Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Architect career

I just had an idea for a career.
I love building houses and decorating, it would be so much fun if they made it into an career, where townies hire you and you get a budget and some demands, what they want in their home. So you could either build a house from scratch or redecorate an already exciting house.
I would love that so much *_*

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    MjauDuuude wrote: »
    I love building houses and decorating, it would be so much fun if they made it into an career, where townies hire you and you get a budget and some demands, what they want in their home. So you could either build a house from scratch or redecorate an already exciting house.

Agreed! One of my sims was an architect in TS3 and I'd love to have that back. I used to like decorating his walls with his architectural sketches, so I'd love that feature back too. I think that so many simmers really enjoy building in the game, and I know of several people who were inspired to pursue an architectural career in real life because of the game, it would be fab to have this aspirational career in the game! Plus, I like to play as though my sims are the ones doing things, not me: so if I need to modify a building, it would be nice to feel like that is part of the game. Especially if we could have our sims adapt community lots as well as residential, and have separate funds for doing so. Kind of like Town Planning. I used to do this in TS3 with Ani's Tax Collector mod. I'd have an active politics career where the sims at the town hall would raise funds through taxing and fundraising to maintain and improve community lots. Then I'd transfer the funds to the community lots and switch to my architect (who also had an office in the Town Hall building) and have them draw up a sketch, then go to the community lot, build, and then I'd juggle the funds around and my architect would take a payment. It was a bit complex, but it would be great to have that kind of gameplay in TS4 somehow.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    That was my favorite career! Oh how I miss it! A house flipper career would be cool too!
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    This was my favorite Ambitions career as well.
  • MagthordonMagthordon Posts: 2 New Member
    The lack of the architect career is pretty much the reason I stopped playing sims 4 after about a month. I keep checking to see if it got added so i can jump back in. But until then, I just play sims 3.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    It’s be wonderful if we could have this career back, and plenty of the others of course. This was one of my favorites besides the actor career. It’s sad seeing the game so lacking when jobs is what gave the game a good portion of its life
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    An interior designer active career would be so fun to have in the game. Architects deal with the build mode stuff, interior designers deal with the buy mode stuff.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    MjauDuuude wrote: »

My dream is to see that in the game. I loved in The Sims 3 when we were hired and had to makeover a room with a limited budget.
    I feel they could focus a little more in improving the game for players who love the building/decorating mode and an architect career would be soooooooooo great! <3
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Just Yes. One of the things I enjoyed about Sims 3 and the feedback from the employer!
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I believe it'll eventually be patched in cause it's similar to the stylist patch, but for lots.
    caitytrina.png
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I believe it'll eventually be patched in cause it's similar to the stylist patch, but for lots.

It's needed especially for the base game builds.😂