Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error:the VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue

I had Sims 4 downloaded and installed on my desktop, from the moment they released it (through origin). It worked wonderfully. I uninstalled it about 5 months ago because I hadn't really been playing it too often, and figured if I wanted to play it again, I could just reinstall it. Which I've been trying to do for the past week. I downloaded/installed the Sims 3 through origin and it worked fine. Then I tried sims 4 and it downloaded, and it installs, but right as it completes, the message "Error:the VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1)" comes up and then it gives me the option to reinstall the Sims 4 again. I have tried uninstalling origin and reinstalling it, the same error comes up. As well as following the instructions from " forums.the sims .com/en_US/ discussion/ 864654/update- error- error- the- vc- runtime- redistributable - package- was- not- installed- successfully/ p2." I've done everything, including uninstalling security updates and adjusting my firewall/antivirus. I've even ran it as an admin. I'm lost now and really want to play Sims 4. I've even heard this happens with the disc, so I fear if I go buy the Sims 4 disc, it'll keep happening. Please help! Thank you

Comments