Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I might be adding another desert world to the list of worlds I can live without and it's called Logan just exported fromCAW and in testing currently.I found myself having to add lot blanks to place a venue down as it had no lots placed in a new game.It's not available publicly yet as I just got released from CAW yesterday.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited December 2017
    I love and play them all (don't have Into the Future), some more than others... I simply can't choose!
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    LynxQ final version of SV will always be my #1 hood for my sims to live in. Use it as the base for all vacation worlds using Twallans Traveler mod. But too many other worlds to narrow to just one. So listing all the ones my sims seasonally visit each year for vaction/business travel/adventure travel and/or to visit their family/friends relatives (using Nraas SP & Traveler mod). The real world vacation spots are in parentheses.

EA Worlds
    1. ST (any island in the south pacific. Easily the most beautiful and realistic world EA has made to date)
    2. IP (some south american banana republic)
    3. LP (Vegas baby!)
    4. MV (Monticello, Italy)
    5. Uni (any east coast prep Ivy college)
    6. All 3 WA worlds (Far East, Egypt & France)

Player worlds
    • Oahu (Hawaii)
    • Los Angeios by Coasterboi. (LA California)
    • Venice (Venice Italy)
    • London Project (England)
    • Great Bear (Pacific Northwest. Or could be Vancouver or BC in Canada)
    • Winter Wonderland (Vail Colorado)
    • Paris (by SimsKeys) (dead ringer for real life one. Best Paris world in TS3 to date)

I'm wondering what Venice world you are talking about? Do you have a link? Thanks
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    So I tend to be rather picky when it comes to the worlds I play. Plus all the expansion worlds tend to glitch after a while, store bought worlds too. I usually use Sunset valley but move all the lots around and place new homes. But currently my favorite that I cannot go without is the original Legacy Island. Its got everything I need and its a super easy world to manage, I would like just a tad more room but don't want to risk downloading any of the other legacy islands as I don't have the expansion packs 2 or 3 use.
  • Tim790Tim790 Posts: 4 New Member
    To me the main worlds that I like are large or medium worlds with a European feel
  • BabyBlueHairbowBabyBlueHairbow Posts: 9 New Member
    I really like Sunset Valley, even tho it's probably the most basic world one could think of. I also enjoy Riverview, Monte Vista, Roaring Heights , Aurora Skies and any of the World Adventure worlds if they count.
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Kendrana said:
    > Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls are my favorites. I like the layout in this two towns a lot, but wish Bridgeport had more empty lots.

mine too!
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sunset Valley and Twinbrook. The sims in Twinbrook are interesting to me for some reason.
    YShQCz1.png
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2018
    LynxQ final version of SV will always be my #1 hood for my sims to live in. Use it as the base for all vacation worlds using Twallans Traveler mod. But too many other worlds to narrow to just one. So listing all the ones my sims seasonally visit each year for vaction/business travel/adventure travel and/or to visit their family/friends relatives (using Nraas SP & Traveler mod). The real world vacation spots are in parentheses.

EA Worlds
    1. ST (any island in the south pacific. Easily the most beautiful and realistic world EA has made to date)
    2. IP (some south american banana republic)
    3. LP (Vegas baby!)
    4. MV (Monticello, Italy)
    5. Uni (any east coast prep Ivy college)
    6. All 3 WA worlds (Far East, Egypt & France)

Player worlds
    • Oahu (Hawaii)
    • Los Angeios by Coasterboi. (LA California)
    • Venice (Venice Italy)
    • London Project (England)
    • Great Bear (Pacific Northwest. Or could be Vancouver or BC in Canada)
    • Winter Wonderland (Vail Colorado)
    • Paris (by SimsKeys) (dead ringer for real life one. Best Paris world in TS3 to date)

I'm wondering what Venice world you are talking about? Do you have a link? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I was referring to NekoCat's Venice Lagoon uploaded to TS3 world forum (back in 2010 when WA came out). It's well made and bug free given its status as an unfinished world. Since the original link was on the TS3 world forum, I lost the link to it. However, NekoCat fortunately uploaded it at MTS3 here

http://modthesims.info/d/396210

Also note there are more current WIP Venice worlds being worked on. It's called Venezia and appears to be the latest version of this world to date. It looks very promising from all the pics so far!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919078/v-e-n-e-z-i-a-realistic-venice-world-wip

Have fun with your sims playing this world and Happy New Year!
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Sunset Valley. Always go back to it, can redo it, rearrange it many ways.

