Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have yall been a sims game fan?

LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
So how long have yall been a fan of the sims games, I've been a fan of sims1, sims 2, sims3, sims4, and simsMedieval, since 2002 which was sims1 base, how do yall feel you've been fans of the sims series?

Comments

• CRYSTALEXIECRYSTALEXIE Posts: 95 Member
    Since 2016!
  • CRYSTALEXIECRYSTALEXIE Posts: 95 Member
    i feel kinda like a noob! LOL
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I've been a fan since 2004, at the young age of 12. I have every Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4 series and packs :) as well as Sims medieval, which I didn't enjoy to much.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    i feel kinda like a noob! LOL

That's awesome, though!

For me, since 2000 :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Since 2000. Sims 1,2,3 and 4. Life Stories, Pet Stories, Castaway and Sims Medieval. Plus a couple of console versions and Sims FreePlay.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    since 2010 but i got the sims 2 before the sims 3
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Probably 2015...

I mean I have played The Sims on console (for a short time) and only recently started getting into TS again through TS4 so I'm happy to return. :)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Since 2000. My Sims have been my second life for about 16 years now <3
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2016
    So how long have yall been a fan of the sims games, I've been a fan of sims1, sims 2, sims3, sims4, and simsMedieval, since 2002 which was sims1 base, how do yall feel you've been fans of the sims series?

Same as you, since 2002. I'm very fond of this series, and have played TS1, TS2, TS3, TS4 and TSM.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Since 2011.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited March 2016
    Since the Sims 1 actually (2000), it's been quite awhile! I love being a fan of these series, the Sims series are my favorite of them all, so many memories I have with these games! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Ever since The Sims 1 super secret alpha testing :#
  • Misztwilight617Misztwilight617 Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been a fan since 2003, I was 11yrs old & my cousin had the sims 1 and i remember watching her play all the time and wanting the game for myself, so my mom got it for me for PS2 and then I got TS2 and my love for the game has never died. :smiley:
    tumblr_mu9ep8aRmB1rn1oj5o1_500.gif
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Since the very beginning. Which is why I get all teary-eyed when I hear TS1 soundtrack. I feel so nostalgic and miss the days when I would play for hours and hours and wouldn't get bored (the same happened with TS2 and TS3, but TS1 was different. Those who are fans since the start will probably understand what I mean :D).
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I guess it's been since around '02-'03 something like that? I think I was eleven when I first played it.

I remember me and my sister making ourselves in the sims 1. My sim always wore the blonde Bella head and the horse shirt outfit haha. Whenever we didn't have access to the computer, we would write down our plans for sims families in notebooks until we got to play again, lol. I loved Makin' Magic and I wish I could play it again, but unfortunately our old discs are gone and the game isn't available for Mac, so whatcha gonna do. Anyway, I've been following the Sims series since then and it's a lot of fun!
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    I played the first game when it was relatively new, and then I really enjoyed Sims 2. Had a hiatus for several years after it, though - I haven't played Sims 3 for more than a few minutes on my sister's computer (to try it). So, well, on an off since 2000.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    My dad gave me The Sims: Complete Collection (or whatever it was called xD) in 2004, and a couple of years later I got The Sims 2. Since then I've been a huge fan. I kind of had a break when The Sims 3 came out, as I didn't like the open world system and I honestly didn't give it a real chance. When I see people on the forums posting pictures of their gameplay from TS3, I don't really want to play either. I just don't like how the graphics look.

Buuuut then TS4 came out and I'm pretty hooked again. Have played about 350 hours and am planning to get all the expansion packs. :)
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Got 1,2,3,4 from the start of it all and even tried out Freeplay for a while. I even bought an Xbox to play the early console games. (That Xbox came in useful for playing CD films as well).
    I also get a bit nostalgic like @bythedreadwolf when thinking back to the early The Sims years. I remember the old newsgroups which were friendly and enthusiastic and the astonishing stream of .iff objects and apps to brighten up and correct problems in the basic game.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Since the beginning when ts 1 first came out. It is the only game I play. I love sims 3, but sadly sims 4 is a bust for me. Well I hope to enjoy sims 5 and all future games. One can hope hey?
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    Remember Urbz in the city or something like that. I've been a sims fan since then.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Since the summer of 2005. Previously, I wasn't what you'd even remotely consider a 'gamer'. Now, I'm addicted. :open_mouth: Hey, at least, this Empty-Nester was occupied during a very rough patch in my life. It wasn't the kids moving out. It was losing 16 people in a scant two and a half year time frame, starting with my Dad. When I lost my favorite Sim in Sims2 (not realizing you can't plead with Grimmie for death by old age) I cried like a baby!

I wasn't keen on Sims3. But I like Sims4, which could be so much better than it is currently. I no longer play everyday. Which I did even with Sims3, despite my love/hate relationship with it. Sims4 has many good things going for it, but after all of this time playing (737 hours played, not counting the other two version of Origins which had me over 300, each) I've finally come around to what others saw right away. This game is just too light weight.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Since 2001 with sims 1-4. I also played Sims Strangetown and Castaway on PSP. I tried sim stories pets but couldn't get into it.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • gdsssnowmoon69gdsssnowmoon69 Posts: 73 Member
    Since 2000, unless you count Sim City. I own them all, even the original The Sims before double deluxe (which I also bought)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Since 2000. I played Sims 1 and 2 and the console version whenever my computer was on the fritz. I didn't play simcity or 3 for very long. Now I'm playing 4.
    egTcBMc.png