Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Stuff Packs do you think are worth buying?

Comments

• Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 75 Member
    I really like Cool Kitchen Stuff. At first, I only thought it'd be useful for my chef sims, however I'm now finding it useful just for the variety it offers. I also like the Movie Stuff pack for the CAS items it added. I'm really hoping for a Bedroom stuff pack pretty soon. They definitely need to add some more beds ASAP!!
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    movie stuff
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    None.

I have all the stuff packs because I wanted more content in my game, but truthfully, I don't use them beyond trying out the new gameplay. Most of the time, I forget I bought them in the first place and the two packs I got excited for (Spooky Stuff and Romantic Garden) were letdowns for me.

If I really had to choose, I'd go with Romantic Garden for the wishing well, but my answer to this question is none of them.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Well, i do plan on getting them all, because i truly feel uncomfortable if i can't take the full advantage of all the things the game can offer me.
    With that said, maybe it is true, maybe some Stuff Packs aren't worth the money (Do notice i'm brazilian, so the packs are actually more expensive than 10$ for me) but i really can't help it, once i'm able to, i'm getting them all.

Hey @NightRevolt, actually right now with the dollar around R$3,62 a SP (R$20,00) would cost only $5,50 here hahaha Btw, nice to meet ya buddy :D
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    It depend on what the person is looking for!

Luxury Party Stuff: I loved the clothes in this. I use them all the time, though I only use the objects when I do builds, very rarely in my actual play time.
    Perfect Patio Stuff: Love this pack. Almost always use it when I decide my sims are more 'modern'. Plus yknow... hot tubs.
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: Arguably one of the more debated packs, I really love the clothes and hair that came with it. The furniture is also nice but the real winner is the ice cream machine. The fact you can make ice cream that makes sims lose or gain weight is really useful!
    Spooky Stuff[85] Adds a nice touch. Not everyones cup of tea! The outfits are cute and there are a few accessories (sparkly tights!) that i use in day to day play. I really enjoyed it over the spooky season but don't really use it to much right now. (though some of the objects are useful for making haunted houses!)
    Movie Hangout Stuff: For me this is an awesome little pack. The clothes and furniture are my fave. The only down side is that I wish there was more!! The movies are a nice touch and coupled with get together create a nice little group to play with!
    Romantic Garden Stuff: I needed this pack. My gardens always looked a little boring but now they look freaking adorable! the wishing well is a nice little fun touch and is worth having in you game! i'm not the biggest fans of the clothes for this though...

So If you like building and want some new objects to add i'd say: Perfect patio, Romantic Garden and Movie Hangout
    If you like having a variety of clothes and hair i'd suggest: Luxry party Stuff (evening and party wear), Cool Kitchen (cool casual and cute hair), and movie hangout (bohemian clothing which is a nice addition)
    My favourite for gameplay would be: Perfect Patio, Movie hangout (because of the new movie socials) and Romantic Garden (though I want to say cool kitchen because of the ice cream maker the kitchen stuff isnt as exciting as the rest)

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I really like Cool Kitchen Stuff. At first, I only thought it'd be useful for my chef sims, however I'm now finding it useful just for the variety it offers. I also like the Movie Stuff pack for the CAS items it added. I'm really hoping for a Bedroom stuff pack pretty soon. They definitely need to add some more beds ASAP!!

