Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Now Complete and Uploaded (Riverside)

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hi, everyone--

There's a world I've been working on for ages that I used to call Sim Acres but I've renamed Riverside. In any event, it's now available at The Sims Depot.

[***Special note: At the end of this thread, you'll see I posted two fixed lots. You only need to download these lots if you downloaded Riverside before 4/4/16.]

You can read about the specs here. Just know beforehand that this is a large world and probably requires a more robust computer to run. It's also fully populated.

Some pictures:

Screenshot-1913.jpg

Screenshot-1809.jpg

Screenshot-1942.jpg

Screenshot-1736.jpg

Screenshot-1956.jpg

Screenshot-1928.jpg

I'll post more pics and hopefully a video soon.
EiFlric.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Lovely! I'll have to wait for my computer to come in to play it but I have downloaded and gave you a rec :)
  • Options
    StephSteb wrote: »
    Lovely! I'll have to wait for my computer to come in to play it but I have downloaded and gave you a rec :)

Thanks for the rec! I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had building it. :D

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Here are some more pictures of Riverside:

Screenshot-1686.jpg

Screenshot-1854.jpg

Screenshot-1924.jpg

Screenshot-1979.jpg

Screenshot-1986.jpg
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Oops! Just discovered a major bug in one of the apartment buildings in Riverside, so I just uploaded a fix. [Note: If you download Riverside as of 4-4-16, you do not need to download this lot, as it's been fixed in the new version].

The lot is called The Overton II and currently houses the Riverside Llamas. The problem is that two of the rooms don't behave as if they're enclosed, so what happens is that the sims will be exposed to the elements as if they're outside. That means they'll experience rain, snow, heat and cold even though they're inside.

overton2.png

I don't know why this happens, but it's an annoying bug. In any event, below here is a link to the fixed apartment building. [Note: If you download Riverside as of 4/4/16, you do not need to download this lot, as it's been fixed in the new uploaded version].
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    I just discovered another issue with a lot, this time, the Tan Brick Manor, which is the house where the Kirkland Harringtons live. [****Note to new Riverside downloaders: If you download the world as of 4/4/16, you do not need to download this lot, as it's been fixed in the new version I uploaded to the Exchange.]

tanbrickmanor.jpg

It's not really an "issue", per se. It's just that an incomplete version of this house accidentally made it to final release, with the attic bedroom for the two boys unfurnished. If you want to, I guess you could complete the house yourself for fun, but if you find the process too tedious, you can download the completed version here. I repeat, you only need to download this lot if you downloaded Riverside before 4/4/16.

Thanks for your patience, and Happy Simming!
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This looks great! I'm off to download and rec. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    This looks great! I'm off to download and rec. :)

Thank you! <3

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Whoops, discovered one last mistake, but scout's honor, this is the very last bug in Riverside.

The lot is called "The Roosevelt," the 5 bedroom apartment with the rooftop hot tub where the rock band, the Vaughn Trapps live (the Ross/Vaughn brothers and Bo Bradley).

roof_up_original.jpg

If you downloaded Riverside before 4/9/16, you will need to replace it with this new version, located here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8882032. Everyone else, you're good to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :s
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    We've had some relatives visiting all week so I haven't had a chance to play yet, but hopefully toward the end of the week I will. I'll try to post some screenshots when I do. :)

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @HappySimmer3: Oh, cool! That would be awesome! I can hardly wait! :D
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Golly, you weren't kidding when you said this world is BIG! I like how it has different "population" spots, each with a little different character. And if you like playing in one or two-bedroom highrises, this world has got you covered! Lots of custom built apartments, too. Gives it a very "big city" vibe.

Great job on populating it, too. I know that is not the easiest of processes. I selected this household of musicians to start off. I can tell by their different personalities that they would be fun to play.

25954329844_ed75c777f4_c.jpg

From there I just took a look around and took some screenshots.

26286422270_d4f98b2cf9_c.jpg

26533313186_c7fd547135_c.jpg

26466988302_b1b35248cc_c.jpg

26466995422_be8fbf6851_c.jpg

26286445710_da6a0ed8bf_c.jpg

Nice job on making this world! :star:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @HappySimmer3: Thanks so much for posting those great screenshots, and for your kind comments! Yes, I was definitely going for a big city feel, because I wanted a world that felt like NYC. People think large cities like NYC are all skyscrapers and tenements, but believe it or not, they have many distinct areas that are urban, suburban, coastal, industrial, etc. We even have neighborhoods containing turn of the century Victorian houses and beach homes. It's not all uniform like Bridgeport.

