Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Master Controller Help

kmt12459kmt12459 Posts: 10 New Member
Okay so I am really into warrior cats and am going to be making a YouTube series about some clans. I got the master Controller so I could have more than 6 cats but when I get more than six, their image doesn't show up on the side. What do I do?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor mod help thanks
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Two ways to work with overstuffed households once you have one.

1 - Space bar to toggle through your active sims (including pets) until the icons flip over to the second "page." This should work, but will slowly drive you insane. :/

2 - Get PortraitPanel. It opens up the number of icons on the left side panel to up to 24.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/PortraitPanel

For more about overstuffed households and the NRaas mods to work with them:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Overstuffed
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Animal_SimmerAnimal_Simmer Posts: 79 Member
    You want to have Mastercontroller, Portrait Panel (Which will give you more portraits.) And also Woohooer, if you want to try for kittens when your household is full.
  • Options
    Animal_SimmerAnimal_Simmer Posts: 79 Member
    I also really like warriors and have a Clan or two myself. I have FogClan and EchoClan.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    You want to have Mastercontroller, Portrait Panel (Which will give you more portraits.) And also Woohooer, if you want to try for kittens when your household is full.

@Animal_Simmer, We are not allowed to mention the "W" mod as it has things that can raise the rating. So once you become a full member, you migjt want to edit this post to remove that mod's name from it... ;)
  • Options
    SimsLover0423SimsLover0423 Posts: 10 New Member
    Need a bit of help, so one of my sims moved out and lives with her partner and sometimes I peek inside her old home to see what her family is up to but all they do is stand around for hours doing nothing. Is there an option on Mastercontroller or Story Progression where they can do things and not stand around? lol
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Need a bit of help, so one of my sims moved out and lives with her partner and sometimes I peek inside her old home to see what her family is up to but all they do is stand around for hours doing nothing. Is there an option on Mastercontroller or Story Progression where they can do things and not stand around? lol
    When you say peek inside her home, do you mean through the windows or by hovering over the house? If so, I'm afraid that this is expected game behavior much of the time. Ever since a very early patch, around the time of the WA release, inactive resident sims will tend to hibernate inside of their houses not doing anything (staring at the walls, if you can see them) with the game itself taking care of their basic needs, until they are actually pushed to do something on-screen or your sims go over to visit them and become invited inside (lot greeted).

If you want the residents of a house you are watching over to be animated, you can use MC to Open the lot. As you watch them, the sims should eventually spring into action and you will see them taking care of themselves and engaging in various activities while at home provided autonomy is on and working correctly.
    NRaas > MC > Open (on the lot or lot's map tag)
    NRaas > MC > Close to close it up again

Lots that are MC Opened will close themselves up automatically the next time the game is started up and that world loads.

You can also use the NRaas HomeOpener mod to open all of the inactive lots at once -- there's no options associated with this mod, it's all or nothing. But a downside of using it is that in worlds with over a certain number of households it will become a significant drain on performance as all of that extra activity across town can cause lag and much increased RAM usage (this is why EA chose to slap on the hibernation "feature"); it's also difficult to work with if you remove the mod as every lot in town will remain Open even after starting up again and will have to be Closed manually with MC, one at a time should that be needed. Another oddity is that your sims become invited inside (lot greeted) on all household lots at once this way, so they can freely walk into any sim's house in town. You may find them having dinner and then washing their dishes at a neighbor's house or taking their laundry out of their washer and using the dryer next door. That effect, odd though it is to see, only applies to active sims though. Inactives will stay in their own houses unless invited into that of another.

SP works in part by pushing stories on sims that are not animated on-screen and they get the results of those stories even if the sims involved are not actually acting out the activities being described for us to watch.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    @igazor - Is there a setting anywhere on Master Controller (or any of the other NRAAS mods) that will prevent the choppy horse gallop once they achieve Level 10 for racing? I have several NRAAS mods, but have not been able to find help with this particular problem. I also checked an independent mod, but apparently the mod (and the link to it) has been broken for some time now. I would rather use an NRAAS mod because they are dependable and are being maintained. :smiley:
  • Options
    SimsLover0423SimsLover0423 Posts: 10 New Member
    Also in need of some help. No one in my town is getting pregnant and I do have Story Progression on that allows the town to to run but no one is getting pregnant and I don't want to have to use the Instant Baby option. What do I need to do on Master Controller/Story Progression?
  • Options
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    @igazor - Is there a setting anywhere on Master Controller (or any of the other NRAAS mods) that will prevent the choppy horse gallop once they achieve Level 10 for racing? I have several NRAAS mods, but have not been able to find help with this particular problem. I also checked an independent mod, but apparently the mod (and the link to it) has been broken for some time now. I would rather use an NRAAS mod because they are dependable and are being maintained. :smiley:
    I'm afraid this sounds like a game performance issue, although a very specific one, more than something a script mod can help with. I have no experiences with advanced equestrian activities so I'm afraid I've never seen (or heard of) this issue, so I can't really say what is causing it. Perhaps a question on the TS3 Help section at MTS would trigger some good responses?
    http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Also in need of some help. No one in my town is getting pregnant and I do have Story Progression on that allows the town to to run but no one is getting pregnant and I don't want to have to use the Instant Baby option. What do I need to do on Master Controller/Story Progression?
    If you want to make sims of your choosing pregnant by command using MasterController, that would be Pollinate (not Instant Baby).