Bedrooms and underwear, really needed.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Thinking of getting Backyard or Movie Hangout... augh!!! I think I can only get one. Those are prob the best...
  • bmalcolm73bmalcolm73 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have all of them. I love them all! (There have been more that have came out since 2016)
    I really think you should get..... (eleven in order)
    11. Spooky Stuff.. I really think you should buy this last. I use the outfits once in a while, and some decor I use in the house but really this stuff pack is only useful for Halloween.
    10. Christmas Pack.. Again really only useful for Christmas unless decor or CAS items once in a while, but it is free so I totally think that anybody should get this.
    9. Lux. Party Stuff.. Not my favorite. But this is Sims 4's first stuff stuff pack so I mean. If you have sim's who love being fancy go ahead. But the makeup looks kinda alpha and I'm mm so you might wait a little while.
    8. Vintage Glamour.. There is really nothing wrong about this pack. It's just I like other packs better. But again this is a little more on the fancy side, so if you really don't have sims like that. you probably should wait. (This is not modern day as well.)
    7. Kids Room.. This is a really cute and useful pack for simmers out there who have children/teens. But if you play with young adults to elders, there is really no point.
    6. Movie Hangout Stuff.. This pack is super cute if you have family's or your going on a date. But this pack is kinda lacking items in CAS so if your looking for more CAS items your kinda out of luck. This pack comes with one playable object. Its the popcorn machine.
    5. Cool Kitchen Stuff.. This pack comes with a lot of CAS items and build/buy mode items. There is one playable object. The ice cream machine. But a super annoying thing with the ice cream maker is that your sims keep complaining about their brain freeze. But over all you get new appliences!! So that's a WIN WIN!
    4. Backyard Stuff.. This pack is super family oriented!! It has a shark slip and slide and a Walmart slip and slide. You can even make your own lemonade. Their is also a bird feeder that you can refill its super cool.
    3. Bowling Night.. Super family oriented!! Its super fun but their is a lack of CAS items. Overall it's super fun!
    2. Perfect Patio Stuff.. There is a lack of CAS items, but you can have HOT TUBS!
    1. Romantic Garden Stuff.. The garden stuff is awesome. There's a wishing well too. But the men's CAS items I don't care for.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Vintage Glamour and Kids room are nice . I really enjoy the fancy clothing from Vintage and the kids decor items.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited May 2017
    I bought several stuff packs when they were on sale for $5.00. I think they are all worth that price so I am happy with my purchases. I use Backyard Stuff pack the most. I also enjoy Romantic Garden and Perfect Patio.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    Kids Room and Backyard are my favourites. Kids Room really fills a gap - new clothes and activities for children. The collectible cards are a strong feature that work with the battle station, such a great idea. Backyard is full of new gameplay content - water slide, drinks pitcher with new recipes, bird feeder and wind chimes. And also some great items which fill a hole such as 8-seater round table. All of the clothes and items are lovely. Both super worth it in my opinion. :)
  • AbneyTAbneyT Posts: 37 Member
    I only buy stuff packs if they are on sale.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Interesting thread OP. I have all of them. For me the SPs worth buying are vintage SP and movie hang out SP cause of the CAS items. I'm more of a CAS fan. The game play objects are just a nice addition sometimes... some i could live without. They are so cheap though that I don't really mind buying any of them. Its always nice to have MORE stuff in general
    21mbz47.jpg
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    My favorite packs are Romantic Garden, Backyard, and Vintage Glamour.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    I bought Romantic Garden and Movie Stuff. The Well is one of my favourite things, I sometimes watch movies, and I love the CAS that comes with those packs.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    I have all of them, I love them all and, I use them all.
    Depends on your game play. I am a Rotational player and do not like my sims and their houses to look the same.
  • ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    I have every stuff pack and expansion pack for the sims 4 and have been playing around with them all lately trying to fully see if they were a smart buy. In truth I only bought outdoor retreat for the tents and haven't really used them in months. Spa day I only wanted the ability to do yoga and I use that alot in the game. Dine out I use all the time because I like that they can go out and eat which is something I loved back in sims2. Only downfall is I wish we could control our owned restaurants a little more I would have loved to have a family run restaurant. That brings me to get to work I love being able to join my sims at work but when you own a store you should be able to have your sims family work there together .

City living is my favorite pack of all I love the apartments something I missed from sims 2 apartment life. I like the different things that came with the city and events just wish they gave us some building space in the city. Vampires I always liked them so that was the point in buying the vampire pack. Get together I like the clubs and the dance skill and cafe but I just don't feel like the pack was worth it in the end. Bowling Night stuff was something I had to have because I missed taking my sims bowling the only downside is I really missed how back with sims3 I took my college students bowling more than anyone. Vintage Glamour stuff is a pack I love I always use the things that came in that pack the cas items, bb items, but I don't really use the butler.

Backyard stuff I feel was a total waste of money yes I liked the addition of water slides and alot of the cas items and bb items but I don't ever use them. Kids room stuff was a very big deal to me because I feel they never give us anything for the kids and this pack was meant specifically for them I do wish they gave us some more cas items though with it. Romantic garden stuff was a nice pack for more plants other than that I wasn't a big fan. The sims movie hangout stuff is one of my favorites I liked the big tvs with movies and all the cas items and bb items but I wish it would have came with a party event or something to throw a movie night. Cool Kitchen Stuff I use alot I like the cas items and bb items my favorite has got to be the ice cream maker I use it all the time with my sims and they love it except when they get a special kind of scoop of ice cream.

