Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return of the missing collections issue

This was fixed a long time ago but now it's back - if you move a Sim in or out of the current household, all of your Collections reset. You only get credit for current items in your household or Sims personal inventory. Any collections you've already found do not show up you've since sold the the item. Am I the only one seeing this issue again?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    I think that this is an ongoing issue that when you move a sim out of a household, the collections reset. There are other simmers who are having the same thing occur in their game as well.
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Yeah, I used to have it. Then it was fixed. And now it's unfixed.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Do you mean on the Sim that moved out or the family that remained ?

I've tried a few scenarios:

- Move out 1 Sim to existing family: Family left behind still had all the stuff, even the frogs and space prints I had sold
    - Move out 1 Sim to new family: Same
    - Move out entire family to new home: Family kept her collection, including sold stuff
    - Move out entire family to existing home: Family lost collection.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2016
    crinrict wrote: »
    Do you mean on the Sim that moved out or the family that remained ?

I've tried a few scenarios:

- Move out 1 Sim to existing family: Family left behind still had all the stuff, even the frogs and space prints I had sold
    - Move out 1 Sim to new family: Same
    - Move out entire family to new home: Family kept her collection, including sold stuff
    - Move out entire family to existing home: Family lost collection.

Brand new game - only 1 played household (Aiden). Aiden's townie girlfriend got pregnant. Moved her into his house. He had a baby with another Sim (He's a bit of a dog) - moved just the illegitimate baby in. Not sure which of those moves caused everything to disappear but it's ALL gone now.
  • Options
    That's a case I haven't tested. Moving someone in.

I'll test that tomorrow and let you know.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Tried this and it also didn't loose anything.

You did use the household manager right or testing cheats ?

@SomeChick1
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Yep, only way to move in babies that I know if is to go to Manage household. I also bulldozed the lot and downloaded a new house from the gallery in the midst of all of this. Don't remember of collections were still there before/after that. Maybe that could be the reason and not moving in/out Sims. They have outgrown their current house so I'll get a new one sometime this weekend and will check and see if that is the root cause. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this! @crinrict
  • Options
    Ok, then I think it was the cheat that's the issue here. I had someone at AHQ report similar issues and when they didn't use the cheat, they had no issue.

Do you maybe have a before game that you could this verify on ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    What cheat? I bulldozed the lot and downloaded a house with earned Simoleons. I did the ask to move in with the pregnant girlfriend and go to Manage Households to move in the illegitimate baby. @crinrict
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    add them with testingcheats I mean

Miscommunication it seems then

Trying Ask to move in then.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Oh :) I did that with the Pregnant Sim but you can't ask a baby to move in, lol. Bitter custody battle so the state had to come in a physically remove the child. This had to be done from Manage Worlds but didn't enter any cheat codes, just used the transfer Sims from one household to the other.
  • Options
    OK.

If you have backups, it would be great if you can try find out which of the two moves triggered the issue.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Sorry for necroing an old thread, but since this seems to be a common thing that has happened to a lot of people for a very long time, didn't see the point of starting a new thread.

In my case, I definitely did use the Add to Household cheat to add two townies to my household, then afterwards I used Manage Household to separate them into their own households, tagged them back to unplayed, but saved them to favorites. The reason why I did this is that the said townies never appeared in my Unplayed households so that was the only way to favorite them and make sure they're safe from culling.

That in itself is a bug I wish was fixed, the Unplayed households tab in Manage Households is weirdly picky about who it allows in there. That's even after manually deleting most of it, and new sims spawning into it, some townies that have friendships with played sims and have been recently active still don't show up in it.

The actual related bug is of course that after I did that, the played household's collections were reset. Which is a tad inconvenient since one of them was working on the Angling Aspiration busily all her life. I did notice though that although the collection was reset in the collection window and Aspiration count started from 0 again, the Notebook still has a list of all the fish she's found. I'll probably use that, make a manual list, and once she has the twenty required fishies, I'll just complete the aspiration with a cheat at that point.

Related to that bug I've noticed that recently the aspiration counters are weird. As in: when going somewhere else, after loading it shows up as zero, but when it's re-triggered, the correct number comes up. Example: she has found 12 different fishies. She goes to Forgotten Grotto. Aspiration counters shows 0/20. She catches a new fish she hasn't caught before. Suddenly the aspiration counter shows 13/20.

I've had that happen at least in Forgotten Grotto and Sylvan Glades. Also seen the number sometimes be flaky with other aspirations too, but since my main focus has been with fishing, that's what I've noticed most. I've never seen -that- happen before, so thought to mention.

That's also why it took me a lot of time and searching people with similar problems to realize that the reason why it doesn't trigger back this time is because the townie-saving reset the collections. Sigh.

If there's any actual bug-report threads about related problems, please let me know! (Did search there too, but couldn't find anything.)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hello @Lumiasta
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    With the aspirations counter issue, you may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site thread, and post feedback there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    Before posting though, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

With the Collections issue, there is a bug report thread on the site, but it is more for when Collections are lost when moving /travelling.
    It may be best to also start a new thread on your issue using the bug template for posting new threads, which would be helpful,for the developers when they are looking at the issue.

• Options
    Thank you, @rosemow, I did just that!
  • Options
    Yeah, this still happens in my game. I gave up on collecting.
  • Options
    SomeChick1 wrote: »

Hello
    If you have tested it lately and the issues are still occurring, you may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    Instead of giving up I gathered several groups of collections and saved them to my gallery. The Angling Ace aspiration seems particularly touchy. No matter what Sim I used the game never quite registered all the required fish.
    For this reason I created Fish Collection to use once all the other goals were met.
    *Contains 22 Base Game and 5 Outdoor Retreat Fish
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/1A8C8E4887A111E784DB7015EE61C008
    fish_b10.jpg
  • Options
    I did some further testing for the Collection Reset thing. Cheat-adding just one sim to the household and removing him in Manage Households did not reset collections. Removing the household's teenager daughter into her own household did not reset the collections. Asking two sims to move in with a family (through the Ask To Move In interaction, not cheats) and then removing them with Manage Households did reset collections. Removing three out of a six-sim household (sims created together a long time ago) did reset the collections.

My current theory is that it does not matter how the sims were added into the family, what matters is how many sims leave at the same time. Removing just one doesn't seem to trigger the reset, but removing more than one at the same time does.
  • Options
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    I did some further testing for the Collection Reset thing. Cheat-adding just one sim to the household and removing him in Manage Households did not reset collections. Removing the household's teenager daughter into her own household did not reset the collections. Asking two sims to move in with a family (through the Ask To Move In interaction, not cheats) and then removing them with Manage Households did reset collections. Removing three out of a six-sim household (sims created together a long time ago) did reset the collections.

My current theory is that it does not matter how the sims were added into the family, what matters is how many sims leave at the same time. Removing just one doesn't seem to trigger the reset, but removing more than one at the same time does.

Hello
    It is helpful to read the results of your testing.
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen - For awhile I was keeping whole collections until completed, then put the plaque or if no plaque, a photo of the collection on the wall as proof and sell the collection. Even if the game didn't recognize, my Sims knew the truth! lol.

But then I couldn't find the last rare Sims trophy, insects wouldn't spawn, couldn't get the space fruit no matter how many space trips my Sim went on (This was pre-City Living) . It just became too aggravating. *Shrug*