Me too! Played in some other worlds but meh.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I enjoy a lot of worlds. This is one of my fav pics from Sunlit Tides

Sunlit_Tides016.jpg
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    I really like Riverview! It's probably the world I have used the most. I like Bridgeport when I'm tired of the rural feeling and I also use Moolight Falls a lot.
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I dont play in game made worlds i just play in mainly 2 worlds i downloaded called desert city and simsala!!!and i love em!!!
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Ugh, it may sound weird but my favorite world is Riverview. I don't know why, maybe because it's simple and peaceful. I don't have all the EPs + I've never bought a Store world, but Riverview is just the best of these I already have :)

I like also Appaloosa Plains, although I don't like how the dog park and cat park look like. Twinbrook is just okay.

Bridgeport isn't my favorite because (in my humble opinion) it looks dark and gloomy. Paradise Island is beautiful, but only in spring and summer. Falling leaves and snow just don't match to this tropical world.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    gerefteast wrote: »
    Paradise Island is beautiful, but only in spring and summer. Falling leaves and snow just don't match to this tropical world.

In Island Paradise, I turn off autumn & winter as well as snow & hail. I keep spring but shorten it to represent the rainy season.

Firby nurbs!
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    I would do the same thing, but I'm not sure how would it work with other worlds (I mean, when there are saved games in other worlds). I just don't know if each save have its own weather settings. If someone knows, let me know :)
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    gerefteast wrote: »
    I would do the same thing, but I'm not sure how would it work with other worlds (I mean, when there are saved games in other worlds). I just don't know if each save have its own weather settings. If someone knows, let me know :)

Yes, each world can have its own seasons. There's also NRaas's mod called Tempest that lets you customize many things in a season, such as temperature range.
    Firby nurbs!
  • J_Lanz16J_Lanz16 Posts: 6 New Member
    For some reason, I really like Starlight Shores... maybe its because this is where I played the longest time around
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I love Twin Skies because it is HUGE and blank. I can't remember who made it, but I use it a lot.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Karritz

That pic of ST is gorgeous but I just wish for bigger map to play in so often end up playing my tropical games in EA's IP instead..

I also love Cities but because EA's Bridgeport is a little too small for me I play In @rflong7's My bridgeport as there is a lot more space. I also love 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for it's spooky atmosphere but I am currently setting up play in @rflong7's new supernatural world which is absolutely stunning and has separate areas where different supernaturals live which is something I have always wanted.. plus half the map is roadless which is great for various supernatural style play.. not to mention the awesome weather atmospherics..

fairy area of map:

onBZ7Aw.jpg

vampire walled area with skating pond park in centre I added:

lQ2yvBr.jpg

mermaid area

r6TIaNG.jpg

There is also what I call a pirate area, a farm/witch/ wirewolf area so there is plenty of ways to play supernaturals without them being in the same area on the same map which to me is perfect..

so my 3 favorite worlds are EA's IP Tropical world
    Rflong7's My Bridgeport world (City) Modern city life
    Rflong7's supernatural world (a perfect world for supernaturals)

These 3 types/styles of worlds fulfill my main current play/style needs.. :)
    edited February 2018
    @Sparky I might need to get that new Supernatural world. It reminds me a bit of what I've been doing in some EA worlds where I've got supernatural areas set up in different worlds where I've added lots in big empty spaces without roads.

I was thinking I need a world where I can put them all into but I always tend to add too many new lots. I'm going to have to cull some of my fairy homes from Barnacle Bay as I have added too many. I think there's more than 20 in it. And I've added too many witches homes to Dragon Valley.

Barnacle Bay - I've used the brown lines that are all over Barnacle Bay as imaginary paths and have set up my lots in such a way to force my sims to walk along them when moving around my fairy village.

Wills_Place003.jpg

HomeLot022.jpg

I think I've got over 20 of these little houses scattered around this area. Perhaps 10 might have been more suitable. I have used a lot of CC in this village.

Here's a couple of the houses. Two are like 'normal' houses

Nates_Place003.jpg

The rest I've made entrances containing spiral staircases down to their below ground living area. I've 'hidden' them inside trees where possible.

HomeLot020.jpg

Fairy_Home003.jpg

The Witches Village is up top of a plateau in Dragon Valley. There are two separate groups of houses - as the two plateaus on that side of the world are of different heights and they aren't directly accessible from each other.

Air_Ship024.jpg

There are no roads in either village but the sims get from place to place really fast so that isn't a problem.

I've saved my fairy houses and witch houses to my library so I can place them elsewhere. I need to fix up Barnacle Bay though as I added too many to it.

This new world made by @Rflon7 might help me move some of them from Barnacle Bay. I'll get it and see how it goes.

I'm currently working with mermaids and am making videos about my mermaids and putting them up on YouTube.

