Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection UPDATE!

nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
Hi Simmers,

So I have exciting news!

There is an update for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection! (YAY!) (How? I don't know, but there is!)

*FYI, this is based on my experience with downloading the update, also, I have a Windows 10 device*

So first, I went into Origin, right clicked on the box for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and then clicked: "Check for Update". It verified the files and then did some other things, and then it said my game was up-to-date. I went into the game, and it didn't seem like anything changed.

After that experience, I just uninstalled the whole game through Origin, and then reinstalled it. It took a while, but it all got reinstalled. Before I went to play the game, a message popped up saying there was an update to be installed. I had the option to either: play without the update being installed, or install the update and then play. Of course I picked to update the game before playing it!

The update wasn't that big, just took a few seconds to install, but when it was done, I went in and started playing the game once again.

At first, I didn't notice anything different, like before; maybe just a little speed boost, but when I got into playing a household, that's when I started to notice the difference the update brought for me.

First, shadows. For me being on a Windows 10 device, shadows in the game were big, black rectangles under my sims, but now they are fixed and work properly like they should. Goodbye annoying, dark rectangles!

Second, other players have been saying the glitch in "Buy Mode" is gone, but it's still happening for me. To be honest, I really don't mind it, maybe it was reduced a little for me because it seems not to be as bad as it was before, but it's still there. It might be different for you or other players, but not for me, sadly,

So that's the update. It's really small, takes little time to install, and hey, it's an update!

In my opinion, you should update to it. It might take some time, but it does improve on some aspects and bugs that were there.

Hopefully this helped and informed all you Simmers out there! :smiley:

Happy Simming!

~ Nate3300Simmer :smile:
Nate3300Simmer

Comments