I had to have perfect patio stuff to get hot tubs that was a must I love using hot tubs in my game and it would be weird to not have them. Luxury Party stuff was another bust I use the items but to me they were't worth $10 but that is just my opinion I know others that call me crazy for not liking that pack. Spooky stuff I never ever use I used it once in a kid restaurant where all the staff were dressed up as fairy tale creatures.

In the end it comes down to what you really want in your game. If you want one specific item and your only way of getting it is in a pack then there you go its the price you have to pay if you want something extra for your game.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Seems to me that if you like to download other peoples houses or lots from the Gallery, then you will need Perfect Patio and Cool Kitchen! I do not have these packs yet but every stinkin' house I wish to download uses items from 1 or BOTH of these packs! LOL :p :D I only have a few of the packs so far (Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, and Kids Room Stuff) and the one for me that is most used is the Kids Room Stuff but that is because I love making families and playing them as well. But that is just me. If you prefer to make your Sims be single and play the field, then this wouldn't be the pack for you! ;)
    Every pack has something in it that I really want (Luxury Party and Vintage Glamour have jewelry, hair, and clothing that I love and cant wait to use; Backyard and Perfect Patio have some nice gameplay features and furniture that I really want; Bowling Night would be great to incorporate with Get Together if you make a bowling club! Its also family friendly, which I enjoy. Cool Kitchen would be useful because like several people mentioned all your Sims need a kitchen anyway, so these items are likely to actually be used. Spooky stuff will go nicely with the Vampires pack if you have it, and like @usa3766 stated, it will be very useful if and when they release a Seasons pack! <3
    But I agree with @NightRevolt in that I will get every pack when I can, because I want the full Sims experience, and variety is the spice of life! o:)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I buy Stuff Packs anyway, or at least I did until Bowling came along, which was not merely disappointing in quantity but just generally made me think, "Where in my game am I even going to use these things?" It was about bowling, and even the rugs had bowling pins all over, which wouldn't have been so bad if the bowling hadn't been so bad itself. So the only place most of it would fit in is in a bowling fanatic's house.

To some extent, Stuff Packs are cool. It's just that they never seem to have quite what you were really looking for.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I play rags to middle class YA sims. They mostly live indoors all of their lives because I place them in apartments (no backyards). This way more than half of the stuff packs are useless to me. Go EA!

Luxury Party : my sims are poor.
    Romantic Garden : I don't have a backyard.
    Perfect Patio : I don't have a backyard.
    Backyard Stuff : I don't have a backyard.
    Cool Kitchen : Ice cream machine? not worth 10$
    Spooky Stuff : Once a year stuff. not worth 10$
    Movie Hangout : I bought that one. liked it too.
    Vintage Glamour : I bought that one. kind of nice.
    Bowling Night : I bought that one. I only use the CAS stuff, the venue is disappointing.
    Kids Room : I don't like kids. I rarely play families. There's enough in the base game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I can more easily say what I like least, which is Halloween and Movie Hangout. I almost never use anything from either and it's irritating that Sims will get bored watching a movie and that they almost always select a movie rather than a TV channel. I think the ones I like the most are Kids Stuff, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Romantic Garden and Backyard Stuff.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Of all the Stuff Packs that I think are worth getting, I would choose Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, and Vintage Glamour due to their included content (Hot Tubs, Ice Cream maker, Wishing Well, and Butlers respectively) as well as Kids Room and Toddlers if you play kids or families. The other Stuff Packs on the list, I'm not sure if spending money (unless if it's a sale) on the others (Luxury Party, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Bowling Night, and Fitness) would be worth it.

Keep in mind that depending on preference, some Stuff Packs may be useless to you. For example, Kids Room and Toddlers (and the Parenthood Game Pack) are useless if you only play Households with Young Adults through Elders while Romantic Garden and Backyard are less useful in San Myshuno due to the Apartments since they're indoors although Penthouses can be used to workaround that.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I have all the Stuff Packs now except Fitness, Spooky, and Toddlers (can't afford it right now, aaargh!). Funny even thought I don't throw that many parties, I love the Luxury party Stuff because there are a lot of new makeup options! <3 I haven't done much with the Bowling stuff yet ( I just got it recently) but I do love the bowling shirts and the women's hair styles! But I want to make my own bowling alley next, so I should have fun with that! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top