Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want in a generations pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    omg there are so many WONDERFUL Ideas here I don't know what to add myself. Everything i've thought of has been mentioned lol So I want to say GREAT Ideas everyone!! I really hope they are used in a Generations Expansion [pack it would be totally awesome to see them all in action in the game! :)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ohnotherancorohnotherancor Posts: 68 Member
    I really just want interactions and actions that are more than just talking or offscreen popups or text choose-your-own-adventure prompts. Things like rollerblading, tag, jumping rope, and treehouses all sound amazing. Kids playing tricks on each other and being mischievous would be great. I have no idea why children can't level up in mischief as of now.

The club functions in Get Together would actually mesh really nicely with making social cliques. It kind of works now since you can customize reactions to other clubs and stuff, but it'd be nice to have more child and teen specific actions that could be added to the mix.
  • vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I want toddlers too but I really hope we get more stuff for teens first or at same time. It seems like teens are the same as adults and I hate it. Same height, aspirations, clothes wtc. There are no teen specific aspirations and there should be, just like kids. The adult ones all require being an adult so strating them as teens is pointless. There's so much wasted opportunity with teens! Where are the good grade aspirations? Getting accepted into a popular club?

What about teen specific activities? Parties? Clothes?

I so badly want there to be more stuff for teens to do. Love any juice drinking ideas. Prom and graduation should be included.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    I've been wishing that sims could still have family interactions with their parents even after they grow up. Right now the only difference between an adult sims's parent and another sim is that they can't do romance interactions. I think it's a bit sad since I'd like to feel like the parents still have a special relationship with their adult kids!

Maybe they could have some interactions like:

-Give career advice (not just for Business sims!)
    -Teach about budgeting
    -Nag about marriage
    -Nag about grandchildren

I would also like it if the parents got sad when their kids moved out, though I don't know if that would be possible to do.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2016
    I love the idea of family mausoleums.

It's GENERATIONS, after all, so by definition that should include all the generations that are no longer with us. Add in a cemetary lot, and have Sims go there to purchase a family lot/mausoleum where we can store all of our urns and graves.

I'm all for haunted houses, but sometimes it can be a bit much, and there's not always a lot of space.

Just to add on to what other Simmer have said:
    1. Middle child syndrome. YES PLEASE! It could be an interesting new trait that your Sims earn by having an older sibling and a new baby in the household. As an adult, they could try to start fights at Christmas/Snowflake Day (seen this happen WAY too often IRL)
    2. Pre-teens. Not so sure about this one. Making them shorter adds in a bunch of animation issues (have you tried height slider mods? Messes everything up), and also introduces compatibility problems. All of a sudden Pre-teens can't use objects added in later EPs, because the animations don't exist. At least with Toddlers, it's expected that they'll have activities that only they can do.
    wJbomAo.png
  • DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    I think if we had just one plot for Cemetery, editable so that we can create our own Haunted Bar or House and celebrate Halloween but then outside that holiday, give a place for the ghosts to have fun and let the SIMS crash them for once in awhile. A place for SIMS to put their dead instead of destroying because you have 3 generations piling up in the backyard. The ability to "LOCK" the ghosts in or not but a whole new adventure of ghosts and SIMS are possible.

Only a single 50 x 50 plot would really spice up the game and give a whole new meaning to Generations. If possible it could be within Windenburg to compliment the Bluffs or new area on the far seascape.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Toddlers, I want em. Children, they need more furniture and playground objects. Teens, they need special teen socializing Interactions and more sneaky things to do.
  • AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    I know its small, but having the option to change one of your sims last name when getting married. Like the naming the baby window, but with arrows so you can change the males last name if you wanted :p
    AngiesSmith.png
  • AnnaSims123AnnaSims123 Posts: 90 Member
    Toddlers and Pranks for teens
    Tons of things for Teens, Children, and Elders.
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    Sims 3 Styled Scrapbook
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2016
    Lishacake wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Lishacake wrote: »
    I want all the stuff that was in TS3 Generations. :) I loved the treehouses so much; they were great.

The one thing I do not want back is the whole parental punishment system. Being able to ground kids sounded good on paper, but the execution was annoying in-game. My sim's kid was given a time-out for something bad they'd done, so they had to go in a corner. Then they desperately needed the loo but couldn't go because they were still in time-out. They then had an accident, which cancelled out the time-out interaction and led to them being scolded. It was just ridiculous. :P

what if the parental-punishment was option and you could choose to pick a punishment for the sims' children/teens?
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, if it was optional I would be happy with that. I'm sure other people probably liked the system. If we could customise that, it'd be great. Just like irl, some parents are more strict/laid-back than others. So it'd be great if we were able to customise how they'd respond to their kids if they misbehave.

I did like that if children/teens did chores they could be "let off the hook". One of my children skipped school (I didn't even realize she never got on the school bus) and got grounded, but she went out and raked the leaves (this was post-Seasons) and her parent forgave her and took her off restriction. Or my teen got brought home by the cops after curfew but did the laundry to get off restriction.

