Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Stuff Packs do you think are worth buying?

13...Next

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ohh.. I forgot how much I enjoy having the Movie Night Pack! The movies are wonderful and I enjoy letting my sim choose a favorite movie genre and talking about the film afterwards. Little details like that makes the experience of watching a movie feel more meaningful.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Ohh.. I forgot how much I enjoy having the Movie Night Pack! The movies are wonderful and I enjoy letting my sim choose a favorite movie genre and talking about the film afterwards. Little details like that makes the experience of watching a movie feel more meaningful.

I do love the conversation topics that you can have during and for a short time after seeing a movie! B) I especially love Movie Night Pack for the awesome furniture and clothing! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I've honestly only bought one stuff pack like a week ago because I decided I was going to treat myself.

I got Movie Hangout, and honestly, I'm surprised at how much I like it. I love the stupid little movies, they're adorable and the discussion possibilities after is cute, and I get a kick out of reactions to the movies.

Primarily though, I just really, really love the clothing and build items. I got the pack since it seemed like I would like that element of it, and it's sort of blown me away with just how much I love it. It's right up my alley. Just. I haven't not used the clothing or build items since I got it.

Of course, the novelty might wear off eventually, but as of now, I just think it's lovely.

If I get another one, I'll probably get Kitchen Stuff, because again, I like some of the build and design elements. The ice cream maker is a take it or leave it 'neat' thing for me.

That said, I still absolutely don't think the stuff packs are anywhere near worth the money.
    a63ftuN.png
    Monday wrote: »
    I've honestly only bought one stuff pack like a week ago because I decided I was going to treat myself.

I got Movie Hangout, and honestly, I'm surprised at how much I like it. I love the plum little movies, they're adorable and the discussion possibilities after is cute, and I get a kick out of reactions to the movies.

Primarily though, I just really, really love the clothing and build items. I got the pack since it seemed like I would like that element of it, and it's sort of blown me away with just how much I love it. It's right up my alley. Just. I haven't not used the clothing or build items since I got it.

Of course, the novelty might wear off eventually, but as of now, I just think it's lovely.

If I get another one, I'll probably get Kitchen Stuff, because again, I like some of the build and design elements. The ice cream maker is a take it or leave it 'neat' thing for me.

That said, I still absolutely don't think the stuff packs are anywhere near worth the money.

I've like every pack I've ever gotten for the Sims (since TS1) , but I understand how some people might only like certain themes or certain packs. So, @Monday , I'm glad you are really enjoying Movie Hangout Stuff! B) I'm in love with all the vibrant colors and patterns in this SP. <3
    As for Cool Kitchen Stuff, I thought the ice cream machine was just going to have different flavors like other Sim food. I was pleasantly surprised that several of the flavors actually affect mood. And if you don't have time to make your Sim exercise, and don't have enough reward points to redeem for the Insta-Lean potion, then just whip up a batch of "Taste of Diet" ice cream and you get thinner each time. And if you make your Sim too skinny then there is an ice cream flavor with the opposite effect as well! ;)
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited September 2017
    @PugLove888 Haha, thanks! I was very pleasantly surprised by the pack. Those colors and patterns, they're my absolute favorite. Hands down favorite in the whole game now. I did hear that the ice cream effects mood, and that apparently there are a ton of flavors.

I hadn't even considered the weight gain, and to be honest, that's a part of the game I love too. The weight gain effects, both increasing and decreasing in weight, is sort of another larger incentive for the ice cream maker for me, at least. The weight gain dynamics are one of my favorite of the base elements in the game, so thanks for passing on that bit of info, too!

It's a downward spiral really, because now that I bought one stuff pack, I can't not buy the rest eventually. Goodbye money, you were nice to have once.
    a63ftuN.png
    Monday wrote: »
    @PugLove888 Haha, thanks! I was very pleasantly surprised by the pack. Those colors and patterns, they're my absolute favorite. Hands down favorite in the whole game now. I did hear that the ice cream effects mood, and that apparently there are a ton of flavors.

I hadn't even considered the weight gain, and to be honest, that's a part of the game I love too. The weight gain effects, both increasing and decreasing in weight, is sort of another larger incentive for the ice cream maker for me, at least. The weight gain dynamics are one of my favorite of the base elements in the game, so thanks for passing on that bit of info, too!

It's a downward spiral really, because now that I bought one stuff pack, I can't not buy the rest eventually. Goodbye money, you were nice to have once.