In case anyone wants to know, the musicians are based on a combination of rock bands that came out in the 1980s. I think anyone who's a fan of '80s rock will be able to guess who inspired the lead singer. :p
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    What expansion packs did you use in this?
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @musicman4365 - If you look at the first post you'll see "You can read about the specs here" with the word 'here' highlighted in blue. Click on that and you'll be taken to The Sims Depot website where you'll find the info your looking for at the bottom of all the pics :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Natcki17Natcki17 Posts: 11 New Member
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this world. I have scoured the dark edges of the internet for YEARS looking for a world like this. Only just found it. I can't express my gratitude enough. The intricate details, neighborhoods, I love everything about this world. Thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    @Natcki17 Glad you liked it! And you're very welcome. ;)
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Hi again, I love your world as I said, unfortunately, it keeps crashing on me! I downloaded Delphy's Custard and this world comes up as red so it seems like the file is somehow corrupt :( Is there perhaps a way to fix this, or perhaps an alternative download link? I also downloaded Oceanview and it too comes up red. I'm so sad because these worlds are EXACTLY what I've been looking for for years but it seems I can't play them!
  • Options
    Natcki17 wrote: »
    Hi again, I love your world as I said, unfortunately, it keeps crashing on me! I downloaded Delphy's Custard and this world comes up as red so it seems like the file is somehow corrupt :( Is there perhaps a way to fix this, or perhaps an alternative download link? I also downloaded Oceanview and it too comes up red. I'm so sad because these worlds are EXACTLY what I've been looking for for years but it seems I can't play them!

@Natck17: I'm not sure why the worlds are crashing. What error message are you getting (if any) and what happens when they crash? How long do you play each world before they crash? Also, do you have all the EPs listed under the requirements section?

In any event, what I'll do is upload the file to a different site to see if that helps any. If that doesn't help, then I'll have to look into what's happening.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Natcki17 If you try to check worlds with custard they will always show up red. Worlds cannot be checked with custard. I don't know why your game is crashing, unless you don't have something that is necessary for the world. I hope you figure it out though.
  • Options
    @Natcki17 : I uploaded Riverside to another site: https://www.dropbox.com/s/altx3mzj0dq2msd/Riverside.Sims3Pack?dl=0

If worse comes to worse and we can't figure out the issue, you could try waiting for Sim Acres, another big city world in a similar vein to Riverside and Oceanview. I'm in the process of playtesting it now, and I think it should be ready soon.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate it. In a way, that may actually good news. That just means the world is fine but perhaps some other piece of CC is making it go wonky. If that's the case, that means I need to do an overhaul on my CC. Lots of work, but hey at least that means I'd be able to play Riverside!!

@ts1depot Thank you for being so quick to reply. Based on bekkasan's insight, your world may not actually be an issue (thank goodness too because I friggin love this world, but I will have to do some work). The strange thing is the game works just fine. No lag, everything works beautifully. The crashes are completely random. They can happen 2 hours into playing, or 15 minutes into playing. The only consistent pattern is that it occurs in buy/build mode, live mode, or trying exit or re-enter a lot I've been working on. What may be of interest, however, is that it's only happened when I've tried building my own lots in one of the smaller city subareas (the area with all the parks on the water). The game just closes out and says "The Sims 3 has stopped working." Also, it hasn't happened while in CAS. I have all of the required expansions, and this laptop is brand new. The only thing I don't have installed is Fast Lane Stuff, but based on your description that shouldn't be a huge issue.

I'm gonna do some investigating.
  • Options
    Natcki17 wrote: »
    What may be of interest, however, is that it's only happened when I've tried building my own lots in one of the smaller city subareas (the area with all the parks on the water). The game just closes out and says "The Sims 3 has stopped working." Also, it hasn't happened while in CAS. I have all of the required expansions, and this laptop is brand new. The only thing I don't have installed is Fast Lane Stuff, but based on your description that shouldn't be a huge issue.

@Natcki17: Thanks so much for pinning the area down!

Which lots, specifically, are you trying to build on that cause the problem? Is it one of the large grey apt buildings+Wilki's Tower directly overlooking the Festival/concert area? If so, I too would like to investigate, because I'm kind of intrigued by this problem and would like to examine those lots to see what's up.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Amathyst8Amathyst8 Posts: 46 Member
    This is a beautiful world! Thanks for taking the time to create it! I'm sure it took a while.
  • Options
    @Amathyst8 :Thanks so much for your kind comments. And yes, it took a long while--around two years, to be exact.
    EiFlric.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top