Actually, I'm eventually moving my mermaids to another of Rflong7's worlds. Cake Island. I'm building their house there and adding dive lots as well as mermaids need to dive.

A pic of part of the new mermaid lot on Cake Island.

CIMermaids_MayaOcean001.jpg

They arrived in Cake Island to a totally empty lot - there are more than mermaids here as I added a few humans as well. I've got mods to let me have more than 8 in a household.

Everyone001.jpg

I gave them a really big pool. And they have an even bigger pool in the basement out of the sun. But they still need to dive in salt water.
    CIDL001.jpg

Here they are diving in my first dive lot. I deleted this one as it was too deep and too hard to get good video of them diving.

CIDL006.jpg

The new dive lot I built is much better but I don't have pictures of it yet.
    @Karritz

I am stunned by what you have been able to achieve in your various worlds especially the illusion of forcing your sims to walk along your imaginary paths which is something I would never have thought about until you mentioned it now so all kudos to what you achieved there-)

I defo recognise some of that lovely CC you have been using to create your effects I have used the same in my game and love the effects it creates -) however for me personally I have never been able to create a supernatural one world map illusion that satisfies me without some lots/sims defo looking out of place (especially in world map view) I have always wanted a one world map enabling all supernatural beings to live in their own areas so it could become my go to world when I want to play supernaturals exclusively so when Rflong7 released her new supernatural world and I realised I could have that I knew it would become one of my most played in worlds when I had finished designing it the way I would like for example now I can have fairies and fairy houses in one area, vampires with the way I would like them to be portrayed in another and of course witches/werewolves and even mermaids with beaches that don't look out of place so for me this world far outweighs any kind of EA world where I have tried to achieve this sort of look/style before..

Everything you have achieved in your pics above looks gorgeous so if you were to play in Rflong7's world I can only imagine what you would be able to create there that would suit the world.. I am at a disadvantage of course because I am such a crap builder however other players are making lots for the world that suit it perfectly and if you don't mind me saying so from your pics I would love to see one of your creations made for that world as it would suit it perfectly..

If you decide to come and join us and have a look around at what we are all doing in this world take a look at the following link

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/922535/supernatural-island-wip/p11

I laughed when I saw what you are doing in cake island as well because I am about a 1/4 through this world trying to make it into a vacation disney style destination world using the NRASS vacation mod and I loved reading about what you were doing with that world as it shows how different players see/use different play styles in the same worlds :)

Those houses are beautiful in your pics did you make them yourself or download elsewhere?

Maybe you should try making your own world? I am sure if it looked like the pics above players would be interested :)
    @SPARKY1922 I've never tried to build a world. I did open the tool once a few years ago and decided not to do more with it. I am so busy doing so many other things.

I built all of the lots I've used in my fairy village and in the witches village. They are full of CC so I wasn't planning to load them to the Exchange.

I'll have a look at your link later too. Right now I have to rush off and prepare for tomorrow - starting a new job. Need to be able to make pivot tables and don't usuallly use them as I generally do the same thing by writing VBA to achieve the desired results.

This morning I spent some time making a short 12 minute video of my build in progress in Cake Island. Someone wanted to see my mermaids swimming in the dive lot I made. All of it is still very much a work in progress though. If you watch it you'll get an idea of how much of a mess I can make while working out what works and what doesn't.

It finally finished loading to YouTube - here's the link if you'd like to see the current state of the lot I'm building for them on Cake Island and the dive lot too.

https://youtu.be/NdhlA_L9Y4M

@Karritz

First of all good luck with your new job and you lost me completely with the following sentence " Need to be able to make pivot tables and don't usually use them as I generally do the same thing by writing VBA to achieve the desired results" lol :)

I love what you are doing I basically just used the last world to test/try everything I want to eventually use in the world for good but because I cannot build I find the thought of building ports and trying to add a diving lots etc completely daunting.. however the dive lot you have created looks quite deep which I thought was not so possible in worlds that come without a deep water?

I thought you meant you had added a dive lot kind of ready made not that you had created one by from scratch and painted yourself-) what is the reason your sims cannot click on the fish is that because of spawners do you think..well whatever it is totally well done so far :)
    edited March 2018
    @SPARKY1922 thanks for your comments.

I've been out all day - just got home and have to rush out again but - there are spawners that are non catchable fish. I put one in the dive lot and didn't like the non catchable fish so I'll just get rid of that spawner. If you have Island Paradise installed, go to buydebug and filter on Island Paradise and have a look at the names of the fish spawners. You'll see what I mean.

I have to rush out now and collect my dogs from the groomer. They'll be ready in about 30 mins and it might take me that long to get there.

Happy Simming.

I haven't launched the game yet today - might do that when I get back with the dogs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top