@Monday , I hear ya about wanting all the SP's! :D I'm still missing Spooky Stuff, Fitness Stuff, and Toddler Stuff (even though I desperately want Toddler Stuff!) but I can't afford them right now. :'(
    I really like the two flavors of icecream that affect weight because sometimes I make a Sim really large or really skinny on purpose just for variety in the game, and sometimes for story purposes. With the icecream maker I can keep them like I originally made them.
    The Taste of Diet is especially handy when they live in a small house or apartment where there isn't room for exercise equipment and if they don't have time to always travel to the gym. If your Sim is really large it might take a few servings to get their weight down, but it is still quicker than trekking down to the gym constantly. With one Sim I overdid the weight loss and she was way too skinny so I whipped up a batch of Weight of the World to fix this.
    There are about 9 flavors that effect mood or physical appearance. And about 29 flavors total. A beginner cook only has access to 2 or 3 flavors at first, but any cook that has been cooking for a while will have all flavors up to their level of cooking skill. So you don't need a special "ice cream skill" to worry about! :*
    There is even a flavor that either makes you sad or inspired and has a small chance of allowing a ghost to visit you! Several flavors have different outcomes.
    To make it easier, here is a handy link:
    carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/coolkitchen/
    Many people love Cool Kitchen SP because every home needs a kitchen anyway, LOL. People who love to play families love Kids Room Stuff and Toddler stuff. The wishing well from Romantic Garden Stuff is one of most peoples' favorite items. <3 And while I hate throwing parties in my game, I love Luxury Party Stuff for all the glittery gowns and make up choices! And several of these packs have new jewelry which I think is desperately needed in the game! Vintage Glamour and Luxury Party are great for this! And there is a full body sleeping gown in Vintage glamour that I am obsessed with! :p<3
    But like I said, I have found something to love about every pack. o:) Maybe I'm easy to please, but I've never been disappointed. Others though, have been disappointed. But I think many people just expect too much from stuff packs and are better off sticking to Game Packs and Expansion Packs. I will eventually get every pack, its just a matter of finances at the moment! ;)
    Happy Simming!
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Is it just me, or do the stuff packs in TS4 have lesser items than previous games SPs? I think the previous SPs have more items, because they have at least about 2-3 themes within the SP.

Anyways, back to OP's question, I got the Backyard SP first, because of the fence. I was just frustrated/desperate at how we didn't have a [normal looking] picket fence.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Is it just me, or do the stuff packs in TS4 have lesser items than previous games SPs? I think the previous SPs have more items, because they have at least about 2-3 themes within the SP.

Anyways, back to OP's question, I got the Backyard SP first, because of the fence. I was just frustrated/desperate at how we didn't have a [normal looking] picket fence.

It's... kind of you. The Sims 3 Stuff Packs had more items, but we've heard all about how Maxis delighted in chairs and tables. And they were more expensive too. While there are still chairs and tables, we see more original items - the combo ball-pit and slide, the rock-wall, and the bowling alley are hasty examples.

If you enjoy family play, I'd advise Kids Room and Toddler Stuff. If you're one for parties, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio and Backyard Stuff are all great.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I have almost all the stuff packs excluding spooky stuff, the patio one, and fitness. The only one I don't really use that much would be the bowling one but I use the hair it comes with a lot. I actually really like stuff packs. They're inexpensive and I usually like the build/buy/CAS items they come with. If I don't like the majority of the items or the theme then I pass on it. I may or may not buy the fitness one at a latter date. I like the ear buds and the new exercise channel.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cool kitchen
    Romantic garden
    Kid room
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    Toddler and Bowling are both really good but I love them all so much :)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

It's... kind of you. The Sims 3 Stuff Packs had more items, but we've heard all about how Maxis delighted in chairs and tables. And they were more expensive too. While there are still chairs and tables, we see more original items - the combo ball-pit and slide, the rock-wall, and the bowling alley are hasty examples.

If you enjoy family play, I'd advise Kids Room and Toddler Stuff. If you're one for parties, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio and Backyard Stuff are all great.

toddler stuff is good
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • sophiecatssophiecats Posts: 1 New Member
    Well I personally think that cool kitchen is the best one. I also really like Laundry Day, not because of the washing machines but because a lot of the other furniture is really adorable.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Laundry day pack includes cute cas items as well as the movie pack. Having a butler around is also great (especially when you are a vampire haha) that comes with vintage glamour stuff pack.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Love the butler @GamingTweety
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    I always have outdoor space when I build so I really like perfect patio and backyard stuff. The toddler stuff and kid stuff weren’t really worth it for me.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I'd say all of them are worth except Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen and My First Pet, but it depends on what you're looking for. Imho Romantic Garden is only good for the CAS items and Fitness Stuff only for the Build Buy ones, so they might not be for you. About the other ones, I say catch em all, especially Movie Hangout, Laundry Day and Vintage Glamour.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    I appreciate the discussion but this thread has been inactive for quite some time. Please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top