Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

19 Sims and Counting

Hi! So this is the first challenge I've created. I got the idea from the TLC television show 19 Kids and Counting. I used to love it, although after the scandal with their oldest son I've fallen out of love with it. Yes, it's sad but not everything is perfect. But I thought maybe it'd be a cool challenge to try and have the biggest and most perfect god-loving family. Anyways, I'll get on with the challenge and everything.

Getting Started:

Choose your lifespan:
Short lifespan - Legendary
Normal lifespan - Challenging
Long lifespan - Intermediate

Creating your founders:
- Create your Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. You may pick their traits BUT all other rules apply.
- They must be young adults.
- Must be married

Before we get started with the rules I have a quick note as some people might find offense in the rules. I have based the whole challenge off the Duggars and all the information I've found out about them. So no, I do not have anything against same sex marriages and such but The Duggars do not believe in them so I added that rule. Sorry if those rules offend anyone.

Rules:
-Mods to allow more than 8 sims in you household IS allowed, however you will not get lifespan points (outlined below).
-No boyfriends/girlfriends until reaching young adult (however, romantic interests are allowed).
-Girls dress code: no shoulders, cleavage or thighs showing. They may only wear skirts/dresses. (Obviously this rule is bypassed for athletic and swimwear unless you can find a custom content, mod, or cheat that will allow a skirt/dress to be worn.)
-Makeup is encouraged as beauty honors the lord.
- Girls MUST have long curly/kinky hair. A woman's locks are her glory.
-Keep hugging between married couples (and OCCASIONALLY between siblings or family). Jim Bob believes that touching should be between a married couple.
-Boyfriend/girlfriend/fiances are NOT allowed to kiss or woohoo before marriage.
-Same sex marriages are discouraged (after all marriage is between a man and a woman).
-Hugging between a boyfriend/girlfriend are permitted, but not embracing.
-Men get jobs (woman can too, but only in places where there is very little or no physical labor such as business, painter, ect.)
-Must have full friendship with boyfriend/girlfriend before proposing.
-ONLY males are allowed to propose (which means you can become/play the male to get him to marry one of your YA females).
-Divorce is forbidden as marriage is a life-long commitment.
-Cheating is forbidden.
-Must have a church-held wedding (you may not elope). You can find churches in the gallery.
-Vacations are permitted (and encouraged).
-Males may not have long hair.
-Males do not have a specific dress code, however they're not to wear revealing t-shirts, underwear, or go shirtless except for swimwear.
-You may not cherry-pick traits, you may use create a random sim . com (completely random traits) or the legacy challenge trait generator (at least you'll have a chance at getting the same traits). However 'bad' traits such as mean, hates children, hot-headed, self assured, kleptomaniac, materialistic, snob, slob, lazy, noncommital, jealous, and evil are not permitted. You may re-roll if you get these traits. After all, your founders raise the children to be nice caring people as the lord would want.
-Women may ONLY have creative, outdoor, social, love, or family-oriented aspirations.
-Young again potions are allowed (but only in adulthood)
-You may not replace items, only fix them.
-Children and teens are allowed to go to school.
-After your 14th child TLC comes in, you'll get paid 200 simoleons for your 14, 15, and 16th children. After your 16th child TLC has decided you're worth funding! You'll be earning 10,000 simoleons weekly! (you use 'testingcheats on' then press enter and then enter 'money' and your desired amount of money. Remember this will change your funds to that amount, so if you have 3,000 simoleons and need to add 200 you'd put in 'money 3,200)
-All your kids names must start with the same letter of the alphabet (if you want an authentic Duggar experience you can do all J's but it doesn't have to be)
-Boys and girls MAY NOT sleep in the same room.
- Screen (television, computer, ect) time must be limited, find other ways to raise the fun need.
- You may not stay in your pj's all day (get out of pjs before doing anything else in your day if possible)
-Woman must have cooking skill (optional for men).
-Women may not go to the hospital, you must wait out the labor.

Objective:
Have 19 children before your founders die/become too old to have children. This challenge is recommended to simmers who excel (or want to excel) at the children aspect of the sims. Less for those who focus more on skill-building and job building.

Counting points is optional.

~ 500 points for normal lifespan
~ 100 points per baby (no extra points for twins or triplets
~ 5000 points for completing the challenge
~ 50 points per aspiration completed (by anyone of any age in the family)
~ -50,000 points if one of your kids is taken away by social services or dies from unnatural causes while in your care.
~ -1000 points if you use a cheat that is not outlined above (or you misuse it)
~ if you choose to use a mod that allows you to have more than 8 sims in your household than you do not get ANY points based on the lifespan you choose.
~ -100 points for every broken rule
~ -5 points every young again potion used.

Thanks and happy simming!!!

Comments