But I can't say why exactly your inactive sims aren't making babies on their own without more information to go on. How long have you been running this world and SP within it? In many cases, once starting out, the already partnered and married sims don't really know/like each other very well so it's less likely in the beginning that they are going to get romantic and woohoo, let alone try to make babies. This can take some time, depending on the world. Some of them (like Bridgeport) just aren't as conducive to baby making as others.

Are you certain that NRaas SP is activated and actually in control of this world? On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Enable Progression > (should be True).

What is the total resident population of your world currently? On City Hall/computer, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > "X" to dismiss the filter. The other numbers may be interesting, but it's really only the Resident one that is important here.

And what is the population cap for this world? On City Hall/computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Maximum Residents > Human.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm afraid this sounds like a game performance issue, although a very specific one, more than something a script mod can help with. I have no experiences with advanced equestrian activities so I'm afraid I've never seen (or heard of) this issue, so I can't really say what is causing it. Perhaps a question on the TS3 Help section at MTS would trigger some good responses?

Thank you, Igazor! This is a well-known issue from Pets - there are even clips on YouTube that show the problem. If I recall correctly, the person who made the script mod changed it so that they could only gallop like that at Level 11 skill. Since that skill level doesn't exist, it solved the problem. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, the link is broken and no-one has been able to contact the modder. Oh well. :smiley:
  • Options

Thank you, Igazor! This is a well-known issue from Pets - there are even clips on YouTube that show the problem. If I recall correctly, the person who made the script mod changed it so that they could only gallop like that at Level 11 skill. Since that skill level doesn't exist, it solved the problem. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, the link is broken and no-one has been able to contact the modder. Oh well. :smiley:
    Is this not the mod that you require, from Dweiathecat? The download link still works for me.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/61bkyci3h9kvqbj/Animation+Fix.package

Shimrod101 also has his version of a fix available under Retired Modders at The Sims Asylum. Free registration required and one must be logged in to see anything there; look for Gallop Fastest Animation Fix.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Is this not the mod that you require, from Dweiathecat? The download link still works for me.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/61bkyci3h9kvqbj/Animation+Fix.package

Shimrod101 also has his version of a fix available under Retired Modders at The Sims Asylum. Free registration required and one must be logged in to see anything there; look for Gallop Fastest Animation Fix.

Hi @igazor - Yes, that is the one. It does prepare the download and then when I attempt to download I get this message: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I will try Shimrod's version. Thank you so much for your help in searching this out! :smiley:

Edited to Add: Thank you, thank you @igazor!! I was able to register at the site right away and I typed in "Gallop Fastest Animation Fix", downloaded it - and yay - it's in my mods/package folder! I haven't tried it out yet but I am sure it will work and it does say that it doesn't conflict at all with other mods - even better :smiley: Thank you again - you are so very kind to have helped me with something that has been irksome for a long time!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Hi @igazor - Yes, that is the one. It does prepare the download and then when I attempt to download I get this message: <i>The archive is either in unknown format or damaged</i>

I will try Shimrod's version. Thank you so much for your help in searching this out! :smiley:
    MediaFire can be cranky at times, but I was able to download it and open the package file in S3PE. Looks fine, am assuming it will still work on current patch levels (this could be a different issue). It's didn't arrive zipped or compressed in any way, so not sure where that archive error is coming from; it's just a .package file.

But send me a PM if it turns out you still need it and want it uploaded someplace else.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thank you, @igazor! I hope to try Shimrod's this weekend. I will PM you to let you know either way. (I think some of the conflict is between MediaFire and Firefox because I have run into this problem before. Those two don't always want to play nice :smiley: )