Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom careers and 64 bits hash/high bit

NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
I dabble a bit in custom careers and so far things are looking good, except my custom career raise an exception when I attempt to save after assigning the career to a Sim :

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_tracker.py", line 452, in save
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2872, in get_persistable_sim_career_proto
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 107, in Setter
ValueError: Value out of range: 12464470167094854350

with 12464470167094854350 being the decimal ID of my custom careers.career_tuning, and which is a 64bits hash with high bit set. The career assigned to my Sim is not saved when I exit/reload but it works fine when I use a 32 bits hash instead.

Am I supposed to use a 32 bits hash in this case or is this an oversight in the saving script ?

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    You are correct, career ID only supports 32 bit. We'll look into fixing that to support 64 bits. Thanks for bringing it up!
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response !

I'll stick to the 32bits in the meantime, that will do while I test it, and I still have quite a lot to do (those careers have a lot of associated ressources !). Crossing fingers there won't be huge changes to career ressources soon™ ;)
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi
    Is this still on your to-do list ? :)
  • Options
    Yes, but we don't have a target release date yet. Sorry.
  • Options
    Hi @Neia . Do you mind sharing the package file with me?
  • Options
    Just a heads up to anybody else that might be following this thread: this should be fixed as of the Vampires patch. Thanks!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @SimGuruEugi Thanks for the heads up!
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io