only have the Base Game?

The Store has Riverview for free download- and make sure it's installed. It's a lovely world, imo. [/quote]

[quote="Rflong7;14698734"]Do you only have the Base Game?

The Store has Riverview for free download- and make sure it's installed. It's a lovely world, imo. [/quote]

I have the base and Seasons. Thanks!!

The Store has Riverview for free download- and make sure it's installed. It's a lovely world, imo.

I have the base and Seasons. Thanks!!

There's also a lot of Free Sets in the Store. I would check them out, too.
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?scategoryId=12858 - A lot are free and some are only for registering the expansion. :)

Makes me sad.
    I think I may understand what she means. When you don't actually play the game (like, simulating lives with it), you won't mind about spaghetti babies because you don't do anything with babies. I rather trust CC creators with websites and download their stuff from there or MTS (after being assured by people I trust that it's alright) than downloading it via the Exchange.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member

Makes me sad.

I appreciate that too! What I mean is: 'People who create a lot of cc mostly don't play that much anymore'
    And: 'A lot off things from the exchange - even if there stands: 'no cc' - can include bad cc for some odd reason so I do not recommend downloading from the exchange'

I would say that if you like something enough do your own research and make sure it works well. To say that you should just avoid all cc is utter garbage as I have had cc in my game since day one thank you very much and my game probably runs smoother then yours. Bottom line is you have to be careful. Avoiding it all together is bland and silly. This game was made for custom content.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member

Makes me sad.

I would say that if you like something enough do your own research and make sure it works well. To say that you should just avoid all cc is utter garbage as I have had cc in my game since day one thank you very much and my game probably runs smoother then yours. Bottom line is you have to be careful. Avoiding it all together is bland and silly. This game was made for custom content.

I share this opinion. I don't use the Exchange often mainly because I don't like installing stuff through the launcher, not because there isn't stuff there worth downloading. I do have to say, though, I was severely disappointed the other day when I found a link to the lot built for the Old Mill set only to put it into my game and find serious routing troubles in it, and this is a lot built by a SimGuru.

When it comes to people who mainly build or create things and don't play much, bear in mind SOME of them do actually thoroughly test what they make while others don't. It's very much a case-by-case experience and in no way indicates that everything created by people who mainly create is bad.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)