What would I like in a Generations pack?
    • Family tree improvements: No more culling in the family tree; also, recognition of step-relationships (step-parent, step-child) and in-law relationships.
    • Relationship improvements; A Faithful purchasable trait, so Sim spouses don't go randomly flirting with other Sims when your back is turned.
    • Toddlers: This is a given, and should be in a free patch prior to pack release. Ability to teach toddlers to walk/talk/use potty, toddler foods (maybe a blender to make them from fresh produce if you're a gardener), toddlers get into a lot of mischief if you're not keeping an eye on them (thinking of Sims 2 where they would splash in the toilet and make a mess)
    • Children: More skill-building items, like a toy stove for Creativity that would allow children to develop Cooking skill after they max out Creativity. Ability to learn Fitness after maxing out Motor skill. Activities such as gymnastics and ballet (Motor skill).
    • Pre-teens: new age stage. Would be able to finish up whatever Child Aspiration was in progress. Would be able to play with toys and on the playground equipment but would get embarrassed if caught doing it. A lot of moodlet swings. Ability to have "crushes" (romantic interests) and light romantic interactions like kiss cheek but no Mess Around,
    • Teens: Teen-specific outfits (I'm tired of seeing Elders dressed like they're in high school). Maybe ability to specify what outfits can be worn by what age group. Savings accounts so that money earned in part-time jobs or from collecting/writing/painting can be taken with them when they move out (especially when we get a University pack) instead of being lumped into the household funds where it's never seen again. Prom/graduation (the latter could hold off till a University pack if one is in the offing).
    • YA/Adult: More careers, revamped career system (not as many restrictive requirements), relationship improvements as detailed above.
    • Elders: More activities (bingo, shuffleboard). Enable babysitting so they can babysit their grandchidren,
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PixelChampionPixelChampion Posts: 50 Member
    For kids and teens, you could have them "join a sports team" where they left for an hour or two , befriend their teamates and raise their motor/athletic school, and the player could make decisions for them like when the are at school or adults when they are at work. And of course there would be moodlets like "Made the winning goal" "Fell on the field" or "Rage quit".
  • Paige3771Paige3771 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd like to see more interactions between parents and kids like perhaps the parents could give a child sim a piggy back ride or push them on a swing. Also I'd like for the ts3 style playground to come back. If toddlers are introduced mini toddler playground equipment would be cute. Also child sims should be able to interact more with toddler sims than in the sims 3. I feel strollers should come back as well and possibly sand boxes. If possible washing machines should also return to the game for a realistic aspect.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Anything but toddlers.
    At first I thought it kinda sucked they were taken out but the constant complaining of players has put me off toddlers. I hope we won't get them.

Really lol!
    Man are you sure you even Wanted them in the first place?
    That's so funny.

Yes the constant complaining of people complaining about the complaining of toddlers lol!

Some People can be very hypercritical on these forums lol!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited May 2016
    I would like fully fledged life stages again.

Newborns .
    I know we are stuck with but at least more items for them

Baby bath
    Changing station
    Feeding table
    Bouncer
    Rattle
    Stroller

Etc Etc

Toddler's

I would like some of the 20 items they have in freeplay to play with and made more independent like freeplay with some of the past elements from the others games they came in.

Clubhouse
    Stroller
    Bouncer
    Rocking horse
    Sand pit
    Toy kitchen
    Toy oven
    Toy house
    Costume chest
    Toddler pool
    Toy tea set
    See-saw
    Swing set
    Blackboard
    Toy bike
    Toy blocks set
    Toy train set
    Toy car race set

Teaching to walk,potty train, talk, sing

More family play interaction's than in the past and great choice of clothing and hair including some Afro ones.

Child

More content for the bedroom, toys and child activity's, interaction's.

Preteens

These are really needed because of how teens look more like any adult sims with this game. Teens used to be such a cute age to play but in this game I feel like I am playing a young adult.

Preteens would help with this again with their own bedroom content/ new interactions, skills and even teen type games and activity's like

Sport items (jocks)
    Band items (rebels)
    Games and comic's (nerds)
    Singing, acting, comedy, party's (preps)
    Pranks like from the sims 3 generations

As for teens I don't know. I just don't see them as such!

Similar to how they were in the sims 2 with bedroom content and activity's and skills for them, interactions, school graduation, prom etc etc

Young adults and adults already have so much!

Elders could do with more items,i interactions and clothing and hair.

Walking stick
    Bird feeding in the park
    Bingo night
    Book club
    Tea and cakes
    Old folks homes

Paige3771 wrote: »
    I'd like to see more interactions between parents and kids like perhaps the parents could give a child sim a piggy back ride or push them on a swing. Also I'd like for the ts3 style playground to come back. If toddlers are introduced mini toddler playground equipment would be cute. Also child sims should be able to interact more with toddler sims than in the sims 3. I feel strollers should come back as well and possibly sand boxes. If possible washing machines should also return to the game for a realistic aspect.

Brilliant idea's here and agree with them B)

poppykoke wrote: »
    Tons of things for Teens, Children, and Elders.

Agree!

But with more for the newborn!

We should be able to wash and dress and play with them and change nappys without it all being done in a crib :#

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Toddlers!-need I say more?!!
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I want common sense :)
    Toddlers & breedable/moveable gnomes.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2017
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    ugh so much I"m hoping for. Pretty much any one of the ideas on my signature(it's an old thread I made years ago. packed with so many things x_x). With the return of toddlers I'm extremely optimistic, so I'm hoping for the best <3. These also have good ideas as well!
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    I would like to bring back the Adult/Child "Play" interactions from The Sims 2

screen10.jpg

I agree. Their just isn't enough child interaction with older members and teen interaction whereas for toddler they're more interaction than children probably why toddlers are more fun to play with
  • Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Playground equipment