Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion packs not showing in launcher!!!

Since the last update my expansion packs is not showing up in the new tab expansion packs and stuff. So when i start my game it is only loading the base game. So after the hundreds of dollars i have spent on Sims 3 i can no longer play all my stuff????

Comments

• foxxiloxfoxxilox Posts: 8 New Member
    > @kimieswildroses said:
    > Since the last update my expansion packs is not showing up in the new tab expansion packs and stuff. So when i start my game it is only loading the base game. So after the hundreds of dollars i have spent on Sims 3 i can no longer play all my stuff????

did you ever find out how to fix this? im having trouble with my sims 3 generations.
  • Browneyedgirl455Browneyedgirl455 Posts: 1 New Member
    :p Having the same problem, when I try to register my game I get the "Oops we can't do that right now".
    Hate to think I spent $20.00 for nothing.
    Help!
  • SummahSummah Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem and now I can't seem to get the seasons sims temperature bar and it's just not the same very angry considering I spent over $100 on these to not get what I originally had.
  • gordysixgordysix Posts: 5 New Member
    @Kim: Which packs no longer display in the "Expansions" tab after installing them via Origin?

@Browney: Which pack code are you trying to redeem, and where are you trying to redeem it? TS3 pack codes must be redeemed on thesims3.com. If that is where you are trying, and it still isn't working, hit up CE and explain the website will not accept your code (assuming it's valid ofc).

@Summah: Is the Seasons pack selected in the "Expansions" tab so the game knows to run that content?

Some of the recent changes are confusing for both returning, and new, players.
  • EthelfriethaEthelfrietha Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd like to add my experience to this one. Pets, World Adventures, and Generations are no longer showing in the Launcher for me. If I click "Install Packs" at the bottom right corner of the launcher, I get redirected to Origin, where all three of those expansion packs show as "Installed." I just fixed a problem in which all my downloads from the Sims 3 Store stopped working. I just wish expansion packs and downloads would work at the same time!
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I'll add to this as well~ since the Origin update, Showtime has been deleted from my account and more than half my saves are unplayable as they used content from that EP.

Worth noting is that the EP is still registered on my TS3 account and appears as selected under my list of EPs.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'll add to this as well~ since the Origin update, Showtime has been deleted from my account and more than half my saves are unplayable as they used content from that EP.

Worth noting is that the EP is still registered on my TS3 account and appears as selected under my list of EPs.
    If rebooting the computer doesn't fix this, try running a Repair Game on TS3 through Origin. If that doesn't do it, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Origin program (only), not your game or packs though.

This kind of thing is unfortunately becoming commonly reported after an Origin update, and especially on mixed disc/Origin installs. The Origin client is not stable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I'd like to add my experience to this one. Pets, World Adventures, and Generations are no longer showing in the Launcher for me. If I click "Install Packs" at the bottom right corner of the launcher, I get redirected to Origin, where all three of those expansion packs show as "Installed." I just fixed a problem in which all my downloads from the Sims 3 Store stopped working. I just wish expansion packs and downloads would work at the same time!

Did you buy any game codes off of ebay or another unauthorized source? If so please see thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918307/anyone-here-have-part-of-their-game-deleted-from-origin/p1

If you have bought your game codes from an authorized source and you have official game codes try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and rebooting your computer.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Responded over here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15834583/#Comment_15834583

But @phoebebebe13 is right, there is also an issue players are having related to packs that were purchased from some unauthorized re-sellers and the codes being revoked.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net